Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

I‘d love to see some super small NVMe flash deals.
    Like 5-10$ a year

• @yolo_me said:
    How do we put in the funds in the account? I'd like to order one of the 3TB storage 84$/year.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited November 2020

@yolo_me said:
    How do we put in the funds in the account? I'd like to order one of the 3TB storage 84$/year.

Create an account/login at https://manage.hosthatch.com/login , then go to "billing tab" and there's a "deposit funds" button.

@Abdullah - to obtain 10% discounts for multiple services/existing customers etc, it may be a little tricky to get amounts right - is it best to pay "full amount" of funds first and then have your staff correct afterwards?

• @Abdullah said: but I can probably provide a text file with all the needed info in a few hours.

That would be great, I'd like to know about the following locations too: London, Madrid and Milan

• Storage VMs are RAID 10 or ZFS or nothing?

• @yolo_me said:

• Great deals! ordered the 3 CPU core deal! Maybe more during the weekend! Thanks @Abdullah for the monster deals! :)

Which location did y’all get?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@goinsj2010 said:
    Any information about the CPUs? (specifically wondering about NVMe LA)

@sonic said: any AMD Ryzen or EPYC cpu in those deals

We run E5-2690 V2s everywhere. I wrote a huge rant the other day about Gold/EPYC CPUs in the cest pit. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/149354/the-cest-pit if you are interested.

When it comes to consistent CPU performance down the line in 3-6-9-12 months - you will find that our VMs perform much better than most of the LET providers using newer-gen stuff. You can run a geekbench today, and 6 months later. It will likely be the same on your VM with us....but likely not on your VM with the Gold/EPYC CPU. We achieve this by largely underselling our nodes, because we can afford to.

The economics works this way: newer-gen is more expensive. Yes, you will sign up with a provider, and see a cool benchmark today. But what happens when the node is 100% filled. Does your benchmark look the same in 6 months from now? Most people only really run those benches after signing up and forget about it. However, to make the same amount of money - you need to oversell those CPUs far more. There is no magic way around this (other than bigger providers having too much money to spend and taking a loss). Sure, it is cool to run the latest and greatest threadripper, but economics are economics so all you are doing by getting those CPUs is flex. In my opinion anyway.

When the time comes, we will likely move to EPYC/Skylake. All we have to do is move over the OS and NVMe drives to new builds - and done. Less than 15 minutes of downtime. We are already deploying EPYC/Skylake in some of our newer locations because we ordered some for our 40G test builds. But again - at the end, the geekbench/actual performance you will see is likely going to be similar when you take an average of 6-12 months of usage.

(sorry for the rant)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Abdullah said: Looking glasses are at hosthatch.com/features

Madrid and Milan are missing for that list.

I just want to know the network, is it M247 as I suspect?

Thanked by 2hosthatch vimalware
  • @v3ng said:
    Which location did y’all get?

Stockholm

@Broscience said:
    Storage VMs are RAID 10 or ZFS or nothing?

@Abdullah said: Let’s start with the storage VMs. They are based on RAID-50/60 with SSD caching.

Please see the original post.

• open ticket to order,and you need deposit first.

• @Broscience said:
    Storage VMs are RAID 10 or ZFS or nothing?

RAID-50/60 with SSD caching

@Abdullah please give us a dirt cheap flash sale.

• @kalimov622 said:

@yolo_me said:

Thanks!

• @Abdullah do you allow if I use it as seedbox for private tracker? Do you also suggest using a server outside USA to be away from uncle sam's reach?

Thanked by 1Broscience
  • corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited November 2020

Edit- Fixed.

@Nyr said:

@Abdullah said: Looking glasses are at hosthatch.com/features

M247 as I suspect?

Yes, most of the new locations are I believe. We usually add a second (backup) transit once we grow in each location a little bit.

I know they get a lot of hate for having 700 strange VPN companies on their network - but we have nothing but positive experience for many years. We also use different routes in several locations as compared to their "problematic" customers and disable some of the lower quality stuff.

And we can change any routes you want changed that you might not be able to get them to do directly. I know you know your network stuff so please feel free to reach out if I can make anything better for you network-wise.

Thanked by 3RedSox Nyr pbx
  • tholethole Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said: 2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)

8 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $30 per year

1TB is for both in+out traffic right?

@Abdullah said: If you decide to get at least one NVMe VM in each of our locations, you will get 30% off your order.

So I need to deposite 21$ right?

If there is a bandwidth limit, it means that you are not allowed to use more bandwidth than the limit in one month. Your server will be stopped if you reach your bandwidth limit...

https://hosthatch.com/terms-of-service

If i use more than 1TB, can i still access my server or it's stopped until next month?

• Placed an order, ticket #384929

thanks

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @Abdullah said: If you decide to get at least one NVMe VM in each of our locations, you will get 30% off your order.

How many locations? 15?

• @thole said:

@Abdullah said: 2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)

8 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $30 per year

@Abdullah said: If you decide to get at least one NVMe VM in each of our locations, you will get 30% off your order.

So I need to deposite 21$ right?

No. You'd have to deposit 15 * $21, since HostHatch has, if we'd include the pre-order locations, 15 locations.

• @Abdullah does Chicago still have free 40gbit ddos protection?

• @benj0x said: No. You'd have to deposit 15 * $21, since HostHatch has, if we'd include the pre-order locations, 15 locations.

>

haha i will pass if that's the case :))

• chitypochitypo Member
    edited November 2020

thank you for the deal

• @Abdullah any deal or flash deal on storage below 1TB (250-500GB) ?

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • CrabCrab Member
    edited November 2020

These are superb offers! I was looking at the other thread and missed the new thread:( Hopefully I didn't miss these awesome deals completely.

Funds deposited and tickets created!

• BroscienceBroscience Member
    edited November 2020

@yolo_me said:
    @Abdullah do you allow if I use it as seedbox for private tracker? Do you also suggest using a server outside USA to be away from uncle sam's reach?

Double the question

Thanked by 1giang
  • @Abdullah, can you please expound on your policy or fine print regarding CPU usage, especially since the 3-CPU core plan is labeled as 100% dedicated and burstable up to 300% (e.g. is it truly dedicated cores, how long can we burst, do you throttle CPU or just outright stop servers when we exceed allowances, etc.).

Thanked by 1Chronic