Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proposal to change the rules regarding domain auctions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proposal to change the rules regarding domain auctions

The current rule requires that the domain be 6 months old before we can sell it.
I suggest changing this rule to 2 months, because after two months we can transfer the domain regularly via EPP code. 6 months may keep it from running too many auctions, but this is a forum and it is in a way content and keeps it moving.

Since the changes to this rule:
We can sell our domain faster with valid EPP code
Someone can get a good future name for the company by buying domains
There will be more auctions, which is in a way the content of the forum and does not harm it

I made the topic at the suggestion of raindog, so that the community could discuss my proposal.

Thanks! ✌️

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

The history here is that were opening a lot of domain-flipping threads, so we put in rules to cut it down. However, that problem was some years ago IIRC. We also put the one thread every 10 days per user rule in place.

Also idiots tend to think that some domain they registered 2 months ago is going to yield them a huge return like it's still 1996.

I really don't care - thought we'd get the community pulse.

I do think we should keep a minimum 60-day rule in place.

So what say ye:

• Keep the 6-month domain age rule or drop it to 60 days?
    • Keep the one-thread-per-10-days or no?
    Thanked by 1seriesn
  • GOBBLESGOBBLES Member

Shouldnt u be banned already? Surprised u are still here

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited May 2021

@raindog308 said:
    The history here is that were opening a lot of domain-flipping threads, so we put in rules to cut it down. However, that problem was some years ago IIRC. We also put the one thread every 10 days per user rule in place.

Also idiots tend to think that some domain they registered 2 months ago is going to yield them a huge return like it's still 1996.

So what say ye:

How about we extend offer to one thread every 15 days and domain to 9 moths?

Do we actually have a lack of offer threads? No! There’s way too damn many and sometimes, there’s more offer on the front page than standard normal posts. ( @AlwaysSkint did I use the correct than?)

Maybe even create a limit of “post to offer thread ratio”. Gotta create x amount of non shitty no “wht” styled post each period in order to be eligible for the next offer thread creation?

Or maybe if you actively participate within the community you get x post per month and if you only care about your company and your spam, you get y post per month.

There’s a currency that funds and fuels everything. Some places charges extra money for extra privilege. Community involvement is LE currency. Kinda tired of seeing people treating this place like a market place only and not really taking part in the “community”.

Being able to post offer should be reward and not obligation.

You want this community to thrive, give people who actually helps and contributes to the community better reward vs those, who only comes here to spam. Whaddya say?

LEB could be the no participation required marketplace ;)

Thanked by 2Shakib Wolf
  • ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

Things are great as it is.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Shakib said:

I concur.

• @Shakib said:

Indeed, I don't think that a change to the rules is needed.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • aiden1aiden1 Member

the first thing you do after being unbanned is to break the rules?

Friendly advice, adhere to the rules, that's it.

Just because your thread was closed for violating community rules, doesn't mean it's time to review the rules and consider your proposal.

You're beyond fortunate to be allowed back by JB and yet again you have violated the rules in just a matter of days.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@thedp said:

Just because your thread was closed for violating community rules, doesn't mean it's time to review the rules and consider your proposal.

You're beyond fortunate to be allowed back by JB and yet again you have violated the rules in just a matter of days.

bro are you intentionally changing ur avi to catch attention cuz it's working

i've noticed like 5 changes in a week lol

@SirFoxy said:

@thedp said:

Sorry mate, just messing around with GIMP to kill time.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Personally I like it the current way, for now you are asking for changing this 6 months to 2 months, who knows next you would ask for lifting the minimum bid of $7 rule?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@thedp said:

@SirFoxy said:

@thedp said:

Sorry mate, just messing around with GIMP to kill time.

i liked the yellow one that said DP in it personally

• dvaderdvader Member

@SirFoxy said: i liked the yellow one that said DP in it personally

I'll toy around with this one and see how it turns out :joy:

• rootedrooted Member

Will it be the next LowEndDrama?

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

No

@FAT32 said:
    Personally I like it the current way, for now you are asking for changing this 6 months to 2 months, who knows next you would ask for lifting the minimum bid of $7 rule?

He's free to run another round of auction that doesn't comply to the rules since he's currently got a ban exemption ticket.

I've never seen someone who has been evading bans this many times allowed back, breaks the rules again and is then able to propose for rule changes :)

• amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited May 2021

@raindog308 said:

So what say ye:

I like that. Drop it to 60 days with 10 days waiting to post. 👏🏻

@snt
    Who are you?

@thedp
    I don’t think my violations of the rules harmed anyone. I’m not a thief, I’m not a deadpooled provider, I’m not a spammer. I don't know what problem you have with me, jealousy? A complex of students from the first bench (because they didn't like me either)? Tell me.

I'm not hiding behind a 3 letters nickname with scarry movie avatar, everyone sees who I am by typing my nick + .com

Even a lot of providers from this forum benefit from me because I pay for VMs that they are idle.

Someone's got a good domain portfolio, a good project and a real life? Let's kill him on the forum.

• LeviLevi Member

Does anyone asked @saragoldfart if this new proposal is good?

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • I like the current rule. Don't change it.

@amadex1337 said: I don’t think my violations of the rules harmed anyone

Sure it doesn't harm anyone but rules are rules and if people want to stick around they should comply. You were made aware of this several times.

@amadex1337 said: I’m not a thief, I’m not a deadpooled provider, I’m not a spammer. I don't know what problem you have with me, jealousy?

Jealous? Of course! You should also ask every provider if they're jealous of other providers making their presence here and then allowed to break the rules - they'd be jealous too, right providers? :)

Whereas the spamming part, I'm not sure, I don't know what you're doing besides the obvious. I don't have a problem with you really, I mean it's not like I know you, personally. The problem I have is with people who don't go by the rules and I'm pretty sure other providers and community members would share the same sentiment.

The fact that you kept on creating threads looking for "appraisals" for your domains and randomly mentioning your domain(s) is also astonishing. I can't be bothered to look but there should be more. But yeah, just because the rules represents some kind of restrictions, you then try to go around it by hiding your intentions behind such threads, fishing for offers and/or potentially interested buyers.

Point is, I have no issues with you, period, but I have issues with people going against the rules when most of the other community members have been around complying to them.

Face it, you're a repeated offender, you have been in and out evading bans, with what, 5 accounts at least, which resulted in, yet again, a ban. Can't recall which accounts but if it's ever required, I'll go look them up.

You have been here longer than I have so you should be very well be aware of the rules, unless you've deliberately ignored them, then that's something else altogether and @raindog308 shouldn't have entertained you, @jbiloh shouldn't have unbanned you, because you'd still make it back with other accounts and doing the same things all over again.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@amadex1337 said: Someone's got a good domain portfolio, a good project and a real life? Let's kill him on the forum.

Oh for God's sake...

Yes, poor poor pitiful you.

• @amadex1337 said:
    I don’t think my violations of the rules harmed anyone.

But they are still violations. And going by other comments on this thread they have been multiple despite warnings.

I don't know what problem you have with me, jealousy? A complex of students from the first bench (because they didn't like me either)? Tell me.

Er, "those violations" would be my guess.

Your post here seems to be saying:

Yeah, I know I did the wrong thing, but why are you treating me like I've done the wrong thing, it isn't nice to treat me like someone who breaks the rules just because I broke the rules several times.

Maybe people will like you more if you wind them up less? Just a thought.

This discussion has been closed.