Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a VDS? Why only $0.79/mth?! - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is a VDS? Why only $0.79/mth?!

Comments

• @HostVDS_com said: Thank you very much for your review. Now we understand that it is not good idea take money first, so we are working on adding free trial for test our service.

>

I emailed you asking basically the same question. No response in a week. I mean, at the price you are offering I do not expect immediate assistance. In fact, I expect pretty much nothing "above-and-beyond". But 1 week to answer a support email (pre-sales inquiry to be more specific) seems reasonable amount of time.

Lucky for you, you have a very pleased customer that convinced me to buy the $0.79 service to try it out.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • edited July 2020

I have that strange feeling that in about 6 months - there will be a shitload of people coming here to complain that their VPS or VDS or whatever the F its called is down and nobody is replying..

I just hope that people are smart enough not to use this in any production environment.. although im sure there are plenty that do.

Oh. And always do backups. Preferably to something worth more than $1

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2020

@t0ny0 said:
    I have that strange feeling that in about 6 months - there will be a shitload of people coming here to complain that their VPS or VDS or whatever the F its called is down and nobody is replying..

I just hope that people are smart enough not to use this in any production environment.. although im sure there are plenty that do.

Hahaha. I have the same feeling like you.

Lets predict their furfure reply on your comment.

They will reply "Don't worry we have this, we have that, we own DC, We own ISP, We own everything, We are big"

Hope this time someone (the provider) will get success even with this insane pricing.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2020

@ViridWeb said:

@t0ny0 said:

Hahaha. I have the same feeling like you.

Lets predict their furfure reply on your comment.

They will reply "Don't worry we have this, we have that, we own DC, We own ISP, We own everything, We are big"

Hope this time someone (the provider) will get success even with this insane pricing.

Guys, stop being so negative. Enough PMS already. All this future was already predicted by @deank more than a week ago. Be positive, enjoy the offer, and try to come up with something new which actually helps against idling; but whatever you comment, do try to start a drama where there is no drama. So far I can only see happy customers and a happy provider.

Thanked by 2rafin103 HostVDS_com
  • uni9uni9 Member

No downtimes here. Very stable and clear... Thank you again hostvds!!!

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • When I'm with ruvds, it's been fine, and great for 3 months, on the 6th months it's totally useless.

Let's wait for another users to report after 6 months

• Y> @uni9 said:

No downtimes here. Very stable and clear... Thank you again hostvds!!!

Yes now is stable. Hope long time.

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    When I'm with ruvds, it's been fine, and great for 3 months, on the 6th months it's totally useless.

Let's wait for another users to report after 6 months

What happened with ruvds?

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • edited July 2020

Waiting for 1-2 minutes for ssh to show, waiting for 1 minutes for typing on shell.

Reinstalled the vm with another OS, wait for 1 hours, still the same. Reinstalled with another image, wait for 1 day, still the same.

So, I destroy the vm, leave the remaining balance, and say farewell

• Please note, it's with ruvds, not hostvds. I'm waiting for reports after 6 months
    Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • TionTion Member

The tale goes on. The faulty instance was deleted without my intervention and now the money is gone. Asking for a refund to which they replied after a day that it was done and I should check my account.
    Big fat nothing which I told them. They replied a few minutes later that now everything was okay. Still nothing. I replied again describing the problem, that I want my money back and which account we are talking about and the answer was they will reply soon.

Reply soon meaning the are done for the day talking to me.
    So yeah full blown summer host. Enjoy while it lasts.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • @HostVDS_com could you please reply to the PM I sent?
    @Tion that isn't nice to hear. I hope they replied again though.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • TionTion Member

@kwaralala said:
    @HostVDS_com could you please reply to the PM I sent?

They did after I contacted them again today. They will refund me soon™. I replied to the email conversation from yesterday and the response I got suggested they treated it like a complete new case. At this point I will just say goodbye to my dollar and leave these jokers.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • @Tion said:

@kwaralala said:
    @HostVDS_com could you please reply to the PM I sent?

They did after I contacted them again today. They will refund me soon™. I replied to the email conversation from yesterday and the response I got suggested they treated it like a complete new case. At this point I will just say goodbye to my dollar and leave these jokers.

You got refund?

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • TionTion Member

@youandri said:
    You got refund?

Yes + 10% in extra credits.

Thanked by 2youandri HostVDS_com
  • @Tion said:

@youandri said:
    You got refund?

Yes + 10% in extra credits.

What their refund policy?

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • cant create new instance + their port speed is said to be 200Mbps but i get arount 60-90 and their support is trash emailed them like 2days ago still no reply

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • Its over nothing is working even my vps is down no reply from their end. Don't buy

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • Fortunately mine is still working. Hope it stays that way.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • @yep_george said:
    Fortunately mine is still working. Hope it stays that way.

Mine is down for More than 3days and support is taking forever to reply. Don't buy for professional use

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • Spoke too soon. Mine went kaput!

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • @yep_george said:
    Spoke too soon. Mine went kaput!

You’re server down?

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • @youandri Yes :(

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2020

Provider demolished?

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • HostVDS_comHostVDS_com Member, Patron Provider

Hi guys! We have some problem with our network, we are rebuilding it now, so I hope tomorrow creation of new VMs will works again. Old VMs must work now without problem. As I said before we are in test mode aka beta :).

• @HostVDS_com said:
    Hi guys! We have some problem with our network, we are rebuilding it now, so I hope tomorrow creation of new VMs will works again. Old VMs must work now without problem. As I said before we are in test mode aka beta :).

Cool. Good luck. :)

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@HostVDS_com - maybe it's better to simply notify community preciesely at the moment new VDS can be created. This will make it easier for consumers as creation will not fail, and easier for you because they will not ask for support and refund of failures.

• @HostVDS_com
    Your network is down.

Thanked by 2uni9 HostVDS_com
  • uni9uni9 Member

Same here! Down 3 VPSs..

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • Going on about 3 1/2 days. Support simply says "issues and we'll notify you when it's fixed."

If this is beta, that's great in all but you either don't charge or you compensate your customers. It's negligent to take money, render an invalid service, and then not compensate for the time that your service has been down.

It's dirt cheap, yes, but I expect better level of at least communication than what has been (or lack of) provided.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • Yes, it's been down for 13 hours now. :(

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • At least I know it ain't just me. Was doing Hestia trials on it, so frustrating but not disastrous.
    Losing millions here! :p

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com