Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 61
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @brueggus can we all still get the FREE RAM UPGRADE by PMing you? I think deadline was today or tomorrow?

Thanked by 3imok FrankZ yoursunny
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@randomq said:
    @brueggus can we all still get the FREE RAM UPGRADE by PMing you? I think deadline was today or tomorrow?

Yes, but you'll need to include a video of yourself doing push-ups.

1 push-up = 10 MB RAM upgrade.

Please also include your IP address and your root password.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Ganonk
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited December 2020

My root password for all my VirMach VMs is V1rm4ch and the IP is 128.105.39.11. Please send more RAM.

PS Don't abuse my VMs or flood my servers. Thank you.

Thanked by 2brueggus yoursunny
  • @dTQzBen8 said:
    @VirMach Hello, the site seems glitched and my paid invoice was set back to unpaid, the corresponding service is long pending since then. Should I open a ticket?

EDIT: ticket opened

Now it send me a reminder asking me paying $0. :p
    @VirMach Could you please check Ticket #189607, otherwise my service will be "suspended then terminated"(although it already keep pending)

• Oh VirBot...

$27.73/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    512MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• Seems like cores are expensive there :D

Thanked by 1randomq
  • @randomq said:
    Oh VirBot...

$27.73/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    512MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

That's the egg

Thanked by 1randomq

@randomq said:
    @brueggus can we all still get the FREE RAM UPGRADE by PMing you? I think deadline was today or tomorrow?

Thanked by 2randomq imok
  • ONLY?!

Pfffff

Thanked by 2brueggus randomq
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

Bot went nuts again :D
    $10/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    384MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

I am kinda tempted to buy that to see what there really is - I have a feeling this is a bait and real specs are better ;')

edited December 2020

@JabJab said:

I am kinda tempted to buy that to see what there really is - I have a feeling this is a bait and real specs are better ;')

Do it !

I bought too many idlers already to play Virmach roulette this year :/

• @JabJab said:

I have a feeling some noobs are still buying these, and @VirMach is going to leave the flash sale going forever. ;)

Thanked by 2FrankZ Hakim
  • @brueggus - I also have a ticket in, and if you can find the ticket number and enter it as a promo code you get 50% off any flash deal under $30. :naughty: #findtheegg

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@brueggus said:

@randomq said:

Yes, but you'll need to include a video of yourself doing push-ups.

1 push-up = 10 MB RAM upgrade.

Please also include your IP address and your root password.

I sent the push-ups and received the upgraded RAM.
    It worked flawlessly.

Can I get a CPU upgrade too?

Thanked by 2FrankZ randomq
  • @yoursunny said: Can I get a CPU upgrade too?

twerk paid

• GanonkGanonk Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:

Thank you for providing your ticket ID. Everyone else, please provide your ticket IDs here to ensure we know you created a ticket. Otherwise, our system that's built to display tickets to us may decide not to display it to us and then you'll never receive a response.

please Ticket #524732 . i want to cancel my service and Discontinued it.

please refund my $7 credit.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @VirMach said: Everyone else, please provide your ticket IDs here to ensure we know you created a ticket. Otherwise, our system that's built to display tickets to us may decide not to display it to us and then you'll never receive a response.

Does that go for my simple rDNS ones too? ;):p

• ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2020

The 48th $10 deal is up~

Edit: 50th $10.00 is up.

Thanked by 1Ganonk

@brueggus said:

@JabJab said:

Do it !

I bought the $8.88 and ran out of available hostnames.
    I name my servers vps0-9 so I can only have ten active servers.

The $8.88 box is neither idle nor active - I have it powered off before I can find time to set it up.
    This way, they can't falsely claim "we know the traffic is port 25" and suspend my service.

edited December 2020

@yoursunny said:
    This way, they can't falsely claim "we know the traffic is port 25" and suspend my service.

:D

@yoursunny said:

I should have done that, too...

• @yoursunny said:

@brueggus said:

@JabJab said:

Do it !

The $8.88 box is neither idle nor active - I have it powered off before I can find time to set it up.

Start using HEX vps0, vps1... vps8, vps9, vpsA, vpsB... vpsF and get 6 more idlers without loosing backward compatibility.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2020

@mansoor said:
    Looks like the whole Colo Crossing IP Block is on an Email Blacklist. A very interesting read:
    https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL504947

I wish people would stop taking these organizations seriously when they label everyone guilty until proven innocent.

Spamhaus is inconsistent, it recently added 60+ individual IPs to a blacklist on our network because out of the tens of thousands of people, they alleged that these hosted malware. In their own words, these may have been just infected by malware on accident. Then, they do not share how they found it to be malware or any accompanying information outside of a few links which may or may not be dead.

Once a few IPs per /24 subnet are listed, the entire subnet is usually listed, and then if they feel like they see too much they'll arbitrarily put the entire /15 or whatever on the list with some vague message as they did here.

Their WORLD'S WORST SPAM SUPPORT ISPs (https://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/networks/) include Google, Microsoft, and Cloudflare.

They have some weird god complex and believe ISPs are going out of their way to support spammers when all they're doing is their due diligence.

There's been blacklistings that have something like "seems pretty clear this is a cybercriminal operation for " and then no evidence attached. And if the same IP gets listed again coincidentally they have some weird conspiracy that it's the same person and they've even asked for our customer's information before (obviously we refused.)

@Daniel15 said: Yeah most of their IPs are blacklisted. My VirMach VPSes are not in the blacklist range you linked to, but they are in this range: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL501054

Funniest part about this one is that we basically have no blacklistings open for spam right now. We're probably the unfriendliest host to spammers, and mass mailers alike. We took out the ability to purchase additional IPs, all of our servers measure mail packets, and so on.

Spamhaus isn't even really a spam list anymore they're trying to be everything else too. My home IP was on their list for some random thing that a neighboring IP did a year ago.

@randomq said:

Dustin will get right on that, just don't forget to bump this thread 3 times.

@dTQzBen8 said: Now it send me a reminder asking me paying $0.
    @VirMach Could you please check Ticket #189607, otherwise my service will be "suspended then terminated"(although it already keep pending)

Ughh...

I'd make a ticket with WHMCS to fix this but I know they won't -- let me see if we can do anything about this but just make sure you have a priority ticket, not non-priority, and first try switching payment method to store credit if possible, or maybe even Crypto.

@JabJab said:
    $10/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    384MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

I don't know why these keep happening there's no way our formula would do that, there's a * 2 there somewhere, those are supposed to be $5.

• @JabJab said: I am kinda tempted to buy that to see what there really is - I have a feeling this is a bait and real specs are better ;')

FWIW, my little 1c 256M 10G disk is exactly what the said it was.... Perfect for $3.50 a year.

@TomBG said:

@yoursunny said:

Start using HEX vps0, vps1... vps8, vps9, vpsA, vpsB... vpsF and get 6 more idlers without loosing backward compatibility.

Base36 was suggested before, but I don't like upper case letters, vpsa lacks separation, and vps-a is inconsistent with existing names.
    box0-9 is a possibility.

I don't have any idlers, but several servers are underutilized. I consider a server underutilized if less than 50% RAM is used for apps and there's still CPU quota. It's generally not good to pack a server over 80% RAM because this leaves no room for filesystem caching.
    Every year I tell myself that I need to fill up to 50% RAM on existing servers before ordering more, but I'm spending too much time looking for deals and trolling in the forums, when I should be coding and blogging.

• @VirMach said:

I don't know why these keep happening there's no way our formula would do that, there's a * 2 there somewhere, those are supposed to be $5.

@VirMach please my Ticket #524732 🙏

• 10$ strikes again!
    $10/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    384MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @VirMach Request release 2020MBRAM/2h/20GB/2020GB$2.00/year,End the flash sale perfectly in 2020。Let virmach become a legend

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@tunshi said:
    @VirMach Request release 2020MBRAM/2h/20GB/2020GB$2.00/year,End the flash sale perfectly in 2020。Let virmach become a legend

Not sure why you're asking for this since you probably won't get it :D

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said: Not sure why you're asking for this since you probably won't get it

Hey! He clearly specified 2h in specs so I am pretty sure if you run this for 2 hours he will eventually get it... before WHMCS exploded after someone posts this somewhere outside.

• @VirMach please unleash some deadpool deals :D