Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is all The insane deals? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is all The insane deals?

Comments

• You must have missed PSK Hosting's excellent deals. Sign up for their newsletter for most updated deals that most provider's BF deals don't even come close.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@DA_Mark said:

@ITLabs said:

@willie said:
    Another idea, maybe impractical for LET: register an ICANN TLD and sell super cheap random domains on it, like pay $1/year and get assigned tDrqqB29.random or whatever (you don't get to pick it yourself). Adds some minor amount of privacy, keeps stuff cheap, kills domain squatting.

You can always go with Freenom .TK / .ML / .GA / .CF / .GQ free domains, no?

Isn't there a risk of being put into a pigeonhole?

Man, this is wicked. No one's gonna put stuff in the pigeon's hole, man... :lol:

The moment your domain gets significant traffic, you must begin paying for it? I could be wrong, but I thought that was the basis of the Freenom strategy.

Seriously now, I wasn't aware of this tks. Anyway I would never use it for anything important, since the registrant acts as user of domain name, not as licensee.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • williewillie Member

Oh heh, I forgot all about 1mb.site. I actually need something like it right now. I'll see if it helps.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@willie said:
    Oh heh, I forgot all about 1mb.site. I actually need something like it right now. I'll see if it helps.

I just took another look - it's an interesting system, but seems to be neither fish nor fowl (whatever that means)

The free version doesn't allow (nor have much room for) images.

The "pro" version provides 5 gb of space but is a bit pricey (from a low-end point of view) - $5 monthly or $36 per year

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2019

Sitemagic ‘free’ version.

Connect domain Yes
    Website storage 100 MB
    E-mail accounts 1/50 MB/ webmail only/3aliases.
    Limited templates
    SSL yes

They host on DO I think. Fast, been using for 2 months as a wip and it’s monsoon season here so will have to wait till April next year to find about “summer”.

You only have to log in atleast once per month to keep account active. They also have paid versions tho they seem above LET threshold.

Thanked by 2uptime willie
  • Be a man
    Do the right fing

• RedSoxRedSox Member

@failhostings said:
    There's literally 1 euro KVM deals what do you want more? Well except shared since cPanel feeled the need to nutt

Link, please.

• Where are the OVH Limited Edition deals at? Haven't seen one in a long time. Think the Germany one was the last time I saw one and that was like in February or something.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited July 2019

@RedSox said:

@failhostings said:
    There's literally 1 euro KVM deals what do you want more? Well except shared since cPanel feeled the need to nutt

Link, please.

Right here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158950/summer-madness-free-direct-admin-licence-multiple-locations-from-less-than-1-m-equivalent

Germany
    Xeon E3-1245v6

1vCore 
    512MB RAM
    7GB NVMe SSD
    Unlimited Bandwidth @ 1gbps
    £10/y

If you want something actually insane.. how about a KVM with 12 threads, 12gb ram, 120gb ssd, 2x IPv4 and 12x /64 of IPv6 on a Xeon E7-4870 in Kansas City with unmetered gigabit and nested virtualization enabled? For 8.99/month GBP

It gets crazier and absolutely insane when you stack and combine.. imagine 24 vcores, etc.

Link: https://clientsarea.hostdoc.co.uk/cart.php?a=add&pid=910

Thanked by 2RedSox captainwasabi
  • @dahartigan said:

@RedSox said:

@failhostings said:

Link, please.

Right here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158950/summer-madness-free-direct-admin-licence-multiple-locations-from-less-than-1-m-equivalent

Germany
    Xeon E3-1245v6

1vCore 
    512MB RAM
    7GB NVMe SSD
    Unlimited Bandwidth @ 1gbps
    £10/y

If you want something actually insane.. how about a KVM with 12 threads, 12gb ram, 120gb ssd, 2x IPv4 and 12x /64 of IPv6 on a Xeon E7-4870 in Kansas City with unmetered gigabit and nested virtualization enabled? For 8.99/month GBP

It gets crazier and absolutely insane when you stack and combine.. imagine 24 vcores, etc.

Good deal giv me more!

• @dahartigan said:

Where is this plan described? Either on LET or the hosting website.

Thanked by 1captainwasabi
  • I am hoarding all the good deals in my cave!!!! Mwahahahaha my plan to take over the world is coming to fruition!

Thanked by 2uptime Janevski
  • All the good deal companies go belly up. Tis the circle of life ending in your pocket.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@huntercop said:
    All the good deal companies go belly up. Tis the circle of life ending in your pocket.

Deep thought.

• willie said: because of ipv4 depletion

Think that sums it up, wrt unmanaged low end VPS' anyway

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2019

Are you interested in IPv6 only VPS? You could probably get some good old deals then. IPv4 though.. not gonna happen (so frequently) anymore.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

What is your definition of a good deal?
    Honest question as most offers posted on LET is now frowned upon.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@mikho said:

The definition of good deal is: I dont need it, but I want it

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs

@FAT32 said:

@mikho said:

The definition of good deal is: I dont need it, but I want it

If it’s to good to be true, it probably is.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Insane deals are only good if it is a limited offer. Otherwise, you need to run.

• @Ympker said:
    Are you interested in IPv6 only VPS? You could probably get some good old deals then. IPv4 though.. not gonna happen (so frequently) anymore.

IPv6 is meh ipv4 nat is go 🔥

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:

Any good deals you can recommend?

@v3ng said:

@Ympker said:

Any good deals you can recommend?

Whats the specs you want/need?

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Just a small KVM with NAT/ IPv6 only for a few bucks a year.

• williewillie Member

v3ng said: Just a small KVM with NAT/ IPv6 only for a few bucks a year.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156440/nanokvm-free-nat-kvm-multiple-locations

• Any good deals today?

• captainwasabicaptainwasabi Member
    edited July 2019

@cybertech said:

Any good deals today?

Pulled the trigger on a 4g server in NC with this:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3001310#Comment_3001310>;

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited July 2019

Francisco said: Both of those things are originally BuyVM's marketing. The idea of slices and dedicated resources too. Now everyones on that band wagon :P

That's not exactly an idea but a rewording of what usually happens. I applaud your intuition and great service, but at the end of the day, it's just marketing.

Sure, some hosts won't tell you that you're allowed X share of cpu per plan or their ToS might say something different but we both know that you could get away with more or less the same cpu share you offer in almost any other host. It's just that they don't present the idea the same way. Like, I could use X share of the cpu you offer but that's normal, it's not like I get a specific share on the IO as well, that's where the trick lies.

Look at Wishosting, they offered "dedicated cores" and you can stack them into a single vps just like you do even before you did, but they just don't word it the same way.

Anyways I'm taking philosophy and just wanted to argue for fun, honestly I have a lot of respect for you for how you have managed your business and the service that you give, but I find this statement just cunning, cheap but cunning.

• williewillie Member

duckeeyuck said: Look at Wishosting, they offered "dedicated cores"

I don't remember Wishosting ever doing that. They offer unlimited cpu plans that are fair share on shared cores. The high priced cloud services have dedicated cores but they are not in the LET price segment. The smaller BuyVM slice plans are actually fear inducing (why would I want to be stuck on 1/8th of a core) but they work pretty well in practice.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2019

@Learntolive There aren't any more Low End deals.
    In the good old days, we used to get soooo much fun for one dollar per month... But not anymore.
    In fact, i've personally stopped using any third party hosting or whatsoever.
    Guess i should leave my badge and gun potatoe and budget chicken sausage, as well and be done with it.
    Anyhow, i blame ipv4 and it's lack thereof.