Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited January 29 in General

Today, a whole bunch of LEB hosts sent out an email similar to this:

Dear Customer,

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the hosting business. Some that have not been overcome.

As result of this we will be closing our doors.  We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019.  We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank You.

Management

---
    Hosting73
    https://www.hosting73.com

Here's a (growing) list of affected hosts:

UMaxHosting.com
    SupremeVPS.com
    HostBRZ.com
    SparkVPS.com
    BigFootServers.com
    SolvedByData.com
    N3Servers.com
    MegaZoneHosting.com
    KudoHosting.com
    HostedSimply.com
    WelcomeHosting.com
    KayHosting.com
    Hosting73.com
    UpbeatHosting.com
    LQHosting.com
    SnowVPS.com
    DCNHost.com
    StrongHosting.net
    ArkaHosting.com
    ServerStrong.com
    X4Servers.com
    TCNHosting.com
    SuperbVPS.com
    VPSFortune.com
    MyHostingSrv.com

Any more? I'll try to keep this list updated.

PS. Anyone who took the "free shitty shit hosting" from me is affected (and _possibly _caused) by this.

EDIT: Thanks for your contributions everyone! It's important people are aware of this so they can take action. Regardless of whether we all know the above are shit anyway, there are many of our new friends who have fallen victim and we are in a position to help them find something much better, right here within our awesome community.

Purveyor of high quality potassium | "Get a FREE high-spec VPS from Evolution Host"

Comments

• Doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's a tiny group of people rotating shell companies to milk money out of fools.

PMS - Mankind's ultimate weapon.

• @deank said:
      Doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's a tiny group of people rotating shell companies to milk money out of fools.

Exactly, it's just that it really doesn't take a genius to get scammed by said people.

Purveyor of high quality potassium | "Get a FREE high-spec VPS from Evolution Host"

• FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Wow I am so surprised that they deadpooled! Who would have thought of that?

Highly emotional. Need more deals to calm myself down.

• @FAT32 said:
      Wow I am so surprised that they deadpooled! Who would have thought of that?

I know right! I mean, they are premium and dedicated to customer service and OMG it's so unexpected!!!1111 /s

Thanked by 1FAT32

• You can add DCNHost, ServerStrong, and LQHosting to your list also.

• @jordonr said:
      You can add DCNHost, ServerStrong, and LQHosting to your list also.

Done, thanks for your contribution :)

• They had the decency of lasting around 6 months before.

I guess that no longer matters. Not surprising, given the state of things as of late.

PMS - Mankind's ultimate weapon.

• EdmondEdmond Member without signature

While it was 100% totally expected from them, still have to give them credit for not disappearing suddenly without chance to recover your data.

At least they didn't deadpool overnight and am giving people until Monday to pull everything off their VPSs..

• The question is how soon would they be back and under what name?

Thanked by 2pepa65 essay
    • @Edmond said:
      While it was 100% totally expected from them, still have to give them credit for not disappearing suddenly without chance to recover your data.

At least they didn't deadpool overnight and am giving people until Monday to pull everything off their VPSs..

This is a very good point, it has given me time to alert the people who are on my free shitty shithost experiment to backup their miners and spam scripts lol

• add stronghosting to the list

Thanked by 1pepa65

“The Mitigation is Spotless.” - Genius Guard, October 2016

• donlidonli Member
      edited December 2019

You left out:
      MegaZoneHosting.

Dear Customer,

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the hosting business. Some that have not been overcome.

As result of this we will be closing our doors. We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019. We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

Thank You.

Management

MegaZoneHosting Staff
      https://www.megazonehosting.com

• @dahartigan said:

@deank said:
      Doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's a tiny group of people rotating shell companies to milk money out of fools.

Exactly, it's just that it really doesn't take a genius to get scammed by said people.

I am a simple man. I see a company posting 'specials' on LEB, I fucking RUN!

@dahartigan Please help changing the thread title to include all the names, if it even fits

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@FAT32 said:
      @dahartigan Please help changing the thread title to include all the names, if it even fits

Pin it.

Francisco

BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • You can add Bigfoot Servers to the list also.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    • @FAT32 said:

Could you please confirm the new title is suitable? Feel free to use your mod powers to edit my post if you want to :)

Thanked by 1FAT32

• dahartigandahartigan Member
      edited December 2019

@geekyhillbilly said:
      You can add Bigfoot Servers to the list also.

Thank you

donli said: You left out:
      MegaZoneHosting.

Thanks man

@webclouddev said:
      add stronghosting to the list

Thanked by 1Janevski

• Daniel15Daniel15 Member
      edited December 2019

HostedSimply

Called it back when HiFormance deadpooled :tongue:

You mean that 4 GB RAM and 120 GB disk for $25/year isn't sustainable?!?! No way

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    • Maybe it would be easier to post the names of any companies featured on LEB in the last year that aren't going under.

Thanked by 2pepa65 blackjack4494
    • Honeslty i think everyone here should report colocrossing to the ftc at the very least, if not the irs for probable tax evasion.

Thanked by 2kkrajk pepa65
    • Daniel15Daniel15 Member
      edited December 2019

donli said: Maybe it would be easier to post the names of any companies featured on LEB in the last year that aren't going under.

1. VirMach (https://lowendbox.com/blog/21189/)

There, I made the list for you.

• Dear Customer,

As result of this we will be closing our doors. We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019. We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

Thank You.

Management

SuperbVPS Team
      https://www.superbvps.com/

• Were they all run by the same person?

@donli said:
      Were they all run by the same person?

Yes.

But know that @jbiloh and @cvps_chris had no idea that was the case. Promise.

Francisco

BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
      edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:

Dear Customer,

As result of this we will be closing our doors.  We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019.  We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

Thank You.

Management

---
      Hosting73

Here's a list of affected hosts:

ArkaHosting
      SupremeVPS
      UMaxHosting 
      Hosting73
      HostBRZ
      KudoHosting
      HostedSimply 
      SnowVPS
      DCNHost
      ServerStrong 
      LQHosting 
      MegaZoneHosting
      StrongHosting 
      Bigfoot Servers

Any more, I'll try to keep this list updated.

Add Hosting73 to the list, por favor.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
      edited December 2019

@donli said:
      Were they all run by the same person?

Yeah. ColonCrossing. That seems too be a real thing, unlike IPv6 - http://thebodyvr.com/colon-crossing/
      Edit: Autocorrect, damnit.

• MasonRMasonR Member
      edited December 2019

Here's something interesting -

Host Date of Last LEB Ad Term Length
      ArkaHosting 15 Nov 2019 One Year
      SupremeVPS 21 Nov 2019 One Year
      UMaxHosting 29 Oct 2019 One Year
      Hosting73 8 Nov 2019 One Year
      HostBRZ 26 Oct 2019 One Year
      KudoHosting 25 Oct 2019 One Year
      HostedSimply 1 Nov 2019 One Year
      SnowVPS 6 Nov 2019 One Year
      DCNHost 12 Nov 2019 One Year
      ServerStrong 22 Nov 2019 One Year
      LQHosting 11 Nov 2019 One Year
      MegaZoneHosting 18 Jul 2019 Monthly
      StrongHosting 17 Nov 2019 One Year
      Bigfoot Servers 19 Oct 2019 One Year
      SuperbVPS 5 Nov 2019 One Year
      x4Servers 23 Oct 2019 One Year
      n3Servers 4 Nov 2019 One Year
      SparkVPS 31 Oct 2019 One Year

@jbiloh said:

t0ny0 said: None of the LEB crap affects me, aside from learning to never ever ever EVER EVER trust a host that provides services by ColoCrossing.

Why is that?

All these hosts are deadpooling within three days of announcing they are shutting down. 17 out of 18 of these hosts were featured on LEB within the past 2 months offering yearly contracted services. I guarantee no one is getting refunds from this (aside from charging back, which I suggest everyone starts considering right about now). Let me know if you're still having any issues seeing why no one trusts LEB/CC.

LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (fio, iperf, & Geekbench)

• @K4Y5 said:

@dahartigan said:

Dear Customer,

Thank You.

Management

---
      Hosting73

ArkaHosting
      SupremeVPS
      UMaxHosting 
      Hosting73
      HostBRZ
      KudoHosting
      HostedSimply 
      SnowVPS
      DCNHost
      ServerStrong 
      LQHosting 
      MegaZoneHosting
      StrongHosting 
      Bigfoot Servers
      Hosting73

They were the very first one, in fact, Hosting73 is where my free shitty shit shithosting was served from ;)

• @dahartigan said:

@K4Y5 said:

@dahartigan said:

Dear Customer,

Thank You.

Management

---
      Hosting73

ArkaHosting
      SupremeVPS
      UMaxHosting 
      Hosting73
      HostBRZ
      KudoHosting
      HostedSimply 
      SnowVPS
      DCNHost
      ServerStrong 
      LQHosting 
      MegaZoneHosting
      StrongHosting 
      Bigfoot Servers
      Hosting73

They were the very first one, in fact, Hosting73 is where my free shitty shit shithosting was served from ;)

So you single-handedly upset their entire business model and got them in the red?

Thanked by 2dahartigan Edmond
    • thanks Obama ...

the Amitz.party lives on!

• They were just going to keep milking it up until they got hit with those first cPanel bills it seems. Charge back. Before it's too late, my dudes. Though, I hope no one here fell for any of these shenanigans.

LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (fio, iperf, & Geekbench)

• They’re not even trying to avoid association. The dead pool email is identical to the letter.

Or is this a template given by CC in their welcome email?

Thanked by 2kkrajk Wolveix
    • There's reason to believe these hosts are related to alpharacks. They stole the alpharacks account database, so either alpharacks sold it or they used it to advertise their new scams.

Got this letter from hosted simply and from x4servers.

Thanked by 1pepa65

@daps94 said:
      There's reason to believe these hosts are related to alpharacks. They stole the alpharacks account database, so either alpharacks sold it or they used it to advertise their new scams.

Can you share a screenshot from x4servers?

Francisco

• @caracal said:
      They’re not even trying to avoid association. The dead pool email is identical to the letter.

Or is this a template given by CC in their welcome email?

Maybe it's from the "So you sold unsustainable offers" part of the CC handbook.

Thanked by 1mrTom
    • @Francisco said:

@daps94 said:
      There's reason to believe these hosts are related to alpharacks. They stole the alpharacks account database, so either alpharacks sold it or they used it to advertise their new scams.

Francisco

Here you go
      https://ibb.co/QHzTLNv

Thanked by 2Francisco pepa65

@daps94 said:

@Francisco said:

@daps94 said:

Francisco

Here you go
      https://ibb.co/QHzTLNv

Another one for the list.

God damn.

Francisco

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    • Yep this is a massive exit scam, all of these hosts have been offering yearly plans on LEB for the past few months. Same price points as alpharacks. This should be reported to the authorities, lots of money has been stolen here.

N3servers too.

Francisco

Thanked by 2dahartigan pepa65
      edited December 2019

I am too tired for this drama after the long VirMach week...

Why should I give a fck when CC doesnt? I will not close nor merge any duplicate threads about this, let it burn.

• efan0388efan0388 Member
      edited December 2019
      Thanked by 1pepa65
    • it is a good time for another provider to acquires their customers :neutral:

Thanked by 1pepa65

LEMPer is yet another LEMP stack installer (plus cli-based LEMP stack management tool).
      Start your LEMP stack on the reliable cloud VPS instance starting only from around $5/mo.

• FAT32 said: Why should I give a fck when CC doesnt? I will not close nor merge any duplicate threads about this, let it burn.

I agree mate, you've been working too hard lately for this shit. We love you @FAT32 and we appreciate the awesome contributions you make to this community. LET it burn ;)

• @FAT32 said:
      I am too tired for this drama after the long VirMach week...

Why should I give a fck when CC doesnt? I will not close nor merge any duplicate threads about this, let it burn.

Burn, baby, burn....

Thanked by 1FAT32
    • Legendary rip-off

Cheap VPS Deals ★ LowEndStock.com ★ | → Follow @ Twitter

More likely they delete the posts from LEB.

Francisco

• No more Master reseller provider ☹️ Good bye to all of these who are facing many challenges c u again with new names

Thanked by 1seriesn
    • @jokymic said:
      c u again with new names

Lol :smiley: