Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you know PR? A very awesome IDC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you know PR? A very awesome IDC

syoukosyouko Member
edited May 2021 in Tutorials

The cause of the event:
Pacificrack is an IDC that likes to promote in Chinese player forums :) ,Often launch some cheap and seemingly highly configured offers. (In fact, the performance is very garbage)

Last August 17th,According to PR, after half a month of rectification.

Grand launch of the PR-V series.

I bought one, but I didn’t use it until April this year.

Because of some of the "performance" of PR, everyone on the Chinese forum HOSTLOC is scolding PR.
And I also expressed my anger when I exhausted my traffic for the month (I have never exhausted it before, even less than 1G)

After the traffic was exhausted, my machine was suspended (this is normal, I have no opinion)

Until 4/17 of the billing day in April, my machine still did not recover
(Maybe next month I think :) )

Until 5/4 still did not recover, I submitted a ticket to question whether the traffic is one-time? LOL

Until 5/19, Means Two billing days have passed.

The PR didn't even reply to my ticket

IM ANGRY and Kind regards to PR -> SB NMSL

The matter was forgotten by me, until today someone on the HOSTLOC mentioned that his traffic was used up and encountered the same problem.
https://hostloc.com/thread-846446-1-1.html

PR means that if you run out of traffic and exceed the limit, then your machine will be restored in the next billing cycle

Amazing

I tried to log in to PR to see if my ticket was also replied.

But in fact, my account has been banned (actually there is still August to expire)

pacificrack is really a great IDC, everyone has sent good wishes

你妈死了
操你妈

More posts that praise PR (Chinese, I suggest you review it after translation)

https://hostloc.com/thread-831362-1-1.html

Comments

• syoukosyouko Member

Sorry for wrong sort

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

One thing that I want to mention, is that you shouldn't really mention hostloc on here as they are the most likely cause of a DDoS attack performed a few months back.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• JioJio Member

You open a ticket saying "stupid cunt" and "your mum is dead" and wonder why your account is closed?

• Wrong section buddy, the provider PMS section is 2 blocks down

• syoukosyouko Member

@skorupion said:
    One thing that I want to mention, is that you shouldn't really mention hostloc on here as they are the most likely cause of a DDoS attack performed a few months back.

There are all kinds of people in every forum, and I don’t think the forum itself can be blamed for mistakes. Right?

@syouko said:

@skorupion said:

There are all kinds of people in every forum, and I don’t think the forum itself can be blamed for mistakes. Right?

I mean yeah, but this was a huge attack, I mean a whole lot of botnets and hacked computers, I don't think one person will have that much computing power lol

• syoukosyouko Member

@Jio said:
    You open a ticket saying "stupid cunt" and "your mum is dead" and wonder why your account is closed?

Yes, you're right. Maybe I should ask if I've eaten and slept well after the service has been suspended for more than a month and the work order has been ignored for half a month

Because in this way, I am a qualified high-quality user in PR heart

• syoukosyouko Member

@skorupion said:

@syouko said:

@skorupion said:

I mean yeah, but this was a huge attack, I mean a whole lot of botnets and hacked computers, I don't think one person will have that much computing power lol

There are many businesses competing with each other, DDoS. Ordinary users also have a headache

PMS detected in addition.

@deank said:
    PMS detected in addition.

In which thread is PMS not detected?

Well, some are free from it.

I am beginning to think that a lot of men are actually women inside.

@deank said:

Which ones, link me to one

• syoukosyouko Member

@deank said:

Maybe you should try PR as well

To see if men can get PMS :D

@skorupion said:
    Which ones, link me to one

I am not allowed to make links, friend.
    I am not allowed to send PM (DM for younger gen), either.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

if you run out of traffic and exceed the limit, then your machine will be restored in the next billing cycle

Amazing

Well yes, there's a few standard ways that bandwidth accounting happens in the industry:

1. You have a fixed transfer allocation and your service gets suspended if you exceed it, with unsuspension when the new billing cycle starts
    2. You have a fixed transfer allocation and you get billed overage charges if you exceed it
    3. You don't have a fixed transfer allocation and have a fair usage agreement with the provider. Your service doesn't get suspended but they may take other action as necessary e.g. enforcing a rate limit
    4. You don't have a fixed transfer allocation and don't have a fair usage policy. You usually get billed 95%ile per Mbps utilised.

Usually you'd expect an email if you were approaching or exceeding your allocation on a fixed allocation. If that didn't happen, that's something PR should fix.

This however:

Zero sympathy from me. You made your bed, sleep in it.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

There's men in PMS, no doubt :joy:

• @Jio said: You open a ticket saying "stupid cunt" and "your mum is dead" and wonder why your account is closed?

And this is why some providers would just avoid accepting customers from China. But whenever someone does this, they become emotional and come to LET to share their word salad which includes the words "discrimination", "prejudice", "looking down upon", and so on.

• aiden1aiden1 Member

how is this an insult or swear word at all?

i don't understand. is this some weird cultural thing?

@aiden1 said:

To my understanding it's more or less "I wish your mom would die".

The ex soviet countries have some lovely equivalents along the lines of "may you search for your loved ones with a Geiger counter"

• syoukosyouko Member

@aiden1 said:

"Never Mind the Scandal and Liber" if you want

• syoukosyouko Member

@stevewatson301 said:

@Jio said: You open a ticket saying "stupid cunt" and "your mum is dead" and wonder why your account is closed?

And this is why some providers would just avoid accepting customers from China. But whenever someone does this, they become emotional and come to LET to share their word salad which includes the words "discrimination", "prejudice", "looking down upon", and so on.

Yeah yeah. That's why western countries prefer the Japanese maybe. They are gentle and easy-going, good at apologizing and bowing. swallow insult and humiliation silently

o:)

• syoukosyouko Member

@jackb said:

@aiden1 said:

To my understanding it's more or less "I wish your mom would die".

The ex soviet countries have some lovely equivalents along the lines of "may you search for your loved ones with a Geiger counter"

Strictly speaking "I wish your mom would die" is not 100% express the meaning of this sentence.

No "I wish", That's too tedious.

Direct fast forward to "Your mum already dead" To translate the essence of this abbreviation.

Simple, direct, no procrastination, 100% critical hit LOL :p

edited May 2021

@syouko said:
    Strictly speaking "I wish your mom would die" is not 100% express the meaning of this sentence.

Direct fast forward to "Your mum already dead" To translate the essence of this abbreviation.

In the West that meaning largely gets lost as it's read more as a (harsh) factual statement, than an insult. The "I wish" / "I hope" adds the context that really bakes it in as an insult.

But, totally not something to send to a supplier in a ticket.

• syoukosyouko Member

@jackb said:

@syouko said:

In the West that meaning largely gets lost as it's read more as a (harsh) factual statement, than an insult. The "I wish" / "I hope" adds the context that really bakes it in as an insult.

But, totally not something to send to a supplier in a ticket.

Magical language differences

• zxrlhazxrlha Member

:D Probably virtualizor calculated wrong bandwidth :D
    Maybe they did some wrong configurations.
    But I don't know whether they provide support in Chinese.

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited May 2021

@zxrlha said:

Virtualizor calculated the correct bandwidth but client ran out of it. (VPN/Sync etc..)
    Then his machine got suspended and will NOT auto-unsuspend in the next month.
    (The same as other panels, that's how it designed)

There might be an understanding gap:

Client may think it's provider's obligation to calculate and limit bandwidth byte by byte as they marked in the propaganda, once reached the machine will be hang-up and restore next month.

From Virtualizor/provider side, they have the different understanding. For this PR case, I see the provider suspend his VPS after ran out of (or exceed) traffic, even in the next month it WILL NOT auto unsuspend.

Maybe the provider ask the client pay for overusage even just 1 byte, and this can only communicate by ticket. Or they determine the client abuse their service by exceed traffic they offered each month. Not humanized way however the provider offered you promised traffic.

Client should understand it's not provider's duty to unsuspend your account after you overused their service, the only way to solve problem is to communicate with a proper mood.

Thanked by 1zxrlha
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@aiden1 said:

When my naughty roommate said this to me, I reported him for death threat.
    He got a warning from the apartment rental agency, and promised not to say this again.

Thanked by 1William
  • syoukosyouko Member

@lowendclient said:

@zxrlha said:

Virtualizor calculated the correct bandwidth but client ran out of it. (VPN/Sync etc..)
    Then his machine got suspended and will NOT auto-unsuspend in the next month.
    (The same as other panels, that's how it designed)

There might be an understanding gap:

Client may think it's provider's obligation to calculate and limit bandwidth byte by byte as they marked in the propaganda, once reached the machine will be hang-up and restore next month.

From Virtualizor/provider side, they have the different understanding. For this PR case, I see the provider suspend his VPS after ran out of (or exceed) traffic, even in the next month it WILL NOT auto unsuspend.

Maybe the provider ask the client pay for overusage even just 1 byte, and this can only communicate by ticket. Or they determine the client abuse their service by exceed traffic they offered each month. Not humanized way however the provider offered you promised traffic.

Client should understand it's not provider's duty to unsuspend your account after you overused their service, the only way to solve problem is to communicate with a proper mood.

I will if PR is willing to communicate with me, as you can see, I have been waiting for half a month

• syoukosyouko Member

@zxrlha said:

@zxrlha said:

of course :# ,To attract Chinese customers with low price, in order to facilitate "handling problems", PR specially recruited a Chinese customer service from LOC. However, he didn't plan to deal with the problem and talked to everyone in the forum all day