Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 90
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Not getting the chance to ask something else apart from all these IP shits/PayPal Dispute & Bla Bla ! Those who were NOT following the thread & asking for this/that now, can you please stay away for some moment, please ??

@hosthatch Have you considered Singapore Location in near future or anytime for expansion ??

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@K4Y5 said:
    @hosthatch just tagging to let you know that one of my orders got provisioned, but I did NOT receive any email about it (ofc, double checked Spam / junk, no joy).

I just happened to stumble across another server that came online when I logged in to the billing panel for something else.

Didn't want to open another ticket about it, so just putting it out here for when you check LET.

You just made everyone log in their account :joy:

• @thedp said:

@K4Y5 said:
    @hosthatch just tagging to let you know that one of my orders got provisioned, but I did NOT receive any email about it (ofc, double checked Spam / junk, no joy).

I just happened to stumble across another server that came online when I logged in to the billing panel for something else.

Didn't want to open another ticket about it, so just putting it out here for when you check LET.

You just made everyone log in their account :joy:

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2020

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

hosthatch Have you considered Singapore Location in near future or anytime for expansion ??

If I remember correctly, he did mentioned maybe Jan / March in this thread. (Looking for source hold on)

Source: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3159730/#Comment_3159730

Thanked by 2dosai azeem

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Not getting the chance to ask something else apart from all these IP shits/PayPal Dispute & Bla Bla ! Those who were NOT following the thread & asking for this/that now, can you please stay away for some moment, please ??

Btw, I don't really like your attitude in your comment. You are saying "those who were not following the thread please stay away", and yet you are the one that missed out that he mentioned about his updates on next location (Possibly Singapore)

@FAT32 said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

hosthatch Have you considered Singapore Location in near future or anytime for expansion ??

If I remember correctly, he did mentioned maybe Jan / March in this thread. (Looking for source hold on)

Oh, it's like searching for a pin in this 54 page long thread ! :neutral: Eagerly, waiting for SG Location as it's the near most location from Bangladesh.

• I have received the refund from paypal. to me the problem is over. There are many vendors out there who are more comfortable with the best support without having to wait.
    It's not that you promote, you force others to wait for you
    it is a giving
    Promotion is how your business stimulates consumption. core issue in business.
    And maybe your company looks down on users from Asia when listing us on fraud review

• @FAT32 said:

This is a great use case for implementing per-thread searching. ;)

@the_doctor said:

You can just type in singapore site:https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/168301/ in Google

• @the_doctor said:

@FAT32 said:

Just click on hosthatch's profile and use CTRL+F and you'll be fine. Works perfectly.

@FAT32 said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Btw, I don't really like your attitude in your comment. You are saying "those who were not following the thread please stay away", and yet you are the one that missed out that he mentioned about his updates on next location (Possibly Singapore)

No, not like that. Pardon me if I couldn't express it correctly. I just only tried to say, whatever was allotted to a specific offer/flash sale, everyone should expect that, nothing more, nothing less. Yes, if the provider is generous, provides something extra that is an exceptional case. But, some people are complaining about nothing, this is a waste of time. We should talk funny, talk serious & talk innovative.

Thanked by 2FAT32 randomq
  • I am late for the mega deal. Sad, but will wait to see if I can catch the next coming one.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @tetech said:
    Thus you pay a bit more attention to what is going on - if you deploy one VPS and there's abuse, you don't deploy the other 15 the guy ordered and save yourself a whole lot of clean-up. The bad guys are after ROI too, so tying up their money for a week is intended to do a bit of filtering also.

Exactly this. There are no excuses, you can't pull out language barrier, didn't read the original post, its not my fault, etc.

It's clear as day - the server will be provisioned within 7 working days. If you are unsure of what working days are, do a quick check on Google and you will find the answer right at the very top - Working Days means Mondays through Fridays.

I myself use a lot of German providers and I don't speak a word of German. If I need to check something written in German, I will use Google translate, although not perfect it does get the job done.

If I was @hosthatch I would go through the tickets and anyone who asked about provisioning time of the server, etc, obviously didn't read the OP, which will probably mean they haven't even read the TOS. I would just protect my business and refund everyone of them. It would save the hassle in the long run.

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • @bigmaker said:
    I have received the refund from paypal. to me the problem is over. There are many vendors out there who are more comfortable with the best support without having to wait.
    it is a giving
    And maybe your company looks down on users from Asia when listing us on fraud review

Another who invoke racism
    That's very stupid statement
    @hosthatch only asked for what you bloody ise the vps is for.
    Actual fraud check require legal ID.
    I am asian and i have no problem when buyvm asked for my id for a email change.
    I provided more than enough verifications and changes was done immediately.
    @hosthatch only asked a simple question, which is within the company rights to do so. And you are offended and blame this on race?
    You are the one who look down on your race. Please, its 2020, asian are making things doing great, please refrain from thinking with self pity anymore and seriously look at the actual problem. Have some self respect, you entitled at least that.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2020

@LeonDynamic said:

@tetech said:
    Thus you pay a bit more attention to what is going on - if you deploy one VPS and there's abuse, you don't deploy the other 15 the guy ordered and save yourself a whole lot of clean-up. The bad guys are after ROI too, so tying up their money for a week is intended to do a bit of filtering also.

Exactly this. There are no excuses, you can't pull out language barrier, didn't read the original post, its not my fault, etc.

Claiming
    Differential treatment towards persons from different continent or country is another sorry excuse.

or “I come from poor country and server is with 10 percent of what I make every month “ is another recurring theme.

However, claiming Misery is a poor masquerade for silliness.

Also,
    I concur with post from @forces above about ID. This BF,
    One of the providers asked me for an ID proof. I sent it, and in less than ten minutes, server was provisioned.
    Same thing last year with a different service (not hosting related).
    Unless the host is a dick, and I have experienced those types as well- today I believe reasonable additional requirements should be okay.

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited December 2020

@aRNoLD said:
    I am late for the mega deal. Sad, but will wait to see if I can catch the next coming one.

HH doesn't seem to have a lot of sales, if you look at their post history the last couple years, it's just black friday ones and then one to celebrate their 8th anniversary.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/discussions/hosthatch

Thanked by 2aRNoLD Chronic
  • I'm sorry if this has been answered already, I couldn't find it.

So the NVMe offers from the first post won't have any IPs? In that case, how much it costs to add an IPv4 address?

• @K4Y5 said:

Also had that issue with my emails not receiving any updates at all (even ticket answers).

Replacing the email with a different one made it work again for me. Thought I just fucked something up with my previous one. (selfhosted emails)

@Rizel said:
    I'm sorry if this has been answered already, I couldn't find it.

So the NVMe offers from the first post won't have any IPs? In that case, how much it costs to add an IPv4 address?

Of course they'll come with an IP :) 1 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6 IIRC.

• @thedp said: Of course they'll come with an IP 1 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6 IIRC.

Thank you! I got confused by default's comment on page 53.

@Rizel said:

@thedp said: Of course they'll come with an IP 1 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6 IIRC.

Don't mark my words though :)

HostHatch should confirm this.

• @thedp said:

@Rizel said:

It's common sense for goodness sake. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing any benchmarks already. ;-p

• RizelRizel Member
    edited December 2020

@the_doctor said:

@thedp said:

@Rizel said:

It's common sense for goodness sake. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing any benchmarks already. ;-p

Yes, that what I tought. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks! (But if it doesn't fit with the thread, I can also post my order ID and ask why it's not provisioned yet ;) )

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @the_doctor said:

@aRNoLD said:
    I am late for the mega deal. Sad, but will wait to see if I can catch the next coming one.

HH doesn't seem to have a lot of sales, if you look at their post history the last couple years, it's just black friday ones and then one to celebrate their 8th anniversary.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/discussions/hosthatch

So, one small step late for me, a giant leap of 300 days lag for my history.

• @forces said:

@TimboJones said:

@aibook said:
    Today is the seventh day. I have been waiting for a week. Why is the purchased vps still not activated?

We require up to 7 working days to provision these so please be patient.

This is the problem with China, making you guys work too hard. In North America, we operate on 5 working days in a week. I'm sure its fucked even more in France or Spain where they only work 2-3 days a week (joke!).

Please, i believe @hosthatch is working 7 days now. Even when he is not working, he is thinking about work.
    You do not have to invoke country bias. There are people truly love to work, as many providers are doing work 7 days.
    Hell, i have a service with a denmark provider, my ticket are always replied within hours, 7 days a week.
    Oracle called me on Sunday, while alibaba cloud called me only on office hours.

You misunderstand. "Working days" means "business days", as in Monday-Friday, not Saturday or Sunday. Hosthatch also has a support person 24/7 to answer tickets. So regardless if @hosthatch works 7 days in the week for the thrills, that doesn't change the original expectation of it being 7 working (business) days for this specific promotion.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited December 2020

On a side note, is Saturday a business day in English-speaking countries?

I was taught that Saturday is one, but that might be a German thing.

That said, have some chill guys. The deals were crazy. Let @hosthatch have some time to deal with the abusers. Better for us in the long term if abusers arent on the network.

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited December 2020

@MagicalTrain said:
    On a side note, is Saturday a business day in English-speaking countries?

I was taught that Saturday is one, but that might be a German thing.

That said, have some chill guys. The deals were crazy. Let @hosthatch have some time to deal with the abusers. Better for us in the long term if abusers arent on the network.

Saturday and Sunday are days of rest for most office workers in the majority of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workweek_and_weekend

• my BF order ticket changed colour to orange & it's status to "on hold" (after 7 calendar days) - so it probably has for other people too today whose order is in process.

• @bigmaker said:
    I have received the refund from paypal. to me the problem is over. There are many vendors out there who are more comfortable with the best support without having to wait.
    it is a giving

Come on.... I was flagged for manual flag review with racknerd couple days ago. I have never had anyone flag me for fraud and manual review so far. (That I can recall). Worked with them and got it fixed.

So it just happens. No need to become sour grapes. Work with provider and get things done, else move on without complaining.

It's their way of business and a free world. Tou dont like it, don't make a scene, just find a new provider