Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc are closing down - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc are closing down

Comments

• A sad state of affairs, indeed.

• It might be time to call the local authorities for a welfare check. I'm serious.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • MikeA said: I don't think so.

Just my frustration showing. It s not exactly a small amount that I stand to lose. I hope he is OK,

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Rest in peace to the doc

• WootWootWootWoot Member, Host Rep, LIR

The Doc has started to open bank chargebacks on his upstream providers. Brace yourself for more shutdowns.

• @WootWoot said:
    The Doc has started to open bank chargebacks on his upstream providers. Brace yourself for more shutdowns.

Damn.

• WootWoot said: The Doc has started to open bank chargebacks on his upstream providers. Brace yourself for more shutdowns.

How do you know this?

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint pluush
  • The Kansas City node just went bye bye. So the end is now.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WootWoot said:

Wtf, that's pretty shitty. Definitely time to dispute and/or chargeback if you're in the 180 day time window. Absolutely no chances of refunds now. Thought Junior was above this type of shiftiness, but apparently not.

For those that don't know, @WootWoot is Francis from Heymman, who HostDoc was using in Kansas City.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@saibal said:
    How do you know this?

He is one of the upstream providers (Heymman)

Thanked by 2saibal uptime
  • MasonR said: For those that don't know, @WootWoot is Francis from Heymman, who HostDoc was using in Kansas City.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks Mason.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • WootWootWootWoot Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited February 2020

@saibal said:

WootWoot said: The Doc has started to open bank chargebacks on his upstream providers. Brace yourself for more shutdowns.

How do you know this?

Because we received a $479.40 chargeback (Stripe) from them this morning (on a legitimate / due payment). Their Kansas City location has been shutdown 30 minutes ago. Their status page also shows that their Dallas location was shutdown 45 minutes ago. They've probably been hit, today, with a chargeback too. I would expect the other providers to follow suit. :-(.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

The end is nigh.

I dont know what else to say but frankly I am very disappointed on Doc.

• Ouch. Is there any way to recover the money at this point?

Thanked by 1pluush
  • @WootWoot said:
    Because we received a $479.40 chargeback (Stripe) from them this morning (on a legitimate / due payment). Their Kansas City location has been shutdown 30 minutes ago. Their status page also shows that their Dallas location was shutdown 45 minutes ago. They've probably been hit, today, with a chargeback too. I would expect the other providers to follow suit. :-(.

Sorry you've been hit by that, That's honestly un-expected of him to do that. Hopefully you can provide sufficient evidence to stripe and win it.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited February 2020

To be honest, this is worse than CC hosts deadpooling.

Thanked by 2FrankZ maverickp
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Well, charging back from the companies you use as a provider is rather shitty...

• @WootWoot said:

@saibal said:

WootWoot said: The Doc has started to open bank chargebacks on his upstream providers. Brace yourself for more shutdowns.

How do you know this?

Because

you are an employee for Heymman and feel like simply disclosing stuff like that publicly is a good idea?

hmm.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:
    Well, charging back from the companies you use as a provider is rather shitty...

Worse than rather shitty, it proves that it's a scam operation. He's deadpooled and trying to run off with as much cash as he can.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Take your backups while you still can.

Charging back his suppliers is a very shitty thing todo.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

@Falzo said:

you are an employee for Heymman and feel like simply disclosing stuff like that publicly is a good idea?

hmm.

All he said was an amount of money, seriously, lets not hop on that train.

Edit: The train usually crashes?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@MikeA said:

Nothing more to lose for him.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:

@MikeA said:

Nothing more to lose for him.

Infact, to gain.

But the brand was so profitable!!!

Francisco

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

Those who received chargebacks, please start a new thread. Let's get a group legal effort here as what he's doing is very illegal.

• LeeLee Veteran

Falzo said: you are an employee for Heymman and feel like simply disclosing stuff like that publicly is a good idea?

hmm.

Normally, I would agree. But, in this case he went silent, held back on refunds and in the background is trying to fleece his upstreams before anyone gets wind of the fact the refunds are not coming.

There is a low point you reach even for LET when this kind of information should be disclosed, that time is now.

• wow, it hasn't been a month from the date with email notification (feb,02) :(

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2020

@WootWoot said:

@saibal said:

How do you know this?

This is NOT good. I wonder if he's charging back all the payments to his suppliers. What an ass.

• Okay. I have seen a lot of stupid shit. But chargebacking upstream, that actually delivered as promised, WHAT THE FUCK.

• LeeLee Veteran

seriesn said: Okay. I have seen a lot of stupid shit. But chargebacking upstream, that actually delivered as promised, WHAT THE FUCK.

Honestly, we missed all these tricks years back, could you imagine how much money we could have made had we thought about things like this. Sajan could have done the setup, @ChrisMiller on the dodgy deals with server providers and if anyone complained Martin would have threatened them all.

If only we could go back in time.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited February 2020

Digging a hole to deep ..I would says he is grasping at anything to lessen his financial exposure with this clusterf**k.

You would be surprised what people do when they get desperate.

This discussion has been closed.