Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Virmach Vs Vultr - Which is better?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Virmach Vs Vultr - Which is better?

WindmmWindmm Member

I am trying to compare these two via benchmark and it seems like Vultr has quite better scores.

The services I used to compare are SSD1G ($5) from Virmach and $5 VPS from Vultr.

What are your actual experiences for these two? Can you share your opinions with me?

Thank you!

Comments

• ben47955ben47955 Member
    edited February 16

@hzr said:
    I'm surprised your virmach didn't get suspended while benching

I hope your are sarcastic. Virmach is usually really good and very tolerant on abuse. Their AUP is very clear where most providers claim(more or less) to don't be a dick. Does it's allow more ressources than Virmach AUP ? Usually not.but at least from Virmach it's clear what you can use.

Of course, you can't compare when you pay peanut with something you pay premium price, but i hope you got it.

• i choose Virmach, very cheap prices

kuat dilakoni, ra kuat tinggal ngopi

• hzrhzr Member, Moderator

I'm being sarcastic, yeah. On the promos they are quite tough on this though.

• @Ganonk said:
    i choose Virmach, very cheap prices

They have the same price

Thanked by 2desperand webcraft
  • iirc VirMach is way more tolerant on abuses on their regular priced VMs compared to their 'Special Offers'. And VirMach has better support but Vultr has better network IMO.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited February 16

I have many services with Virmach but Vultr would have better performance, support and the more locations.

Virmach wins with their variety and pricing but you’re comparing $5 to $5 here

grape

• I vote Virmach!

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• virmach

• webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited February 16

Empire strike back vs rogue one , id choose vultr

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• Why would you compare Vultr with Vimach? I saw people do Vultr vs Digital Ocean vs Upcloud but Vultr vs Virmach? I don't feel they fall in the same category.

• vultr

• RecDRecD Member

at $5 level,
    Vultr wins. (It's cheaper because of the promo credit and as you said, it has better scores)

If you go with real low-end line (<$10/y)
    go with Virmach

Idling Spammer

• @muffin said:
    At the same price point, I’d go with vultr.

Best answer! Same price point, Vultr is better!

Thanked by 1pluush

Shared: Smallweb | VPS: FlowVPS, VirMach, InceptionHosting, NexusBytes
    Gapps legacy 100/200 users cheap 4 sale. PM

• Vultr wins for me too. buuuuut..
    Why not include hetzner cliud ? at ~$3 you'll get 2 Gb of ram and plenty of bandwidth.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

hostfactor.eu $0.40/month DirectAdmin | $9/month Unmettered OpenStack KVM VPS | Mega Deals

• Vultr is by far better.

Thanked by 2pluush miu

hostWP.net - Wordpress Hosting Platform.

• Vultr hands down

Thanked by 1pluush

WHAdvice.com - Hosting Reviews, Toplists , Search Tool

• Vultr.

Thanked by 1pluush

Coffee, please.

• Vultr

Thanked by 1pluush

Hostbasic (aff) Hostbasic.com

• @Windmm said:
    I am trying to compare these two via benchmark and it seems like Vultr has quite better scores.

The services I used to compare are SSD1G ($5) from Virmach and $5 VPS from Vultr.

What are your actual experiences for these two? Can you share your opinions with me?

Thank you!

If the specs are comparable and the price is the same, I would choose Vultr, which is enterprise-quality and also has IPv6!

My impression is that most LET users who use Virmach have (often heavily) discounted Virmach services, in which case Virmach is much less expensive (specs/price ratio) than Vultr.

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• Why people are comparing with small player Vs Enterprise (deep-pocketed) player ?

At pocket friendly, Virmach does what it say says.

Thanked by 1uptime

quam bene vivas refert non quam diu

• Deepak_leb said: Why people are comparing

quite possibly a "traffic boost" post

anyhoo ... which is better: apple or orange?

the Amitz.party lives on!

• Close this post boss

quam bene vivas refert non quam diu

• @uptime said:

Deepak_leb said: Why people are comparing

quite possibly a "traffic boost" post

Yeah, you may be right. We'll see if the OP reappears to say something.

Thanked by 1uptime

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• @angstrom - looking at history, it does seem like OP is (or once was) a real account ... But in general, really have to wonder sometimes :smiley:

Thanked by 1angstrom

• gksgks Member

vultr. Don't use VirMach if you really use your VM.

Thanked by 1pluush

LET === User Enlightened Territory

• Vultr offers hourly services and Virmach is monthly. Hard to compare the two, Virmach is definitely cheaper but Vultr would be the better option performance wise. I’d have to go with Vultr.

• Never tried virmach. But, vultr is very reliable for me.

My list of reliable providers :
    Ramnode : HostHatch : Dediserve : Serverica : CloudCone : OnePoundWebHosting : Vultr : Lunanode : Few more under testing!

• angeliusangelius Member
    edited February 16

Hetzner > vultr > virmach

Thanked by 3donko Windmm Hetzner_OL
  • Vultr is prem.

• Vultr.

• it depends on a lot on the deal you get. Vultr $5 VM will beat a $5 regular price Virmach VPS... However, if you get a special Black Friday Virmach deal, you will crush Vultr easily... for $60/yr on Black Friday you could get 8+ cores, tons of storage, tons of bandwidth on 10gbit, extra ips...

• horses for courses, as they say

both are reliable, I bake in some risk premium discount for VirMach (relying overmuch on ColoCrossing)

And I think Vultr (generally) has better network

But if I need mucho cheap ram, not so much single-core cpu performance - then a VirMach black friday deal is the bees knees:

$48.60/year 10 GB ram, 4 weak vcores, 30 GB SSD in Seattle

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14992890

compare with Vultr deal $42/year ($3.50 monthly) 512 MB ram, 1 okayish vcore, 20 GB SSD in San Jose

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14631814

neither of the above are standard pricing but I'm not usually one to pay retail

• Benchmarks are one thing. Explain the use case.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

• poisson said: Explain the use case.

indeed - as I said, "horses for courses"

for the specific instances I listed benches for:

teh VirMach for doing (occasional) full-text searches

and the little Vultr for a reliable jumphost / proxy

Thanked by 1poisson

• poisson said: Benchmarks are one thing. Explain the use case.

Sorry. Forgot to mention that I want to use LEMP to run my small blog using Wordpress.

• @Windmm said:

poisson said: Benchmarks are one thing. Explain the use case.

Sorry. Forgot to mention that I want to use LEMP to run my small blog using Wordpress.

Just get the $6 nvme from vultr.

Thanked by 2uptime claudio
  • @Windmm said:

poisson said: Benchmarks are one thing. Explain the use case.

Honestly, I don't think there is any difference in either case. If the price and specs are the same, Vultr probably has more resources and is probably going to provide better stability and network performance relative to Virmach (note that I am not saying Virmach is bad, just that comparing the two, Vultr probably has a slight edge in the grand scheme of things).

Thanked by 2uptime pluush

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

• Thx guys!

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited February 17

Vultr for what you use in production. When your system down on weekends, it's likely you get support from Virmach. Look at this:

I am in the "Priority Queue" but I am still waiting for more than 30 hours for purchasing more bandwidth.

Thanked by 3uptime pluush Ouji
  • mrclownmrclown Member
    edited February 17

Vultr, in terms of support, panel and service. On top BGP is nice one you could use have for all their location for 0$ cost.

Don't put any prod on virmach, may be some dev or experimental or basic sites. Not that they are bad just that simply not meant for all users who expect something extra or support.

Thanked by 1pluush

signature for rent - ^_^

• Just get the $6 nvme from vultr.

I've used both and they're great. I'd say vultr is premium and offers more features, while virmach offers some great specials, particularly on black friday.

But for wordpress / LEMP on that price range, go with the $6 nvme from vultr. Your site will run much faster with the nvme disk and that "high frequency" cpu + faster RAM.

• 100% Vultr

Thanked by 1pluush

Zhujiwiki - VPS offer / dedicated servers offer Info

• pluushpluush Member
    edited February 20

No question, Vultr.

VirMach suspends VPSes a lot. I use their standard plans and even some suspended aren’t being really used that intensively. In the end I canceled all services I had with them (had 10+ at one point) except one. Just had to spend the credit...

With Vultr I had a bug in my script that made one VPS of mine run at 60% or 100% (cannot recall which) for days until I fixed it (Well, mistakes happen!) although I had other VPSes that were relatively idling. But then they didn’t suspend my VPS, didn’t even send me an intimidating warning, and that is fortunate because I was running critical services on the VPS. It just reassures me that I can continue running the more critical services on Vultr. (I don’t plan to abuse Vultr’s resources! I use dedicated for that.)

• RedSoxRedSox Member

People say Vultr is better than Virmacht, but give no stats. Support is not as important as the power and capabilities of VM, uptime and so on. Where are stats and benches? Btw, Vultr as far as I know doesn't accept debit/credit cards. Virmacht does?

• @RedSox said:
    People say Vultr is better than Virmacht, but give no stats. Support is not as important as the power and capabilities of VM, uptime and so on. Where are stats and benches? Btw, Vultr as far as I know doesn't accept debit/credit cards. Virmacht does?

Vultr accept CC, PP, BTC, Chinese

Thanked by 1RedSox

VPS : Too many
    Shared Hosting : SmallWeb/My website

• cazrzcazrz Member

@RedSox said:

Support is important if you cant access your vps during weekends and you found out that the provider will be available by Monday.

For production my vote goes to Vultr. I dont recall submitting any support ticket for the past 6 years over 300 VMs. I have tickets but those are only for testing support. They do have weekends. And answers within hours not more than 24hrs. They do accept cc, prepaid, paypal.

VM performance is good. Network is good and better than most of providers. Depending on location. Hardware are really well maintained.

We also have ha infra in vultr, and i can say its much better there than others when doing private network connectivity.

I think vultr is not using ryzen yet or amd cpus. Only intel gold or other intel cpus.

@VirMach
    We also use virmach, about more than 20 vms. Its just fine. Support is good also. We had never encountered bandwidth overage yet. So i dont know what will happen in case its weekend and we hit the bandwidth limit. Performance is just fine. But i think they still do not use nvme and new cpus.

Thanked by 2RedSox kalimov622
  • defaultdefault Member
    edited May 22

I choose Virmach. @Virmach is awesome.

Thanked by 2RedSox VirMach

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• RedSoxRedSox Member

@cazrz said:

@RedSox said:

Support is important if you cant access your vps during weekends and you found out that the provider will be available by Monday.

For production my vote goes to Vultr. I dont recall submitting any support ticket for the past 6 years over 300 VMs. I have tickets but those are only for testing support. They do have weekends. And answers within hours not more than 24hrs. They do accept cc, prepaid, paypal.

VM performance is good. Network is good and better than most of providers. Depending on location. Hardware are really well maintained.

We also have ha infra in vultr, and i can say its much better there than others when doing private network connectivity.

I think vultr is not using ryzen yet or amd cpus. Only intel gold or other intel cpus.

@VirMach
    We also use virmach, about more than 20 vms. Its just fine. Support is good also. We had never encountered bandwidth overage yet. So i dont know what will happen in case its weekend and we hit the bandwidth limit. Performance is just fine. But i think they still do not use nvme and new cpus.

Could you please provide some benches? Monster bench and YABS will be good.