Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 37
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

@borowsky said:
    my vps is down since more than two weeks
    just got email with new ryzen promo
    at this point its obvious scam
    faking backdated news on his page...
    he should be banned already on here

No ban, community need drama. He will eventually post again, as he reads this thread.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • MerlincoolMerlincool Member
    edited May 2021

There are lots of messages after my last post, What are latest updates??

• @Merlincool said: There are lots of messages after my last post, What are latest updates??

No update from cociu except for a backdated update in WHMCS about the outage.
    He also sent out emails advertising Ryzen VPSes.
    jsg has abandoned his shilling job, and default and dahartigan have taken over.

• @stevewatson301 said:

@Merlincool said: There are lots of messages after my last post, What are latest updates??

Shillin' like a villain over here.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @serv_ee said:
    So will this dumbass offer 6 months free services after this as well?

God, you really are stupid.

Do you have blind eyes or just can't read correctly?

I don't give a fuck about HS or what they'll offer afterward to cover up.

I have only pointed that refugee offers with popcorn giveaways are the bottom of what can be done as a provider in this thread.

Reminds me, Redbull from Deli-who (@MarkTurner) to the administrator of this forum at that time @jar.

Joined May 2020

So you're quite new and don't know so much history, you stupid kid.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited May 2021

As far as I know, a pangolin wandered into cociu's server room and involucrated a chia virus upon the drives.

Thanked by 2William LowLowLow
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member

@alexvolk said:

@serv_ee said:
    So will this dumbass offer 6 months free services after this as well?

God, you really are stupid.

Do you have blind eyes or just can't read correctly?

I don't give a fuck about HS or what they'll offer afterward to cover up.

I have only pointed that refugee offers with popcorn giveaways are the bottom of what can be done as a provider in this thread.

Reminds me, Redbull from Deli-who (@MarkTurner) to the administrator of this forum at that time @jar.

Joined May 2020

So you're quite new and don't know so much history, you stupid kid.

Cause people can't lurk. Right.

Also calling me a kid while not knowing shit about me, that's cute.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@stevewatson301 said:

@Merlincool said: There are lots of messages after my last post, What are latest updates??

I don't know the universe you live in but in the one I live in calling someone an a__hole and his behaviour disgusting are not shilling.

Have a beautiful sunday.

• I feel like we're losing sight of what's important here..... that Cociu doesn't know what he's doing... It's funny to watch so many people get worked up and argue over what constitutes a good host or a decent person or whatever nonsense that you think is so important to champion. But it's getting weird. Full transparency, I'm a HostSolutions customer for a while. And I knew what the hell I was getting into. I mean c'mon, he's eastern european, running a DC from the basement of a perfume shop (or at least he was, I don't even know anymore). What kind of service did you expect? Shady shit of course, torrent servers in a DMCA free haven, etc. And that's why I love it. Hell I even did a review of his services on this very forum years ago. I am in no way supporting his horrible timing with his Ryzen offer... his very horrible timing. I think it was the only email I have ever received that made me really really laugh. Comedy gold. But why is everyone getting so worked up over something that doesn't matter? He's Cociu... he fucked up, concentrate on that. Not on "so and so is a shill" "you're a shitty host because you're trying to steal business away". Did you forget where you are? This is LowendTalk. The lowend of humanity. (Ok that was a little rough, but it sounds good so I'll stick with it lol) We're all cheap bastards on here. People don't hang out here for "nice hosts". What's wrong with you?

• WilliamWilliam Member

I jump on the train to bash cociu for my own profit now because why the fuck not - I partnered with AlexHost in Moldova and we'll going to offer some nice plans (in an actual datacenter, on working hardware, with people that have an idea what they are doing) next weeks :)

(Note: before this i had no commercial interest at all, i do not own anything in Romania or Moldova)

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

@William said:
    I jump on the train to bash cociu for my own profit now because why the fuck not - I partnered with AlexHost in Moldova and we'll going to offer some nice plans (in an actual datacenter, on working hardware, with people that have an idea what they are doing) next weeks :)

(Note: before this i had no commercial interest at all, i do not own anything in Romania or Moldova)

4TB @ $10/y + credit promos please

• edited May 2021

@William said:

I wish you & AlexHost success & happy to see competition in Moldova to Romania's Hosting Solutions. Hope you post some nice "Grand Opening" specials like 4TB @ $10/y + credit promos with an option to add the world's only "Advanced DDoS Retribution Service" (ADRS) by William.

@jbiloh, @raindog308, seeing that LET has mercy to sometimes give 2nd chances, please consider a 2nd chance for @alexhost2 / @alexhost1 if they fly right.

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@William said:

Alexhost are good they deserve to do well. Shame that they got banned here 2 maybe 3 times though.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@ApeWeb said:

@William said:

Alexhost are good they deserve to do well. Shame thy got banned here 2 maybe 3 times though.

Let them enjoy together. They deserve each other. It's a perfect match in heaven. :smiley:

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited May 2021

@William said:

Are these going to to storage plans?

• @ApeWeb said:

@William said:

Alexhost are good they deserve to do well. Shame thy got banned here 2 maybe 3 times though.

I left the alexhost vps, and I leave it idle because this year he has been hit by DDOS attacks twice so that it was down for several hours. Under normal circumstances he was pretty good, ticket response was fast and very helpful. But unfortunately the network speed is not as good as last year.
    i am still recommended alexhost in term cheap and dmca ignore

• @ApeWeb said:

@William said:

Hey weren't you also going to open Moldova location?

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@codelock said:

@ApeWeb said:

@William said:

I have but it sold out very quickly. At the moment I am working on expanding the UK location to a new DC which should open next month.

I was going to wait until their ddos attack subsided before sending any more servers down to Moldova. However if there is sufficient interest I could do one earlier.

• I don't know how china mining works, but is it possible to see how much has been involucrated somewhere? Like, if 400 drives worth of coins appears on the network located in Romania...

• @ApeWeb said:

@codelock said:

@ApeWeb said:

@William said:

I have but it sold out very quickly. At the moment I am working on expanding the UK location to a new DC which should open next month.

I was going to wait until their ddos attack subsided before sending any more servers down to Moldova. However if there is sufficient interest I could do one earlier.

I missed it sadly, I thought you would make a offer post when you opened a new location.
    Btw if you start accepting pre orders I might buy one be sure to advertise them this time though

• edited May 2021

@pedagang said:.
    I left the alexhost vps, and I leave it idle because this year he has been hit by DDOS attacks twice so that it was down for several hours. I am still recommended alexhost in term cheap and dmca ignore

Lucky for @AlexHost, @William has a unique skill-set in identifying DDoS attackers & framing them to appear as terrorists in their home country. He inserts material onto their servers before reporting them to their nation's anti-terrorist agencies as he was describing in a different thread. It's hard to keep up DDoS attacks from jail.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@Offshore_Solutions said: credit promos

Illegal. Impossible to do accounting for in WHMCS +EU, no idea how he did it.

@ApeWeb said: I was going to wait until their ddos attack subsided before sending any more servers down to Moldova.

There will be no more issues with DDoS, regardless of attack size. I can filter anything via Qrator. Notably for this offers i will combine Alexhost BW with my own filtering and Retn upstream, so it's not the same you get directly, even if we sell it via their company.

@Offshore_Solutions said: He inserts material onto their servers before reporting them to their nation's anti-terrorist agencies as he was describing in a different thread

No, that would be illegal. Read what i wrote: I call their agency and simply lie. Which is legal. Manipulating evidence is not.

@default said: Let them enjoy together. They deserve each other. It's a perfect match in heaven.

Perfect match was me+Wahome and later me+2x4. Sadly both were busted as part of the RBN when Medvedev went out of office. Wahome is owned by the Medvedev group (its a circle...) and the Kremlin did not like having Zeus and similar right across them in Moscow.

I miss 2x4.

Thanked by 1srvjap
  • rahulksrahulks Member

@raindog308 said: Is it just me or does NetApp seem kinda prem for HS?

The sisters are prem too.

• rahulksrahulks Member

@Lee said:

@ben47955 said: but still, we complain from page one that there not communication and now there are, he should not have ?

FFS, are you really that guy? Go buy his new Ryzen VPS..

@ps20090 beat everyone to it,maybe or mostly.

@deank said:
    Really easy to fool/please customers of HS.

Root cause

@zappata said:

mv stockholmsyndrome cociusyndrome

How about

mv cociusyndrome sistersyndrome

• rahulksrahulks Member

@Lee said:

@ben47955 said: I never suggested this was ok to do

You did.

@ben47955 said: We have all different standard and I respect that, but in my book, a smelly announcement is better than nothing.

You are absolutely suggesting above it is ok to put out an announcement today (by the looks of it), date it in the past and make it look like you told people when it happened which is not only a lie but proves just how devious he is willing to try and be.

I think what @ben47955 really meant to say was something along the lines of 'better late than never'

• LeeLee Veteran

@rahulks said: think what @ben47955 really meant to say was something along the lines of 'better late than never'

I get that, my counter was that it's not.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@raindog308 said:

@default said: I hereby report this post as one of the bannable actions from rules

What rule were you thinking about? This isn't an offer thread.

@default said: I hereby request @seriesn to have provider tag removed and be banned from LET for violating the community rules.

LOL...wat

@dahartigan said: Providers bashing providers is tacky and ugly IMO.

Would you have said the same in, say, the GreenValueHost era? How about hosts that have outright scammed and been banned?

Because HostSolutions' behavior here is approaching that level.

• Systems offline for weeks in some cases
    • Like pulling teeth to get any kind of update and really there still hasn't been a solid explanation
    • Financial sketchiness
    • And now sending out new offers to his mailing list while tons of people (3,000 customers I think he said) are out of service

Indeed, it's amazing how quickly he burned through many years' worth of community good will. I can think of several other providers who had significant outages with data loss for clients (including at least one provider commenting in this thread) but they handled it professionally and pretty much the complete opposite of @cociu.

If @Francisco, @seriesn, and others had mocked some random provider's offer, that would be a different situation entirely. Have they said anything untrue or that wasn't clearly marked as logical speculation? It's not like they're spreading gossip or trying to torpedo @cociu. His behavior is beyond the pale and they're calling him out and I don't see why that's inappropriate.

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

• Warren Buffett

Without taking either side, it has always surprised me how fast something like reputation, that needs so much time to built, can be destroyed. The quote above certainly leaves one thinking..

• Just a matter of time untill this thread ranks no 1 in google for "involucrated".

imo.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ps20090ps20090 Member

@rahulks said: @ps20090 beat everyone to it,maybe or mostly.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Just a matter of time untill this thread ranks no 1 in google for "involucrated".

imo.

No. This term already exists in dictionary. It was just used in a weird context, regarding storage.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
This discussion has been closed.