Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 391
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• imokimok Member

This band not only has good musicians, it has good sound engineers too. They even say thanks to them at the end of the song.

Thanked by 1randomq
  • imokimok Member

I should leave my job.

Thanked by 1randomq
  • imokimok Member

This girl has some really sad songs. This is one of I like the most.

That piano.

Thanked by 1randomq
  • imokimok Member

Guacamole! Tacos!

Thanked by 1randomq
  • This have been a great story. Let say it had make a page in the history book of LET. This is gonna be my last post in this thread unless dare provide that surprise.

I keep a mixed feeling about this story. Virmach is still a great budget provider. I have some really nice deal that serve me very nicely. But I think that at some point the expectation killed some part of me. So much expectation for deal that will probably be bad when put on the side of my other deal.

I think I will stop to promote and defense Virmach in thread from the from page, at least for a will.

At the end, does I really need that surprise ? Probably not, but still, I think at some point I still expected something with dedicated resource ( like SSD16 or SSD32). Well, I'm a foul.

But be sure @VirMach , i will remind you of that said surprise on all your future offer thread, until we get it. But I still love you.

I will end this with a nice Bus :

• imokimok Member

Is it a fish bus?

Thanked by 1randomq
  • imokimok Member

VirMach is a top provider. I don't know how they maintain that prices, but I appreciate the efforts they do.

Yeah that promise... it does not matter.

235 pages? We made a club.

Have a nice day guys. See you in the next thread, in any forum.

Hasta luego.

• Goodbye everyone! Class of BF2018 forever! We'll always h

Thanked by 3FAT32 scorcher9 FrankZ
  • RecDRecD Member

When will this thread be closed....
    Let me see who will get the prize of last comment.

• EdmondEdmond Member

Since this thread might be going (and I’ll miss it dearly)... VirMach is awesome, their prices and service makes it all worthwhile to have the privilege to be able to host on their equipment. I enjoy using their host, I really do.

It’s page 235 on a ~2.5 year old thread, with no end in sight, so it’s gotta get cut somewhere. If anything, the entertainment was worth it. Am a bit still disappointed I walked away empty handed (unless you count double disappointment as the prize).

See you guys soon, everyone. Maybe we can recreate this on another thread on another forum, and we might get the ending with the prize then.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@oriend said: VirMach abandoned us.

Still lurking.

@ben47955 said: With all unanswered ticket for days out there is a bit worrying ...

A lot of these did get tossed to the side for specials since they're limited support. All the priority tickets still go at top of the queue and all important cases should be priority per the rules (it brings up a modal explaining it.)

@randomq said: Says you and your Fremen eyes. Really @VirMach is rolling in the piles of cash he made selling $2/yr VMs. Or maybe smoking fat blunts rolled in overdue co-location and equipment lease bills...

I've been sober far too long.

This thread has almost got a lot of replies from me, but I've eventually refrained. Everything's honestly looking really great and we have enough space for thousands of specials as well, which we almost did, but had to reconsider. Everything was lined up for a halfway to black friday sale. We ended up not doing it because we do not have the time to deal with the tickets at this time. We are catching up to pretty much all the tickets by today and the volume isn't increasing at an unmanageable level anymore.

We just had an influx of support requests for a few different reasons which are improved now.

@JabJab said:
    @VirMach you really need to proceed with those disappointing surprise, @imok seems to be very 'tilted'. :sunglasses:

I swear like... 5 people did get it so far. It's just really time consuming.

@ben47955 said: Look like Virmach missed both this thread and the love thread

Definitely didn't miss that one.

@FAT32 said:
    When VirMach say "soon", it means either 1 minute or 1 year.

Time flies when all of it is just a blur of being stuck working from home due to a virus while the rest of the world is on fire and you forget when you last slept as you actively work on ten different projects and each of them open a can of worms except its not worms just an endless human centipede.

@seriesn said:

@FAT32 said:
    Here's the cover for the thread:

Source: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/friendship-ended-with-mudasir

😂😂😂😂

https://i.imgur.com/AXWadcw.jpg

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited June 2020

@VirMach said:
    Time flies when all of it is just a blur of being stuck working from home due to a virus while the rest of the world is on fire and you forget when you last slept as you actively work on ten different projects and each of them open a can of worms except its not worms just an endless human centipede.

https://i.imgur.com/AXWadcw.jpg

I know your feeling, been very busy lately but LET is a great place to recharge myself. Stay safe and wish you all the best in your projects :)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach lol that was creepy, but I know the feeling.

So... why are the prizes so labor intensive?

And how's EU coming?

And are we still shutting down the thread?

• EHRAEHRA Member

@randomq said: And are we still shutting down the thread?

I would also like to know.

• EHRAEHRA Member

@VirMach said: Everything's honestly looking really great and we have enough space for thousands of specials as well, which we almost did, but had to reconsider. Everything was lined up for a halfway to black friday sale. We ended up not doing it because we do not have the time to deal with the tickets at this time.

I have a foolproof plan: make an exclusive special for visitors to that topic. We are already more than experienced in Virmach VPS and we will not open support tickets.

edited June 2020

@EHRA said:

@VirMach said: Everything's honestly looking really great and we have enough space for thousands of specials as well, which we almost did, but had to reconsider. Everything was lined up for a halfway to black friday sale. We ended up not doing it because we do not have the time to deal with the tickets at this time.

I have a foolproof plan: make an exclusive special for visitors to that topic. We are already more than experienced in Virmach VPS and we will not open support tickets.

I was going to do something like that, but there would be a lot of rules that we couldn't really enforce. Other people would end up ordering, and we'd still have to basically make it to where you can't cancel/use it to replace other services because it would be a really good deal. And... I felt like some people would be upset/feel like they didn't get a good deal because this one was going to be really good.

It was going to be 512MB RAM / 20GB SSD / 1 Core, credit card only, no support for $5/yr.

And mainly because we've been so busy we haven't done any sales to fill a bunch of servers. We have about 200TB of free space in just Buffalo.

@randomq said: @VirMach lol that was creepy, but I know the feeling.

So... why are the prizes so labor intensive?

And how's EU coming?

And are we still shutting down the thread?

I had something written out but I guess forgot to hit send?

The prizes are labor intensive because they're all unique (so far) since I hate myself and want to create endless work. EU is just Amsterdam through ColoCrossing/Equinix right now. We ended up having multiple servers in Amsterdam/Frankfurt essentially begin failing hardware-wise and Serverhub has not been very cooperative in doing the bare minimum in maintenance, therefore we had to emergency migrate them over to Amsterdam and therefore we sold out there quicker than anticipated. Not enough left for a sale. We could order more with ColoCrossing but we have our share of problems there as well when it comes to provisioning & networking.

We also had ColoCrossing cancel Frankfurt on us after pretending to make progress there, so that's up in the air right now. Phoenix seems like it's headed the same way.

Thanked by 1user123
  • EHRAEHRA Member

@VirMach said: It was going to be 512MB RAM / 20GB SSD / 1 Core, credit card only, no support for $5/yr.

Yes, a very good deal. I would love to see something more daring. Ex: 2vcore | 2GB ram | 40gb SSD | 2 TB of traffic for 12 dollars ... that would be crazy and really cool ... hahaha

But I understand that promotional sales, regardless of specifications, result in many new tickets. Perhaps it is interesting to prepare better, as this year has been difficult for everyone (COVID-19, etc.). Accumulating support tickets would only generate more complaints and dissatisfaction from your customers, and that is not good for either side.

@VirMach said: We have about 200TB of free space in just Buffalo.

Wow, this is a lot of space.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • RecDRecD Member

The man comes back!

Thanked by 1toumi111
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2020

Thanked by 2scorcher9 randomq
  • CrabCrab Member

@VirMach said: We have about 200TB of free space in just Buffalo.

Sounds like its time to fill it up! B)

@EHRA said: Yes, a very good deal. I would love to see something more daring. Ex: 2vcore | 2GB ram | 40gb SSD | 2 TB of traffic for 12 dollars ... that would be crazy and really cool ... hahaha

Possible. With these crazy deals I'm always just a tad bit worried about overselling of CPU. It ends up being fine in theory due to the nature of virtualization but it's really easy for it to be taken advantage of, even with our AUP.

@Crab said: Sounds like its time to fill it up!

We'll try to come up with something soon, like actually soon. By actually soon I mean between one day and one month instead of the usual 1 minute to 1 year.

• RecDRecD Member

@VirMach said: between one day and one month

On ThursdayS :wink:

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited June 2020

Not trying to create a drama here but well perhaps it is good to share my thoughts, I could create a thread like other people but honestly I don't want drama but I would just like to find a place to vent.

Long story short, I requested VirMach to remove my card in client area but based on what he said, this is not possible unless I cancel my service with them. Well I am just requesting to remove my card to prevent from any accidental usage (My account could be hacked too, right?), but why must I cancel my service? I read through the Terms of Services and quite sure it wasn't mentioned anywhere, I still have about $30 + $50 in my account credit so in case of any abuse, there's still some credits there.

But it doesn't end up well, basically it is still not possible and the reply is kinda disappointing. He suggested that I could have cancel my cancellation request later to remove it as a workaround. Full ticket content can be shared if necessary but I don't want more drama.

Honestly, I am quite disappointed about the reply in the ticket. It is not that I want to abuse or anything but just I have been using PayPal for all my charges because it is a lot easier to maintain my purchases, I am able to remove my card from 95% of other providers regardless of their sizes.

There are just too many fine prints in the VirMach Terms of Services and how can I even be sure I can cancel my cancellation request to remove my card?

Anyway, I am pretty sure VirMach made a lot more than what I made per hour, but that doesn't really justify this sentence: "I have already allotted the maximum amount of time I can to this ticket". That's just very very sad to hear. It somewhat means I am wasting his time although the ticket is a simple request with just 2 replies.

For the past 2 years, I have spent tens or hundreds of hours trying to support VirMach as a friend, I am not even requesting for anything in returns but just hoping he can somewhat being active in the forum (reply once a week is good enough). But maybe even this is too much for him, so I understand.

To prevent the misunderstanding from the Chinese clients, I try to bridge the cultural gap last BF although it doesn't end up well. Why should I involve in something that brings no benefits to me? Why should I handle all the attacks and dramas from the Chinese people pointing on me? It is not just 1 or 10, but hundreds of comments attacking me using some offensive words. Why should I be a busybody?

I offer to help whenever I could knowing that he is busy. I reply to his messages as soon as possible and try to fulfil whatever is requested in the message, to the best of my ability.

I am feeling quite desperate at the moment, you will never know how many times I just put everything on my hand aside, making excuses to friends and families on important events just so that I could try my best to support VirMach, as a friend.

Perhaps it is just my wishful thinking, maybe I am just one of his cheapskate clients instead of a friends in his eye.

In addition to my stress and anxiety in the past few weeks, I really felt heartbroken. I know I am just a nobody, but I am very very disappointed on helping people who don't really appreciate. But maybe, it is just all my imagination and wishful thinking.

Thanked by 1RecD

@FAT32, I ended up writing a lot here as well but ended up deleting it. Most of it is just a repeat of what I stated in the ticket. If you want to discuss this further here, we can. It will just have to be on my free time and I will not discuss it on the ticket. As I stated, that is all I had to say about it in a situation where you are the customer and I am an agent providing an explanation of our policy.

If others are concerned, I'll justify it here all again. My ticket response was very thorough.

I don't think you should take it as personality as you have here; I am just trying to be impartial. I do not think it is fair to play favorites when it comes to policies outside of the level we usually may (there is of course some more leeway for long-time customers and that is what was provided to you, which you rejected.) I did not state I allotted the maximum time to be a dick, it was the clearest way I could say I spent an hour on a response regarding something trivial while I have to tend to a hundred plus customers a day. It has nothing to do with my time versus yours and the value. Of course I highly appreciate everything you've done. That doesn't mean I'm going to just concede if you start arguing the validity of how we process something.

Thanked by 1RecD
  • EHRAEHRA Member

@FAT32 , you are one of the coolest guys on this forum. You are a friendly human being who gives his time for the benefit of others. I admire your characteristic, so I recommend that you reduce your expectations regarding people's behavior.

Don't expect reciprocity, as it usually doesn't come. By lowering your expectations you will reduce your disappointment and be able to better deal with setbacks.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 2020

I see new website colors, when was that changed?

Also found reviews, holy shit, reviews.

• Guess July 1 had no love

edited July 2020

@JabJab said:
    I see new website colors, when was that changed?

Also found reviews, holy shit, reviews.

I went crazy with it a few days ago when I was doing website optimizations. Google changed their algorithm and it seems like they heavily weigh their arbitrary values for what makes a good website, which is basically as one of my friends puts it, SpaceJam.com -- https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=spacejam.com

If you want to have a laugh go visit us through Google and check out our amazing AMP website

But yeah, our phone number is gone because we haven't been going into the office due to COVID, our chat is gone because it had some huge negative impacts in terms of load time and the Javascript (but we all know the real reason is that everyone just used the chat system to tell us about their ticket existing.) I figured I'd make my own little simple slider replacement, then I was taking some design elements from part of the mock-up some third party developer is making for us:

It's hardly the same at all, but close enough for me.

@JabJab said: lso found reviews, holy shit, reviews.

The last time someone brought up reviews I went through like the most recent negative 10 reviews and debunked them, then I realized it didn't matter and deleted my reply :smiley:

(edit) I kind of have to mention this about that one, I'm going based off memory because those reviews get ingrained pretty well but I might be heavily paraphrasing: our website was undergoing maintenance and this guy thought it meant his service was offline or something as well.... because... logic. I guess he exclusively accessed it via our web VNC (and only on WHMCS, not SolusVM.)

@plumberg said: Guess July 1 had no love

Ah yes, the 1st of July. The uh... oh, right, Einstein introduced his theory of special relativity. We didn't forget. In honor of that we had some pretty crazy deals but only if you were moving at the speed of light, sorry.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • JabJabJabJab Member

@VirMach is there a chance that you can list node name in Portal Home > Client Area > My Products & Services? Got an e-mail about AMSKVM3 (lucky me) and I spend 3 minutes (and 3 captchas) to open all my services to find out which one is on that node.
    Add there one more column or put it another 'Active' label, I don't know.

also panel like that is amazing :-D