Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

About storage for cpanel server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About storage for cpanel server

shilenoshileno Member
edited June 2019 in Help

Hi

Currently I have a dedicated server (e3-1230 16GB ram and raid1 HDD) and a vps KVM (6 cores e3-1240v3 24GB ram and SSD storage). The server has 350 cpanel accounts and the vps has 670, the vast majority small sites in wordpress or joomla.

Load average of vps is 2.0 to 4.0
Load average of server is 3.0 to 5.0

The new server would be the following

Dual Intel Xeon CPU E5-2660v2 20/40 core
64gb ram
2x 1TB Enterprise SSD
1x 1.2TB NVME enterprise

Among all the accounts I currently use approx 800GB, then I do not know what would be the best way to use the storage, would it be a good idea to use the NVME disk as the main one and the SSD in raid 0 for internal backup? (I also use remote backup)

Also I have the doubt of if the server will be too much for what I really use, I have also seen the servers with NVME in Hetzner i7-8700 and i9-9900K

What saves me on licenses could be spent on software like litespeed and imunify360

I need opinions

Comments

• imokimok Member

If the data and uptime are not so important, you can go with that volatile storage.

If not, you crazy, use redundancy!

• Make a huge kvm and buy a Cpanel vps license, use all drives then store backups in a cloud solution.