Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• @Jord said:

@poisson said:

@slothx said:
    I got hit by WelcomeHosting and KayHosting. Thankfully I'd just gotten invoices for both. Guess I walk away clean. Fun scramble to back up hosts though.

Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

I never said thank you for adding us to your whitelist, so thank you :heart:

Neither fear nor favour. If you are reliable, you are going up and staying there.

Cute pandas do not sway my decisions, but they are fun to watch.

Thanked by 1Jord
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@poisson said:

@Jord said:

@poisson said:

@slothx said:
    I got hit by WelcomeHosting and KayHosting. Thankfully I'd just gotten invoices for both. Guess I walk away clean. Fun scramble to back up hosts though.

Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

I never said thank you for adding us to your whitelist, so thank you :heart:

Neither fear nor favour. If you are reliable, you are going up and staying there.

Cute pandas do not sway my decisions, but they are fun to watch.

Well here you go sir....

Thanked by 2poisson uptime
  • dahartigan said: They were good, until they suddenly increased prices dramatically.

I understand that point of view. I also understand that for the health of their model, they have to pass the increased fees that need to be paid onwards. I am not interested in DirectAdmin, and my prices haven't gone up. I think the quality of their services should remain unaffected - I hope.

• @uptime said:
    yeah ... so I just heard a scurrilous rumour ... that the nefarious henchman of the lowend spirit talk cabal has hereby announced a $100 prize for conclusive proof linked to an identifiable person "responsible" for this alleged scammery

$200 now, @Amitz from LowEndSpirit is also contributing to the bounty

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @uptime said:

@pepa65 said:

uptime said: nefarious henchman of the lowend spirit talk cabal has hereby announced a $100 prize for conclusive proof linked to an identifiable person "responsible" for this alleged scammery

Rumour, hence no link??

yar, sorry boss - here ya go: link

Yeah $200, lets party> @uptime said:

yeah ... so I just heard a scurrilous rumour ... that the nefarious henchman of the lowend spirit talk cabal has hereby announced a $100 prize for conclusive proof linked to an identifiable person "responsible" for this alleged scammery

Update $200

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@jbiloh Why is that?

Thanked by 3isunbejo pepa65 uptime
  • @jbiloh can you tell us if there is any link between mercantilo.com, Florian Laplantif from Seattle, and the recent incident? that website shares the same analytics account as the 25 hosts that just dropped dead

Thanked by 2Daniel15 Falzo

Headquarters:
    184 Main Collins St. West, Collins Street West, Victoria, 8007, Australia
    www.mercantilo.com
    Employees:
    Revenue:
    2.8M

Hmmmmmm.....

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2019

Do you guys see the irony of exposing a company on a forum owned by the same company?

• Not created, bought in secrecy and used for suspicious purposes.

@FAT32 said:
    Do you guys see the irony of exposing a company on a forum owned by the same company?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @FAT32 said:

I do. It's the delicious part of all this.

P.S. Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum. Or am I the only one noticing this?

Thanked by 2FAT32 poisson
  • @dahartigan said:

@FAT32 said:

P.S. Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum. Or am I the only one noticing this?

you and jsg man

he's not using anything, I'm using that in my signature, provide me with a free domain where i can host it or get lost, thanks

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@dahartigan said:
    Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum. Or am I the only one noticing this?

Kinda. Not that this is a bad idea and in fact this is a very smart move. However, some people might feel unhappy about this overaggressive method to attract people.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @tgl said:

@dahartigan said:

@FAT32 said:

you and jsg man

he's not using anything, I'm using that in my signature, provide me with a free domain where i can host it or get lost, thanks

He's still protected species I see

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

ok man, removed it, now what? can you get lost already?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

dahartigan said: P.S. Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum. Or am I the only one noticing this?

That's pretty obvious. It's also a pretty reasonable approach, IMO.

It's very difficult to counteract the network effect (which applies to forums also), but one of the very few ways to do so effectively, is to wait for a moment where everyone is feeling dissatisfied with the old thing, and taking that moment to tell everyone that there's a better option. If you can get enough critical mass going all at once, you can kickstart a new community successfully.

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

we should not mention LES here, its forbidden!

its very simple, that is where the bounty is offered, what do you want me to mention @dahartigan ? please PM me for more information?

honestly, I dont think we're using any incident to attract people over there, we are just trying to draw attention so this wont happen again!

• @FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:
    Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum. Or am I the only one noticing this?

Kinda. Not that this is a bad idea and in fact this is a very smart move. However, some people might feel unhappy about this overaggressive method to attract people.

I agree, it's going to help find the scammers. He's posting links to his site on the comments of the zdnet article, the WHT "sig spamming" comment, etc etc, so ironic considering the BS conversations we've had in the past.

Thanked by 1pepa65

@FAT32 said:

Since when are they going to even care/notice :joy:

• @tgl said:
    we should not mention LES here, its forbidden!

its very simple, that is where the bounty is offered, what do you want me to mention @dahartigan ? please PM me for more information?

honestly, I dont think we're using any incident to attract people over there, we are just trying to draw attention so this wont happen again!

Sorry man, you're misunderstanding me. Post what you like, my comments are about Anthony, not you :-)

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

ok, got it, sorry about freaking out, its the jsg effect

And FOR THE RECORD: I am not accusing anyone at ColoCrossing, I am just asking some questions as a concerned citizen, I want to make sure I wont buy a service hosted on ColoCrossing and this will happen to me or others in the future. Can you imagine how many people lost their money this weekend if no refunds are provided? Maybe some people did not get the e-mails and will lose all their data today, are you considering that?

I think ColoCrossing should help us identify the person behind this incident.

I hope you understand that @jbiloh

Thanked by 2dahartigan pepa65
  • dahartigan said: am I the only one noticing this?

I don't know about that, but I'll happily take full credit for trolling here ...

HE MADE ME DO IT! :scream:

• dahartigan said: Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum.

I don't think the bounty is directed at attracting visitors. It is only double-dippers that have posted the bounty here for interest's sake.

That said, I am sure he would be happy to get quality input (or to be helping the needy..!).

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • @joepie91 said:

dahartigan said: P.S. Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum. Or am I the only one noticing this?

That's pretty obvious. It's also a pretty reasonable approach, IMO.

It's very difficult to counteract the network effect (which applies to forums also), but one of the very few ways to do so effectively, is to wait for a moment where everyone is feeling dissatisfied with the old thing, and taking that moment to tell everyone that there's a better option. If you can get enough critical mass going all at once, you can kickstart a new community successfully.

For sure there's nothing wrong, I agree. We have a history, and most of the things he's doing are thing he's accused me for, banned me and removed my sig when he wad admin here. I got to see a side of Anthony most people don't, and all I'm saying is that the irony is too strong for me to not comment on.

Thanked by 1pepa65

Has anyone noticed that hosting73.com which is hosted on cPanel IP: 173.82.245.75 isn't licensed. But there are no other IP's around it with cPanel that isn't licensed.

Thanked by 1pepa65

Also IP: 173.82.245.5 which is another cPanel server isn't licensed to use it either.

• i guess you dont buy licenses if you plan to make a quick exit scam

• @pepa65 said:

dahartigan said: Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum.

I don't think the bounty is directed at attracting visitors. It is only double-dippers that have posted the bounty here for interest's sake.

That said, I am sure he would be happy to get quality input (or to be helping the needy..!).

The bounty alone is fine, no problem. Add that to those other things, spamming on zdnet and WHT it's just the icing on the cake. I just really don't trust the guy's intentions 100%

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting