Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSlick is not doing too well these days.. Extorting $4 cancelation fees with collection agencies. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSlick is not doing too well these days.. Extorting $4 cancelation fees with collection agencies.

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2021

@TimboJones said:
    I miss the days when men would take care of their debts and not whine like a little bitch (extortion? Extortion?! Extortion?!?!) over $5.

@danceswithpugs said:
    So many folks signing up for services. Forgetting they ever signed up for said services. Assuming/expecting the provider needs to send them reminders they're paying for services with them they may not be utilizing, daily? Weekly? Monthly?

Cancel services you aren't using and avoid this situation entirely? Crazy.

I see you guys didin't bother read the thread.

I bet you would squeal like a pig @TimboJones if there was an invalid buggy invoice that your supposed to pay, and on top of that the provider begins to talk about collection agency. The reason I brought it up was cause it was actually so small amount.

• @stefeman said:
    I bet you would squeal like a pig @TimboJones if there was an invalid buggy invoice that your supposed to pay, and on top of that the provider begins to talk about collection agency. The reason I brought it up was cause it was actually so small amount.

@deank @SirFoxy Where's the PMS meter reading at?

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@stefeman said:

@deank @SirFoxy Where's the PMS meter reading at?

Its over 9000!

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2021

@TimboJones said:
    I miss the days when men would take care of their debts and not whine like a little bitch (extortion? Extortion?! Extortion?!?!) over $5.

For fucking once, I will agree with Tim.

It's fucking 4 bucks, 4 whole dollars. This dude couldn't solve it on his own and had to whine on a forum, for 4 whole fucking dollars.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2021

@deank said:

@TimboJones said:

For fucking once, I will agree with Tim.

It's fucking 4 bucks, 4 whole dollars. This dude couldn't solve it on his own and had to whine on a forum, for 4 whole fucking dollars.

Another one who doesent bother to read.

Because it was only 4 USD and not even 30 USD and yet there was actually an collection agency email right after is precisely why I made this thread. Not to mention even according to the provider it was buggy and invalid invoice not meant to be paid.

Are you out of memes today deank?

Now we just miss jsg and the party would be complete.

• @TimboJones said:

@LTniger said:

@cazrz said: But without explicitly stating.

This calls "Surcharge fee" and it is against section in PayPal agreement:

"No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions"

Source: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#standard-transaction-fees

The invoice is fucking posted above. It's 0 for PayPal fees and $5 for late fee that would apply to any payment method. Why are you intentionally being obtuse, again?

You seems have some obsession with me? Mate, try to relax. Maybe take a sip of vodka?

For late fees there is usually no paypal fees added, but if that invoice would be regular, the charge coul be applied.

• @stefeman said:
    Because it was only 4 USD and not even 30 USD and yet there was actually an collection agency email right after is precisely why I made this thread. Not to mention even according to the provider it was buggy and invalid invoice not meant to be paid.

Imagine being scared of collection agencies in the current year, if you were genuinely concerned about them assassinating your ass for some pocket change then why not pay it instead of bitching here?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@LTniger said:
    For late fees there is usually no paypal fees added, but if that invoice would be regular, the charge coul be applied.

False. This is an invoice I received on 2020-12-14, and it indicates that PayPal gateway fee is zero.

Your payment method is: PayPal/Credit Card

Invoice #2020-11-13-112
    Amount Due: $30.00USD
    Due Date: Sunday, December 13th, 2020

Invoice Items

HOSTSLICK-BLACKFRIDAY2019-1 - vps.example.com (13.12.2020 - 12.12.2021) $25.00USD
    PayPal/Credit Card - Gateway Fees (0.00(Fixed)+0.00%) $0.00USD
    Late Fee (Added 14.12.2020) $5.00USD
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub Total: $30.00USD
    Credit: $0.00USD
    Total: $30.00USD

(hostname edited)

Some other payment options could cause non-zero gateway fee. For example, selecting Perfect Money would add 30% gateway fee.

Thanked by 2Levi TimboJones
  • @jmgcaguicla said:

@stefeman said:

Imagine being scared of collection agencies in the current year, if you were genuinely concerned about them assassinating your ass for some pocket change then why not pay it instead of bitching here?

Cause thats beyond point considering the invoice was invalid?

• @yoursunny said:

@LTniger said:

False. This is an invoice I received on 2020-12-14, and it indicates that PayPal gateway fee is zero.

Your payment method is: PayPal/Credit Card

Invoice #2020-11-13-112
    Amount Due: $30.00USD
    Due Date: Sunday, December 13th, 2020

Invoice Items

HOSTSLICK-BLACKFRIDAY2019-1 - vps.example.com (13.12.2020 - 12.12.2021) $25.00USD
    PayPal/Credit Card - Gateway Fees (0.00(Fixed)+0.00%) $0.00USD
    Late Fee (Added 14.12.2020) $5.00USD
    Sub Total: $30.00USD
    Credit: $0.00USD
    Total: $30.00USD

(hostname edited)

Some other payment options could cause non-zero gateway fee. For example, selecting Perfect Money would add 30% gateway fee.

Thank you for clarification.

• i know hostslick is best for me. ❤️
    love from Bangladesh 😘😎

• @LTniger said:

@TimboJones said:

@LTniger said:

@cazrz said: But without explicitly stating.

This calls "Surcharge fee" and it is against section in PayPal agreement:

"No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions"

Source: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#standard-transaction-fees

The invoice is fucking posted above. It's 0 for PayPal fees and $5 for late fee that would apply to any payment method. Why are you intentionally being obtuse, again?

You seems have some obsession with me? Mate, try to relax. Maybe take a sip of vodka?

If you had some common sense, I wouldn't have to correct you all the time.

Wtf "if"? There's no iffing about it. It's plain as day invoice without added PayPal fees charged to the user. You're basic.

• @stefeman said:

@TimboJones said:

@danceswithpugs said:
    So many folks signing up for services. Forgetting they ever signed up for said services. Assuming/expecting the provider needs to send them reminders they're paying for services with them they may not be utilizing, daily? Weekly? Monthly?

Cancel services you aren't using and avoid this situation entirely? Crazy.

I see you guys didin't bother read the thread.

Oh yes, I would be crying my piggy little eyes out thinking a company would send a $5 debt to collections.

Get fucking serious. I would laugh, as would most people. Not only because the rest of us know that to be silly, but even in that event, I would surely exact more than $5 of labour from a collection agency just to be a cunt. Only a really petty person would post this thread as you did.

But really, I'd just pay the debt in the first place and not be a spam blaming bitch when you fail your responsibility. "Threatened". Jesus, you must be scarred for life, poor baby.

• and my VPS are DOWN 😭😭😭

• @ruhulamin7 said:
    i know hostslick is best for me. ❤️
    love from Bangladesh 😘😎

@ruhulamin7 said:
    and my VPS are DOWN 😭😭😭

Well, that escalated quickly.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @lokuzard said:

@ruhulamin7 said:
    i know hostslick is best for me. ❤️
    love from Bangladesh 😘😎

@ruhulamin7 said:
    and my VPS are DOWN 😭😭😭

Well, that escalated quickly.

Tomorrow is abruptly DOWN

• don't worry hostslick has been here for years

• @notarobo said:
    don't worry hostslick has been here for years

but my client will kill me.
    all down 13 hour + gone

• @ruhulamin7 said:

@notarobo said:

all down 13 hour + gone

is hostslick still best for you now?

• @notarobo said:

@ruhulamin7 said:

@notarobo said:

all down 13 hour + gone

is hostslick still best for you now?

😞😞

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ruhulamin7 said:

@notarobo said:

That's even worse than losing millions :/

• @brueggus said:

@ruhulamin7 said:

@notarobo said:

That's even worse than losing millions :/

😪

• @ruhulamin7 said:

@notarobo said:

all down 13 hour + gone

so what did you do in those last 13 hours and what are you waiting for? go and fix your shit instead of posting here...

you bought an unmanaged service. it is broken, compromised or whatever, so you need to actually work for your money and investigate and fix it. most likely nothing to do with hostslick and their services after all.
    you could even reinstall your vserver and restore the data from your backups.

you should not sell things to 'clients' in the first place that you can't reliably deliver or restore if an issue arises.

• @Falzo said:

@ruhulamin7 said:

@notarobo said:

all down 13 hour + gone

so what did you do in those last 13 hours and what are you waiting for? go and fix your shit instead of posting here...

you bought an unmanaged service. it is broken, compromised or whatever, so you need to actually work for your money and investigate and fix it. most likely nothing to do with hostslick and their services after all.

you should not sell things to 'clients' in the first place that you can't reliably deliver or restore if an issue arises.

i'm also try it.
    but i can't success to it.
    that's way i'm waiting

• @Falzo said:

@ruhulamin7 said:

@notarobo said:

all down 13 hour + gone

Backup not set yet

I see this situation when I go to set up backup tomorrow

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ruhulamin7 said: Backup not set yet

👍🏼

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Hostslick is extremely notorious in quality of service as well.

• @ruhulamin7 said: that's way i'm waiting

but wait for what? it's not gonna fix itself misteriously...

boot into rescue, bring up VNC console and check what is wrong. see if you can find and mount your disks/partitions and eventually rewrite grub etc.

if you have no idea on how to do that, open your wallet and find someone who has 🤷‍♂️

yeah, see, tomorrow won't cut it with this one...

Thanked by 1ruhulamin7
  • @Falzo said:

@ruhulamin7 said: that's way i'm waiting

but wait for what? it's not gonna fix itself misteriously...

boot into rescue, bring up VNC console and check what is wrong. see if you can find and mount your disks/partitions and eventually rewrite grub etc.

if you have no idea on how to do that, open your wallet and find someone who has 🤷‍♂️

yeah, see, tomorrow won't cut it with this one...

actually i have no idea for that issues solution,..

• @ruhulamin7 said:
    actually i have no idea for that issues solution,..

Jesus fucking christ, people are literally spoonfeeding you the solutions/giving you alternatives.

Thanked by 1TimboJones