Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Disabled my Account!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Disabled my Account!

hanzenhanzen Member

Hi, I just created a Hetzner Cloud Account and uploaded my Government Issued ID card copy and now it has been disabled in just 5 min. Any suggestion what can I do now?

Comments

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited April 2020

Make new accounts unit they ban your IP. /s

• hanzenhanzen Member
    edited April 2020

@ewrek said:
    Make new accounts unit they ban your IP. /s

So you mean to make a new account with a VPN? Is there no way to get my previous account back. And what if that too gets banned. This is insane why do they disable it for no reason?

• FalzoFalzo Member

open a ticket (send a mail) and wait for them to get back to you - probably not happening today though, as it's a public holiday...

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just because you don’t know the reason it doesn’t mean they did it without one ☺️

Thanked by 3ViridWeb Hetzner_OL bdl
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
  • FalzoFalzo Member

most likely the suspension happens automatically until someone can manually check the verification stuff. so as said, simply wait for someone to pick up on it (probably only during office hours)...

• hanzenhanzen Member
    edited April 2020

@Falzo said:
    most likely the suspension happens automatically until someone can manually check the verification stuff. so as said, simply wait for someone to pick up on it (probably only during office hours)...

Any Idea when will the Holidays End in Germany?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2020

@hanzen said:

@Falzo said:

Any Idea when will the Holidays End in Germany?

tomorrow (tuesday) around 8 or 9 a.m. CEST ?

PS: which also means, they might have a bit of a backlog from the last four days, as friday already has been a holiday and saturday most companies in Germany don't have as a 'working day' in terms of office tasks...

Thanked by 2hanzen Hetzner_OL
  • snzsnz Member

@hanzen said:
    Hi, I just created a Hetzner Cloud Account and uploaded my Government Issued ID card copy and now it has been disabled in just 5 min. Any suggestion what can I do now?

This is normal procedure when you create a new account during holidays/sunday/etc. Same happened to me, just need to wait.

Thanked by 2coreflux Hetzner_OL
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@hanzen - I just saw your private message and responded to it. You can try to re-register with us. Make sure all of your information is 100% complete and correct. If you have an English-language ID, please use it. I am not sure that our team can accept ones in languages other than English and German. If you can think of anything unusual in your customer information (a possible reason why we might reject your order), please write an explanation for it. If your account is rejected a second time, please accept this as our final answer. We don't explain why we reject accounts because it would make it easier for people to create fake accounts. If your account is rejected a second time, please try another provider. Perhaps you can even find a reseller in your area who can help you. --Katie

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@hanzen Germany has some extremely strict laws, and most providers there have very strict interpretations of those laws. No benefit of the doubt there.

If you get rejected at Hetzner I'd suggest looking at Netherlands or any country nearby. It's much easier.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @hanzen - I just saw your private message and responded to it. You can try to re-register with us. Make sure all of your information is 100% complete and correct. If you have an English-language ID, please use it. I am not sure that our team can accept ones in languages other than English and German. If you can think of anything unusual in your customer information (a possible reason why we might reject your order), please write an explanation for it. If your account is rejected a second time, please accept this as our final answer. We don't explain why we reject accounts because it would make it easier for people to create fake accounts. If your account is rejected a second time, please try another provider. Perhaps you can even find a reseller in your area who can help you. --Katie

@Hetzner_OL I have just messaged you Please see.

• hanzenhanzen Member
    edited April 2020

@SplitIce said:
    @hanzen Germany has some extremely strict laws, and most providers there have very strict interpretations of those laws. No benefit of the doubt there.

If you get rejected at Hetzner I'd suggest looking at Netherlands or any country nearby. It's much easier.

I had Registered Successfully at Netcup (which is a German Company) by Verifying my Identity by my Original Passport (Which is in English). So, if I do the same will it Help?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@hanzen English or German always helps.

Thanked by 1hanzen
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

hanzen said: @Hetzner_OL I have just messaged you Please see.

I just responded. (I can see when I get a new message from someone when I log in.) --Katie

• I just created my Hetzner Account at last and you know what it is Their Hobby to Scare their Customers Away and Waste their Time! When I Registered Successfully I received a mail saying that I have a Debt. Wow! So, they are Thieves as well! I have never registered or used or bought their services before and they say that We are Disabling your Account because you have a Pending Invoice. They really do not want to deal with New Customers so fine, I do not want to deal with Theives. This was the Worst Experience of my Life!

• hanzen said: This was the Worst Experience of my Life!

You probably haven't lived a lot, I guess. What did they respond when you contacted them about this?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • They say that I was a customer in 2013! Now I seriously have great doubts about their Records and I don't know How they recognise Each customer. I don't know who this person was and what did He buy. This is really astonishing!

• FalzoFalzo Member

hanzen said: it is Their Hobby to Scare their Customers Away

yeah most likely. you know, all bigger businesses have nothing better to do... I understand your little ego got hurt a lot over this, but this kind of reaction draws a certain picture of you and your mindset.

how about simply stay away from Hetzner. I guess it's better for all involved.

and keep in mind, they are doing abuse prevention for quite some years now and I guess they are pretty good at it already. I'd consider the chances not so low someone coming to a review platform or internet forum whining about all of this could just try to retaliate for not being able to sneak in anyway.

• the funny thing is that everyone hates large and small providers such as. OVH Hetzer etc but still continue to buy from them? or they (people) want to see server prices as low as theirs offers E.g beat this price like hetzner . So what's the problem? people?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Probably A Good thing That they Deenied yoU.

Thanked by 2riot Lee
  • As for me, I think this case is a vivid example of disrespect in relation to their own customers. OP, skip them, there are a lot of top providers in Germany. Try Avoro Vserver XS+

VSERVER XS+
    ab 3,00€ / Monat
    Intel Gold/Intel E5/AMD Epyc 2
    1 dedizierter CPU-Kern
    2 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    10 GB SSD
    10 Gbit/s shared
    1x IPv4 & 1x IPv6 /64 Netz
    2 TB Traffic
    DDoS-Protection
    Mindestlaufzeit: 3 Monate

• RazzaRazza Member

hanzen said: I don't know How they recognise Each customer.

I think a provider the size of Hetzner is well capable of correctly identifying previous clients making new accounts.

hanzen said: Thieves as well

Hetzner thieves now too a few days back it was Netcup after you apparently ordered a domain that got registered without any payment.

hanzen said: I think this is the new way Netcup has found out to steal some money.

• @Razza said:

hanzen said: I don't know How they recognise Each customer.

I think a provider the size of Hetzner is well capable of correctly identifying previous clients making new accounts.

hanzen said: Thieves as well

Hetzner thieves now too a few days back it was Netcup after you apparently ordered a domain that got registered without any payment.

hanzen said: I think this is the new way Netcup has found out to steal some money.

Yes, I myself had bought the Domain from Netcup and was responsible for Payment which I have. But I can't pay Hetzner for something I haven't bought. Anyways, I have just moved on and Looking for another Provider.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@hanzen said:
    I just created my Hetzner Account at last and you know what it is Their Hobby to Scare their Customers Away and Waste their Time! When I Registered Successfully I received a mail saying that I have a Debt. Wow! So, they are Thieves as well! I have never registered or used or bought their services before and they say that We are Disabling your Account because you have a Pending Invoice. They really do not want to deal with New Customers so fine, I do not want to deal with Theives. This was the Worst Experience of my Life!

@Hetzner_OL kindly please contact a recovery agency from his country and force him to pay. Even if the invoice is about €1

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited April 2020

@hanzen said:
    They say that I was a customer in 2013! Now I seriously have great doubts about their Records and I don't know How they recognise Each customer. I don't know who this person was and what did He buy. This is really astonishing!

:# that’s the story your sticking to?

You registered with pretty specific information from passport, whatever past abuse is most likely you. Not sure what the problem is? Your not out money, they gave you a second chance to apply, after probably getting auto rejected due to that past debit due and/or any abuse.

Just find someone else and leave me my hetzner. Just an assumption, but they’re probably not the only provider that have you blacklisted.

Thanked by 1hanzen
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited April 2020

@hanzen It's seriously time for a moment of self reflection after Netcup and Hetzer. You haven't said what the debt was from 2013 - so I am sure its very small. 7 years ago you probably suffered with an affliction known to many on LET - stupid server management. Meaning you signed up for cool offers and probably figured- hey if I dont use it-it will go away and I dont have to pay for it. Or hey, if I dont fix my expired credit card, or close my paypal account - its not really my debt. Think long and thoughtfully, I can guarantee you will remember that time when you opened a hetzner account and then got bored and forgot about it.

• @king8654 said:
    Just find someone else and leave me my hetzner. Just an assumption, but they’re probably not the only provider that have you blacklisted.

Netcup probably. After he signed a contract for a domain and ran away without giving any payment information. This is probably exactly the same.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@debaser said:

@king8654 said:

Netcup probably. After he signed a contract for a domain and ran away without giving any payment information. This is probably exactly the same.

He also doesn't pay attention to forum rules (e.g., when he tried to auction that domain on two forums)

• @Hetzner_OL Hi, i have the same problem, my account is disabled and i gave my passeport screen, what's the problem ? i don't understand, i can even pay the server 6 month upfront