Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting - NAT Storage deal 1.8TB $6.99/mo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting - NAT Storage deal 1.8TB $6.99/mo

13»

Comments

• Come Oct9, I would be clocking 2 years uptime on a wishosting Canada storage KVM, (if I didn't like to reboot every 6-8 Mos to pick up fresh kernels.)

Recently, I got migrated over to a consolidated node. Man, it's zippy!
    I'm thinking of using it for more than pure-storage now. 🥰

They've been operating on LET for 4yrs, give or take, with barely any bad press.
    They are competent and darn good value.

From what I can tell, I can even get access to cociu's Romania network via wishosting's vps inventory.

• @exception0x876 said:

@Nekki said:
    Nice. Could I buy 2 and stack the disk space into a single VPS?

Not on a regular basis. Most of the templates do not work well with HDD over 1.8TB. However, it is possible to request it via a ticket and install OS from ISO in this case.

If you just want a big network drive then

Wireguard and MooseFS spring to mind here, as long as your latency between the nodes its reasonable (It seems ok with 5-10ms, don't try it with 130ms you will be in for a painful experience)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @aj_potc said:

@uptime said:

and pretty sure that's not @exception0x876 in the picture either

I recall he stated in a thread not too long ago that this photo is from his wedding, so I imagine it is real.

Echoing what you wrote, I kind of agree that it's nice to get service from a quiet, polite provider who remains a bit under the radar. He's undoubtedly a smart guy, and the idea that it's a man running his own growing online business from a Ukrainian port city I've never heard of is kind of mysterious and inspiring at the same time. :smile:

I've only been to a handful of weddings in Canada, but the dudes all wore black.

Is a blue suit acceptable in other places?

• Is anyone running Nextcloud on this. If so what sort of experience are you having?

• @ITLabs said:

Reverse search didn't return any occurrences in stock photo services.

Do not use Google Images, it was gimped by the SJW. Yandex is the best service for reverse image search.

Which returns (additionally to his Freelancer, VK and a shitton of other stuff), the full unedited picture of our hero, apparently taken from a marriage photo shoot (congrats!):

• very wow. much charming. so sold. will aim to get at least one service by year end.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

1.8TB married storage, premium.
    Or as you would say in French: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID_(French_police_unit)

• He doesn't look like he's going to death-by-cheeseburger-and-sodas anytime soon.

Now bring us the Storage KVM in Oradea (200GB and up). :wink:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • HDD RAID-5? It is kind of dangerous...

• @chriky said:
    HDD RAID-5? It is kind of dangerous...

Swapping through multiple accounts using RAID-Vanilla is not

Welcome back buddy Incase RAID getting failure

• Can someone excuse my noobness and help me how to use this beast.
    I have generated pub/priv using puttygen. Updated the public key using the control panel. Not able to login using Putty, says "Server refused our key". Went to VNC, was able to login without password, changed the root password and tried login using Putty without key file and using new password this time and get "invalid password" message.

• @chriky said:
    HDD RAID-5? It is kind of dangerous...

That scare was based on drives having higher bit error rates than modern drives, so crisis averted for a bit longer.