Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Whitelabel VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Whitelabel VPS

Hi Folks,

I am looking to resell a VPS to one of my clients. The requirements are

2-3 Dedicated CPU cores on decent hardware
12 GB RAM
500 GB SSD Storage
1Gbps port speed.
1 IP Address

The biggest thing is that the client is a little technical and I do not want him finding out who I am buying the VPS from and for how much.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Real slick, mate.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

Nope.

Doesn't take a genius to find out who one resells for.

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@mansoor said:
    Hi Folks,

I am looking to resell a VPS to one of my clients. The requirements are

2-3 Dedicated CPU cores on decent hardware
    12 GB RAM
    500 GB SSD Storage
    1Gbps port speed.
    1 IP Address

The biggest thing is that the client is a little technical and I do not want him finding out who I am buying the VPS from and for how much.

Any suggestions?

Not really possible to hide ANY trace.

• The easiest way go find out is the IP.

Maybe get a VPS from a reseller of a big dedicated provider that doesn't sell VPS. So when they look up the IP - all they can see is Dedicated, and no price point for the VPS.
    Big ones without vps lines:
    ReliableSite (US)
    Zare (UK). While zare has vps - its expensive and not on their main site.

I am sure I am forgetting many companies that sell dedicated only, but yeah. Basically look for a reseller of theirs. But be warned - you will be reselling something that is already being resold.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

You want to do this for one vps? Sheesh. If you were doing this for "real" you'd get your own AS but that would require more scale.

Also, location?

• What a dick, whitelabelling is such a scummy business.

• @ehhthing said:
    What a dick, whitelabelling is such a scummy business.

Not really.

• @SirFoxy said:

@ehhthing said:

Not really.

I understand that some whitelabelling is more legit then others, especially if you're providing support for the service, but blatantly hiding the fact that you're doing it just isn't cool.

• @ehhthing said:

Isn't internet a great thing. Even morons like yourself get to have an ignorant opinion.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • BopieBopie Member

The issue is that if a person is clever enough they can simply check what asn the ip runs under thus finding the business easily, as mentioned it could be possible to get your own asn but then you would need a minimum of a /24 to announce under your own brand.

• LeviLevi Member

In this case black label vps would be perfect. Just let the customer know that you sell your knowledge and not product. Don't pretend to be a diamond when you are a zirconium.

I get a feeling that OP doesn't want his client (or friend) to find out how much he is profiting from him.

If so, I'd say ditch the idea and come forth about how much you are going to charge from him.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited July 2019

deank said: If so, I'd say ditch the idea and come forth about how much you are going to charge from him.

The way I think of it:

Scenario 1: Overcharging/reselling without transparency = x months of service before they find a better alternative or do their own research and get mad

Scenario 2: Honesty and adding value with transparency = y months of happy service

y > x. Even if you are just greedy.

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime Daniel15
  • If it helps, we offer whitelabel resource pools which can be resold (WHMCS module available).
    Our host nodes hostname is whitelabelled and so can the virtualizor panel if you decide to allow your clients to use it.
    Any research undertaken by your client will go back to our DC provider without showing us in the loop. Our DC provider only provides dedicated servers so your client will be hard pressed to know you are reselling.
    As @Mic-hael points out, transparency goes a long way, but in such a fickle market, your clients are bound to leave regardless if they are happy or not once they find your VPS provider for cheaper price.
    We currently have a resource pool offer for £8.99/m in Kansas City with:

120GB SSD
    12vCores
    12GB RAM
    2 IPv4
    12 /64 IPv6
    Unmetered Bandwidth @ 1gbps

This pool is stackable but will leave you with a huge amount of excess RAM, vCores, IPs and little storage remaining in your pool.
    The other alternative would be to add additional SSDs at £0.99 per 10GB.
    In both cases, I cant help but think you would be better off with your own dedi and actually providing the service yourself.

Thanked by 2uptime Ympker
  • oh wow! lot of assumptions here.

In every and all business, you are trying to make a buck. Makes no sense to not make any money and run a business. The LET model can not be sustained for a long time. If you import/export, you price your product as you will and you don't disclose your supplier or manufacturer.

The thing is that most VPS providers don't have a reseller model. Whereby they have a price for retail clients and a price for resellers. If they had that, this would not be an issue. Client could find out who the actual provider is but would see the rack/retail rate.

@mansoor said:
    The LET model can not be sustained for a long time.

Most hosts here don't intent to last long enough to begin with. Even HostMantis ran with 20 cents profit per account.

• deank said: profit

What is this?

A heresy on LET.

• @HostDoc said:

120GB SSD
    12vCores
    12GB RAM
    2 IPv4
    12 /64 IPv6

Is there a link for this offer? I looked on the website and couldn't find it.

Thanked by 1captainwasabi
  • @rpollestad said:

@HostDoc said:

120GB SSD
    12vCores
    12GB RAM
    2 IPv4
    12 /64 IPv6

Yes, there is.
    Here is the offer page with the link

Thanked by 1rpollestad
  • @HostDoc said:

@rpollestad said:

@HostDoc said:

120GB SSD
    12vCores
    12GB RAM
    2 IPv4
    12 /64 IPv6

Yes, there is.

This is good potassium here. I actually purchased two and made a mega monster VPS out of them.

Watching 24 threads in htop is zen-like :)

If you plan to resell, you could always add extra IP addresses and effectively sell whatever plans you like within that allocation of resources using the virtualizor panel. It's probably worth mentioning there's a free whmcs plugin to automate the process if that tickles your fancy.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Long-term, the only way to make this arrangement work, is if you throw in easily measured value like x hours of tech support. (an answered phone call is nice, when SHTF)

Also known as managed VPS.

Also your required offer specs are a little hard to carve out for most providers.
    Else, you're better off building out large ssd arrays on a hetzner dedi or something, for reselling.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@dahartigan said:

@HostDoc said:

@rpollestad said:

@HostDoc said:

120GB SSD
    12vCores
    12GB RAM
    2 IPv4
    12 /64 IPv6

Yes, there is.

This is good potassium here. I actually purchased two and made a mega monster VPS out of them.

Watching 24 threads in htop is zen-like :)

If you plan to resell, you could always add extra IP addresses and effectively sell whatever plans you like within that allocation of resources using the virtualizor panel. It's probably worth mentioning there's a free whmcs plugin to automate the process if that tickles your fancy.

If only I had the money to idle it ;)

Thanked by 1captainwasabi
  • @mansoor
    When I say whitelabelling is a scummy business, I mean this kind of white labelling when you're increasing prices and not providing any other benefit (whether it would be support for the customer or warrantee). You're clearly trying to buy a product and resell it for a higher price without any other added benefit. If there was an actual benefit to going through you, your customers wouldn't care about the price that you pay, but it looks like they do. You are the scum of the world, taking advantage of other people's ignorance and making (a sizable?) amount of money off of it.

• @Bopie said:
    The issue is that if a person is clever enough they can simply check what asn the ip runs under thus finding the business easily, as mentioned it could be possible to get your own asn but then you would need a minimum of a /24 to announce under your own brand.

Even after that they can just run an MTR and realize that the last hop was the provider.

• @ehhthing said:
    @mansoor
    When I say whitelabelling is a scummy business, I mean this kind of white labelling when you're increasing prices and not providing any other benefit (whether it would be support for the customer or warrantee). You're clearly trying to buy a product and resell it for a higher price without any other added benefit. If there was an actual benefit to going through you, your customers wouldn't care about the price that you pay, but it looks like they do. You are the scum of the world, taking advantage of other people's ignorance and making (a sizable?) amount of money off of it.

I fond the provider that is reliable - cost effective. They are paying someone double the price right now than what they will pay through me. The added benefit is me spending hours on LowEndTalk talking to fools and figuring out who the most reliable providers are. Me having VPSes from multiple providers to monitor service and uptime. Its call consulting charge. Everyone would like free advise! However advise and help finding the right provider is worth its weight in gold!

Just because someone does not understand consulting business does not make it scammy business.

• @mansoor said:

@ehhthing said:
    @mansoor

I fond the provider that is reliable - cost effective. They are paying someone double the price right now than what they will pay through me. The added benefit is me spending hours on LowEndTalk talking to fools and figuring out who the most reliable providers are. Me having VPSes from multiple providers to monitor service and uptime. Its call consulting charge. Everyone would like free advise! However advise and help finding the right provider is worth its weight in gold!

Just because someone does not understand consulting business does not make it scammy business.

I say this again: does your client believe that your consultation is worth the amount of money you charge?

• @mansoor said:

@ehhthing said:
    @mansoor

When I invoice my customers, I explain what work I did for them. I'm upfront whether the service is mine or not. I don't have to hide anything, I'm their technical contact for first or third party services. They know they pay Crashplan for their service and me if I need to contact Crashplan on their behalf. I don't need to be Crashplan Middle man with markup.

• cazrzcazrz Member

Look for someone that uses softlayer.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

In my analysis, optimal leveraged synergy will be achieved from robust execution of a 3-point action plan based on a strategic SoftLayer™ utilization.

Thanked by 1vimalware