Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 39
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @PhantomPain said:

@Snacho said:

@default said: it's Cyber Monday. Any flash deals planned for today?

There may be something.

@hosthatch said: We might do one last go on Monday evening, but this isn't a promise. If we do decide to do it - I will let you guys know in advance so you can get your F5s and memes ready.

Give a chance for people from the other side of the earth

• @hosthatch said: Existing customers from the past two years' Black Friday deals can upgrade to these plans. Just send in a ticket. We love you.

And I want to know: is there possible to reduce the price? Because my storage plan was 48$(Black Friday 2018) and for now is $40(specification is the same).

• @azeem said:
    Is it advisable to install and run NextCloud for personal use on the Flash Deal LON 1Gb RAM instance? I know technically it can run, but since this is primarily a storage server, I just want to ask if this is a typical usage scenario with your servers and if I am breaching any terms of use? @hosthatch
    Does anyone else have experience of running NC on HostHatch storage servers?

I have NC with storage server

root@nextcloud-web:/home/nc# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 1.10369 s, 973 MB/s
    root@nextcloud-web:/home/nc# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 1.11364 s, 964 MB/s
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 1.21051 s, 887 MB/s

free -m
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:            734         215          48          22         470         362
    Swap:          1025         404         621

Thanked by 2azeem the_doctor
  • @icepic said:

@hosthatch said: Existing customers from the past two years' Black Friday deals can upgrade to these plans. Just send in a ticket. We love you.

And I want to know: is there possible to reduce the price? Because my storage plan was 48$(Black Friday 2018) and for now is $40(specification is the same).

Nope, you need to order new service.

• @icepic said:

@hosthatch said: Existing customers from the past two years' Black Friday deals can upgrade to these plans. Just send in a ticket. We love you.

Unlikely, providers usually don't downgrade.

• @icepic said:

Yeah! and i want free beer too xD

• @JohnFilch123 said:

@icepic said:

Unlikely, providers usually don't downgrade.

This (no downgrades) was confirmed some pages back.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@icepic said:

No. And I believe someone asked this earlier - this applies only for Storage VMs. Not NVMe plans. If you would like to change from your earlier NVMe plan to a new one - please order a new VM.

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to calculate NVMe capacity otherwise due to the sheer volume involved and we would very much like to meet our ETAs.

All plans will be out of stock today at 09:30 EST / 15:30 CET. After this timestamp, any orders via tickets will not be honored. This is about one hour from now. We will do one last sale at 17.00 EST / 23:00 CET today.

Those deals will be ordered through direct orders URLs only. Some of them got sold out within 20 seconds last time, so please keep an eye out. We will try to be exactly on time to post them.

They will have -very- limited stock. If you "accidentally" add credit to make a ticket order after 15:30 CET because you did not see this in time, then you can use that credit on any other service with us, but it will not be refundable. This is also mentioned in the first (original) post.

• @hosthatch I've only request from you, please do a storage deal in flash sale, something similar or close to 10tb plan. Thanks

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@hosthatch I have some older machines with you (also $15/yr), can you upgrade those to BF2020 specs (2GB RAM/20GB disk) or should I buy new ones now and let those expire?

• icepicicepic Member
    edited November 2020

@hosthatch said: this applies only for Storage VMs.

@hosthatch said: 1x 2.4+ GHz
    1 GB RAM
    1 TB usable storage
    3 TB bandwidth
    $40 per year
    Additional 10% discount if you order them in at least two (or more) locations.

Thank you for your reply.
    Let me clarify, I am really talking about storage plans.
    So is there possible to reduce the price to match the same specification(Black Friday 2020 Storage deals)?

• tetechtetech Member
    edited November 2020

@icepic said:
    Thank you for your reply.
    Let me clarify, I am really talking about storage plans.
    So is there possible to reduce the price to match the same specification(Black Friday 2020 Storage deals)?

@hosthatch said:

@icepic said:

No.

What needs clarification?

The message is clear - if you want the lower price, buy the new plan and cancel the old one.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited November 2020

@hosthatch said:
    All plans will be out of stock today at 09:30 EST / 15:30 CET. After this timestamp, any orders via tickets will not be honored. This is about one hour from now. We will do one last sale at 17.00 EST / 23:00 CET today.

Those deals will be ordered through direct orders URLs only. Some of them got sold out within 20 seconds last time, so please keep an eye out. We will try to be exactly on time to post them.

They will have -very- limited stock. If you "accidentally" add credit to make a ticket order after 15:30 CET because you did not see this in time, then you can use that credit on any other service with us, but it will not be refundable. This is also mentioned in the first (original) post.

I deposited $ for 4x products on Saturday. Some credits are missing after the deposit. The customer support only opened 2x services pending orders. I hope this credit missing issue can be fixed soon so it doesn’t affect my purchases.

Thanks

• @samm said:
    @hosthatch I've only request from you, please do a storage deal in flash sale, something similar or close to 10tb plan. Thanks

No.

• @hosthatch said:

Thank you sir. It is my first time buying from HostHatch.

Ticket created #963525. Managed to grab one with only 10 mins left. :p

edited November 2020

@kyaky said:

@hosthatch said:

I deposited $ for 4x products on Saturday. Some credits are missing after the deposit. The customer support only deduct $ for two. I hope this credit missing issue can be fixed soon so it doesn’t affect my purchase.

Thanks

Yes - so as long as you did everything according to the rules of the promotion (which you did) - and the math adds up - we are responsible for fulfilling it.

There's a few customers with missing credits - but as long as you paid in time and before the promos expired, you did your part, so you can be worry free :)

Thanked by 2Snacho kyaky
  • @hosthatch said:

@icepic said:

No. And I believe someone asked this earlier - this applies only for Storage VMs. Not NVMe plans. If you would like to change from your earlier NVMe plan to a new one - please order a new VM.

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to calculate NVMe capacity otherwise due to the sheer volume involved and we would very much like to meet our ETAs.

@hosthatch Please do not confuse customer with ping-pong statement. Please check your statement at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3160594#Comment_3160636 where you clearly said "Yes you can upgrade, just open a ticket" to my question "If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one" And I have created ticket for this #503335. Now should I close that ticket and ask for new VPS or not.

• nwebmedianwebmedia Member
    edited November 2020

Does someone have a good storage vps deal for about 10$ in europe?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2020

@hosthatch said: No. And I believe someone asked this earlier - this applies only for Storage VMs. Not NVMe plans. If you would like to change from your earlier NVMe plan to a new one - please order a new VM.

@hosthatch said: @davi said:
    If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order new and cancel old one
    Yes you can upgrade, just open a ticket

I'm confused, I asked for a NVMe upgrade on one server on Friday. Will it get upgraded or do I need to order new?

EDIT: Upgrade ticket opened on Saturday not Friday

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • I deposited some funds to order 8G vps in sydney

Hope not too late for party :D

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @hosthatch said:
    We will do one last sale at 17.00 EST / 23:00 CET today.

Abdullah,
    Can you make it earlier than this ? like 2 hours earlier would be appreciated so we can catch it.

• Oh is it too late now to order one of those $15 or $30 NVMe VPS deals?
    I didn't realise there was a cut off time so early.

edited November 2020

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@icepic said:

@hosthatch Please do not confuse customer with ping-pong statement. Please check your statement at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3160594#Comment_3160636 where you clearly said "Yes you can upgrade, just open a ticket" to my question "If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one" And I have created ticket for this #503335. Now should I close that ticket and ask for new VPS or not.

Sorry, that is my bad. You're right.

We will honor the upgrades that were requested before 15:30 CET today. Any requested upgrades after that - no.

The deals have expired now.

Please wait for 23:00 CET today. We will have some deals up for about 60 minutes - and than that will be all from us for this sales season.

• @hosthatch said: All plans will be out of stock today at 09:30 EST / 15:30 CET. After this timestamp, any orders via tickets will not be honored. This is about one hour from now. We will do one last sale at 17.00 EST / 23:00 CET today.

Saw this just 4 mins back. Tried to be fast but couldn't add funds in time. Oh well.. Better luck for me next time. Wish @hosthatch had provided this notice a little more in advance.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @hosthatch said:

I still have a ticket open for a request of the 8GB RAM for 30 dollars this is also still sold or ? Because the ticket is open and my account has a 30 dollar balance.

• @PandoGulf said:

@hosthatch said:
    We will do one last sale at 17.00 EST / 23:00 CET today.

Abdullah,
    Can you make it earlier than this ? like 2 hours earlier would be appreciated so we can catch it.

Don't worry, we will catch it on your behalf :smiley:

Thanked by 2plumberg Ouji
  • @FrankZ said:

@hosthatch said: No. And I believe someone asked this earlier - this applies only for Storage VMs. Not NVMe plans. If you would like to change from your earlier NVMe plan to a new one - please order a new VM.

@hosthatch said: @davi said:
    If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order new and cancel old one
    Yes you can upgrade, just open a ticket

I'm confused, I asked for a NVMe upgrade on one server on Friday. Will it get upgraded or do I need to order new?

This kind of confusion always create more work for support so now I have created another ticket for new VPS #180488

@davi said:

This kind of confusion always create more work for support so now I have created another ticket for new VPS #180488

Yes, my bad, sorry again - support will take care of it, or you can PM me later to take care of it for you if there's any confusion. You won't have to pay any extra money because I made a information mistake.

Thanked by 2davi underd0g

@CjayVPS said:

I still have a ticket open for a request of the 8GB RAM for 30 dollars this is also still sold or ? Because the ticket is open and my account has a 30 dollar balance.

If the credit was added and the ticket was opened before 15:30 CET today - then yes, it will be provisioned.

Thanked by 1b0x