Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Block Storage Solution for reasonable cost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Block Storage Solution for reasonable cost

Currently we are planning to use buyvm.net block storage service with there KVM slice lineup but the thing is they don't have much in stock. So I'm seraching for a provider with similer pricing with some good location to asia. ( around 150ms avg is acceptable )

Comments

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited March 2021

@seriesn maybe?

I'm also waiting for LU stuff, that stuff goes OOS quick..

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @jahrinc said:
    @seriesn maybe?

yeah, We waited for lux-we location block storage from buyvm.net but sadly they are not avilable yet. :/

• Sadly the flexibility of block storage is limited when stock is limited

• @caracal said: Sadly the flexibility of block storage is limited when stock is limited

yeah, basically our software turns this block storage to some sort of object storage to our applications. We are afraid of going live with buyvm.net due to this stock issue. Otherwise it's the best.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@shyaminayesh said:

@caracal said: Sadly the flexibility of block storage is limited when stock is limited

yeah, basically our software turns this block storage to some sort of object storage to our applications. We are afraid of going live with buyvm.net due to this stock issue. Otherwise it's the best.

We're working to keep up with stock a lot better this year :) Last time we came close to running out (or ran out) we already had another node in the midst of being racked.

LUX is getting 400TB of slabs any day now. Root confirmed everything was racked yesterday with them cabling today. I'll get badblocks running on all drives and we expect to have things pooled very quickly.

Francisco

Thanked by 2caracal lentro
  • LUX is getting 400TB of slabs any day now. Root confirmed everything was racked yesterday with them cabling today. I'll get badblocks running on all drives and we expect to have things pooled very quickly.

It's not the issue with running out, I understand that due to high demand and the quality of your service it's very hard keep them coming.

due to the nature of your business operations I can't gurantee my customers that we can keep up with the storage needs of them. It's great if we can have some kind of account manager to keep our commiunication and do some pre order before the stock is coming. So we can assure we'll get slices and slabs in the specific date in future. :smile: hope you can understand.

Thanked by 1kkrajk

@shyaminayesh said: due to the nature of your business operations I can't gurantee my customers that we can keep up with the storage needs of them. It's great if we can have some kind of account manager to keep our commiunication and do some pre order before the stock is coming. So we can assure we'll get slices and slabs in the specific date in future. hope you can understand.

That's fair.

We've reserved stock for clients before though if we know they got tight deadlines on things :)

Anythings possible, just gotta plan it out with us.

Francisco

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @Francisco said: That's fair.

We've reserved stock for clients before though if we know they got tight deadlines on things
    Anythings possible, just gotta plan it out with us.

can you arrange that kind of business with us ? I tried to commiunicate from your support desk but they just hold me with pre defined replies :/

@shyaminayesh said: can you arrange that kind of business with us ? I tried to commiunicate from your support desk but they just hold me with pre defined replies

Sure? Just put in a ticket with sales and ask to be forwarded to me. They'll put it to my queue :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Sure? Just put in a ticket with sales and ask to be forwarded to me. They'll put it to my queue

Ok, let me try it :smile:

• @jahrinc said:
    @seriesn maybe?

Thanks for the mention boss! <3

@shyaminayesh Join the Nexus Bytes Family boss :). Maybe our NL location would help? (lg l.nexusbytes.com)

• @seriesn said: @shyaminayesh Join the Nexus Bytes Family boss . Maybe our NL location would help? (lg l.nexusbytes.com)

let me send you PM :smile:

Thanked by 1seriesn