Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions down? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions down?

Comments

• Uptime is most important factor
    There isnt much stuff you can do on offline VPS
    There isnt much stuff you can do on vps with 90% uptime outside of seeding p2p, storing backups and stuff like that
    I would rather get my resources splited by 2 at same price but to have almost 100% uptime

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Uptime is like health.

You don't care much about it when you have it. You care for it only when it's gone.

For many people on LET, uptime is not the most important thing. Price is. This thread is one of proof.

• @borowsky said:
    Uptime is most important factor
    There isnt much stuff you can do on vps with 90% uptime outside of seeding p2p, storing backups and stuff like that
    I would rather get my resources splited by 2 at same price but to have almost 100% uptime

Agreed. Same here.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@afn said: Basically that's the business model here, you make crazy offers with yearly payment, so you get 1 full year covered, people get mad, do some upgrades, announce new promo, get new customers, lose old ones as they won't renew, get another new year covered, repeat.

Problem is, those people you fucked over talk...A lot. They'll talk about the poor service and make it that those original yearly deals won't sell. Now, the only thing that sells is the next insane deal where in the off chance you have a 70%+ uptime, it's a good price.

Those people get tired though and you gotta keep doing crazier and crazier deals.

But now, the problem is cucio is living entirely off 'credit top ups' where he's not actually selling a service, he's selling a promise that at some point that top up is going to be worth it. It's a liability.

Remember, he promised he was going to stop doing those early last year. Dude went a couple months and said "fuck it" and went even harder. Almost every single offer he posts also includes a top up, with more than once he sent emails for just topups, nothing else.

It becomes the issue DO had. DO gave away so much free service for so many years there was people with multiple thousands in free credits stacked up. Not just a couple people like that, so much they made a blog post discussing it.

Basically the fear is that at some point those users will all want to cash in (provision services) and they're not going to have the capacity to handle a sudden bum rush. With that, DO enforced a 'use it or lose it' policy to cull the credits out.

I have no doubt their banks/creditors saw all of that and said "deal with it".

Francisco

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited April 2021

Don't want to add to the hostsolutions hate but I need to vent about my poor experience with their service.

7 day promised delivery time took more than a month to provision and all without updates and responses to tickets.

Even after provisioning, the vps was setup incorrectly(i.e e1000 nic, wrong virtio driver etc.). I had to explain this to him so he redeployed the changes to everyone. Even after the changes, the disk speeds were shot to hell (5MB/s) and again no response to tickets.

After almost two months of this ordeal,I finally got my refund, which I was almost sure I'd have to raise a PayPal dispute.

My experience is not even an exception since a lot of people who got the storage product experienced the same issues. I wonder why some people on this forum still support HS so much, unless they're some kind of masochists or want others to suffer their plight. I wouldn't even have thought about HS if it wasn't for jsg's positive review of them.

Finally, people keep bringing up the price which is not even that low compared to the offers provided by more reputed providers like letbox,serverica & hosthatch.

• cociucociu Member
    edited April 2021

so back to explain soething ad will came in the next days with all what we have done last week .But i want topoint something before anything :

i see many comments here bame us , and with reason we have no escuse , but you must to understand 27 hours down in 3 monts meen a sla of :

Quarterly reporting: 98.768 %
    Yearly reporting: 99.692 %

Now , we have send a newsletter and is true was short time but was sent, even was sent the people was oppenin a ton of tikets (to make a ideea was +300 tikets than normall in the first hour) wich was caused overload to our tiketing guys.

what we have done in 27 hours ? :smile:

1) upgrade all the network behind of our router and add a aditional link to each rack
    2) make a quick mantenece because who is clustomer in hostsolutions for long time is know we have done this last time 3 years ago when we have change the location so we have decided to make it as we had so much hours of downtime
    3) in the last 3 month we have a huge power consumition due of minners so we have set the same task with the electrical company to add a 3rd line in order to prevent future problems
    4) we have implement telia in our oradea location
    5) still in working set the routes , fix the ip ranges in proper orders.

Really sorry for all this drama but was the propper moment for us to make all this changes. I repet not have escuses , will compensate with bgger port speed from1gbps to 10gbps for free .

Regards!

Thanked by 3Jorbox raynor lentro
  • @cociu said:
    so back to explain soething ad will came in the next days with all what we have done last week .But i want topoint something before anything :

i see many comments here bame us , and with reason we have no escuse , but you must to understand 27 hours down in 3 monts meen a sla of :

Now , we have send a newsletter and is true was short time but was sent, even was sent the people was oppenin a ton of tikets (to make a ideea was +300 tikets than normall in the first hour) wich was caused overload to our tiketing guys.

1) upgrade all the network behind of our router and add a aditional link to each rack
    2) make a quick mantenece because who is clustomer in hostsolutions for long time is know we have done this last time 3 years ago when we have change the location so we have decided to make it as we had so much hours of downtime
    3) in the last 3 month we have a huge power consumition due of minners so we have set the same task with the electrical company to add a 3rd line in order to prevent future problems

Really sorry for all this drama but was the propper moment for us to make all this changes. I repet not have escuses , will compensate with bgger port speed from1gbps to 10gbps for free .

Regards!

Great mate

Keep up the good work

• My VPS is finally back online after a week of downtime.

• @bibiwood said:
    My VPS is finally back online after a week of downtime.

You should go out and celebrate for this.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @borowsky said:
    Uptime is most important factor

Even that, what is the point of a backup if you can't access when you need to restore it.

@cociu said:

Regards!

You do realize you didn't give the correct IP range in your email ?
    And that's probably why most people including me never received any email.
    And you wonder why so many tickets were opened ?

Several weeks of downtime from your encounter with the police.
    And an additional one now, how much SLA is that ?
    Personally I don't think I ever seen my server with more than one month of uptime, and that doesn't include all the time where the server is up but not connectable to.

Thanked by 1fragpic
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2021

@cociu said: 4) we have implement telia in our oradea location

'We built a not really working tunnel with weird ICMP routing between Bucharest and Oradea because no sane carrier has a POP there, we are also only there for cheap power"

Fixed that for you

Oradea is for Romania what Zlin is for Czechia (remember FDCServers, a subsidiary of Cogent?). A Power plant with some people and a highway cutting through.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Cociu is a decent guy. He hasn't shut up the shop, stay low for a bit, and start over with a new identity and business name - which is a common pattern for some hosts present on LET.

He hasn't run away. I will give him a credit for that.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • cociucociu Member
    edited April 2021

@deank said: Cociu is a decent guy. He hasn't shut up the shop, stay low for a bit, and start over with a new identity and business name - which is a common pattern for some hosts present on LET.

He hasn't run away. I will give him a credit for that.

no worry, ii have been acused for change the company what we use for invoice ...so this was not exception, LET people (some of them ) is verry vigilante. BUT no we will not rebrand , we will not dissapear no worry. Morefor the price what we practice in some product we are accused of noreliable ....but weare here after so much years.

EDIT : and a offer will came today or tumorrow. Welcome Ryzen offers !

Thanked by 2BBTN Redzone
  • @cociu said: EDIT : and a offer will came today or tumorrow. Welcome Ryzen offers !

Why doing offer when you have not catch up on support and your network issues ? That will just make everything worse

• Tr33nTr33n Member

@ben47955 said: Why doing offer when you have not catch up on support and your network issues ? That will just make everything worse

Maybe he need fresh money :joy:

• cociucociu Member

@ben47955 said: Why doing offer when you have not catch up on support and your network issues ? That will just make everything worse

because we have 3 locations ? because hostsolutions in this moment is not only Oradea ... Because in bucharest and in norway we had zero issue ? etc etc...

• cociucociu Member

@Tr33n said: Maybe he need fresh money

i need fresh sisters yes , sisters need money only if you are a full ... i am not the one ...

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @cociu said: because we have 3 locations ? because hostsolutions in this moment is not only Oradea ... Because in bucharest and in norway we had zero issue ? etc etc...

Maybe because you seem short staffed on support and new order gonna bring more ticket ?

• cociucociu Member
    edited April 2021

@ben47955 said: Maybe because you seem short staffed on support and new order gonna bring more ticket ?

today all tikets will be clean , more a location withowt problem is generate zero tikets ...just my logical part of brain ..

Edit , the ryzen line was tested durring 30 days in full production and no issue , i plan to start with bucharest wich is work like a charm ... so i dont think this is a overload as the orders wll be automatically delivered.

• Tr33nTr33n Member

@cociu said: i need fresh sisters yes , sisters need money only if you are a full ... i am not the one ...

This sister blabla is not funny anymore, sorry. That sounds like you're some little boy going through puberty. But actually the incest talk makes sense, your network is constantly misbehaving like an inbreed. Like the ICMP thing, mentioned by William.

• @cociu said: because we have 3 locations ? because hostsolutions in this moment is not only Oradea ... Because in bucharest and in norway we had zero issue ? etc etc...

Because you don't run your own network in these. Anything you touch network wise seems to just burn to the ground. And anyone you pay for it seems to just configure horrible things (like this tunnel with local ICMP).

Your thing in Oradea is what EDIS had in Graz - It exists because it's near, space is plenty and power is cheap. The OPEX are however insanely high, not even including physical security.

And then you realise 10G L2 ORD-BUC (no transit) cost more than 10G transit in BUC, and you fucked yourself over. Because this will not get cheaper.

And i hope you never thought of getting ANY other carrier for L2 in Oradea than Digi... considering Digi/RCS is literally a company from Oradea 🤣

• cociucociu Member

@William said: And i hope you never thought of getting ANY other carrier for L2 in Oradea than Digi... considering Digi/RCS is literally a company from Oradea

totally wrong !

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2021

@cociu said: totally wrong !

Then, tell me, who is present in Oradea with an IP pop not operating on Digi backhaul?

(And why do you not buy from this carrier, instead backhauling to BUC while the route to BUD is nearer)

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @cociu said:

My VPS has been "up" but with unusable network speeds for over a month. For a storage VPS, if the network is unusably slow, it is as good as down.

Sure maybe you had an excess of tickets opened because of this issue, but my ticket was ignored for twenty one days before finally getting a hasty response. There is no explanation for this aside from "we have been having issues"... These issues weren't going on weeks ago, so there's no explanation for why my ticket was ignored.

Yeah, all of this has made exactly zero difference for me. My VPS has been slow (400KB/s) for a month or a little more, and guess what? It's still 400KB/s at the best right now as of this moment.

You've been saying this for months and I've seen nothing aside from a select few getting the upgrade.

Support told me they could move my VPS but all my data would be lost (which is a cheap way of doing it, but so be it), so I've been trying to back up my server, and just to back up 300gb it will take weeks. I've been suffering this network speed issue for months, and it gets worse rather than better. I've been unable to use my VPS at all besides just trying to pull my data off a couple megabytes at a time (which is all the network will allow).

• cociucociu Member
    edited April 2021

@William said: Then, tell me, who is present in Oradea with an IP pop not operating on Digi backhaul?

turkis telekom , transelectrica

• cociucociu Member

@glacier32 said: My VPS has been "up" but with unusable network speeds for over a month. For a storage VPS, if the network is unusably slow, it is as good as down.

i dont negate anything , but for what i know this is a isolated issue

@glacier32 said: Sure maybe you had an excess of tickets opened because of this issue, but my ticket was ignored for twenty one days before finally getting a hasty response. There is no explanation for this aside from "we have been having issues"... These issues weren't going on weeks ago, so there's no explanation for why my ticket was ignored.

give me your tiket number in private to take a look before make any comment.

@glacier32 said: Yeah, all of this has made exactly zero difference for me. My VPS has been slow (400KB/s) for a month or a little more, and guess what? It's still 400KB/s at the best right now as of this moment.

its easy , depend of the issue (maybe the ip was limited for some reason , maybe bad settings ...etc. In the wrostcase we can create anew kvm and let the old one 1 month up until to migrate the data. Sorry but if i dont know the real reason is difficult to comment a solution.

• @cociu said:

@glacier32 said: My VPS has been "up" but with unusable network speeds for over a month. For a storage VPS, if the network is unusably slow, it is as good as down.

i dont negate anything , but for what i know this is a isolated issue

Even if it is an isolated issue I still would expect some resolution.

@glacier32 said: Sure maybe you had an excess of tickets opened because of this issue, but my ticket was ignored for twenty one days before finally getting a hasty response. There is no explanation for this aside from "we have been having issues"... These issues weren't going on weeks ago, so there's no explanation for why my ticket was ignored.

give me your tiket number in private to take a look before make any comment.

I will DM my ticket numbers in a moment

@glacier32 said: Yeah, all of this has made exactly zero difference for me. My VPS has been slow (400KB/s) for a month or a little more, and guess what? It's still 400KB/s at the best right now as of this moment.

its easy , depend of the issue (maybe the ip was limited for some reason , maybe bad settings ...etc. In the wrostcase we can create anew kvm and let the old one 1 month up until to migrate the data. Sorry but if i dont know the real reason is difficult to comment a solution.

Creating a new KVM is fine, but I'm worried I would be able to even migrate all my data in time in a month because of the poor network speeds. As long as I get my VPS back with a reasonable network speed I will be happy, the data is not crucial but will take some time to restore manually. I do think that I have some justification asking for two things: a credit for the time which my ticket was left without a response, and also if my VPS must be moved if it could be moved to Norway or Bucharest due to the problems that have been happening with Oradea.

• cociucociu Member

@glacier32 said: Creating a new KVM is fine, but I'm worried I would be able to even migrate all my data in time in a month because of the poor network speeds. As long as I get my VPS back with a reasonable network speed I will be happy, the data is not crucial but will take some time to restore manually. I do think that I have some justification asking for two things: a credit for the time which my ticket was left without a response, and also if my VPS must be moved if it could be moved to Norway or Bucharest due to the problems that have been happening with Oradea.

as any of this prefered noproblem

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2021

@cociu said: turkis telekom , transelectrica

Do you mean TT? TürkTelekom runs on DTAG fiber and does not offer transit outside of Turkey, its basically a state ISP.

Transelectrica is a utility provider offering L2, no IP services. They run on the power poles and - wait for it - use Digi (and Romanian railways) as backup. It is also gov owned (58%) so cannot be compared.

The only Tier2 carrier with an IP pop in Oradea i know is, best ever, UPC.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@cociu

As much as I'd like to see Ryzen based systems from you: Stop the crazy HostSolutions lottery!
    Get your stuff in order, make sure that everything runs fine and smooth at least for 2 weeks and all tickets and problems are resolved before offering any new products, no matter how nice they may be!