Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN)

Comments

• @Ouji said:
    Also, the files I download gave me an AUTH failed error, even tough both fields are alright.

The same here for Fastestvpn.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@solaire said:

@Ympker said:

@Ouji said:
    Ended going with the $24 Ivacy deal. Just disappointed that are not a lot of servers using OpenVPN. Also, the files I download gave me an AUTH failed error, even tough both fields are alright.

Stacksocial wouldn't let me use DN40 to get it for 24$ when I tried ordering for my friend (as I already have it). Did you use another coupon?

That coupon only works on the Ivacy + NAT firewall bundle as far as I'm aware.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-lifetime-subscription-5

Thanks, worked!

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@mtsbatalha said:

@Ouji said:
    Also, the files I download gave me an AUTH failed error, even tough both fields are alright.

Never had that issue. Gotta try when I'm home. Just downloading any file returns an error? E.g. Hetzner 100MB Test

• @Ympker said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@Ouji said:

Never had that issue. Gotta try when I'm home. Just downloading any file returns an error? E.g. Hetzner 100MB Test

NO, the problem happens while is logging up.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Any reviews about Ivacy here?

thanks!

• OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: Stacksocial wouldn't let me use DN40 to get it for 24$ when I tried ordering for my friend (as I already have it). Did you use another coupon?

Like he said, the coupon only works with the NAT firewall addon.

-

mtsbatalha said: The same here for Fastestvpn.

I just got a reply from Ivacy support (opened the ticket less than 12 hours ago, 11pm EST) and they responded an hour ago.

Anyway, they provided me a different username for the OpenVPN files. The password should be the same I'm using

So, you'll probably need to ask them the username for OpenVPN files.

That's kind an issue, but for Ivacy they responded really quickly, so I'm okay with that for now.

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha Ympker
  • I figured I'd give FastestVPN a try given the very low price. I've only done a little testing, but so far I'm not impressed with the Mac client. It's horribly buggy and contains misspellings in the interface.

Is it worthwhile to install the browser extension? I'm afraid that the quality level will be similar to that of the Mac client...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • If someone is interested to take two lifetime fastest vpn accounts for 10 bucks. Please pm me.

• anyone have a spare Cylance key they don't need?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@mtsbatalha said:
    Any reviews about Ivacy here?

thanks!

I have been happy with Ivacy for the past years. Can't complain. Use it for unblocking/streaming :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: Stacksocial wouldn't let me use DN40 to get it for 24$ when I tried ordering for my friend (as I already have it). Did you use another coupon?

Like he said, the coupon only works with the NAT firewall addon.

-

mtsbatalha said: The same here for Fastestvpn.

I just got a reply from Ivacy support (opened the ticket less than 12 hours ago, 11pm EST) and they responded an hour ago.

Anyway, they provided me a different username for the OpenVPN files. The password should be the same I'm using

So, you'll probably need to ask them the username for OpenVPN files.

That's kind an issue, but for Ivacy they responded really quickly, so I'm okay with that for now.

Can't remember I had to do this in the past with my Ivacy plan. Might be newly introduced system. Windscribe also gives you a different ovpn username than your acc name.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@mtsbatalha said:
    If someone is interested to take two lifetime fastest vpn accounts for 10 bucks. Please pm me.

Why looking to sell suddenly? :P

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@aj_potc said:
    I figured I'd give FastestVPN a try given the very low price. I've only done a little testing, but so far I'm not impressed with the Mac client. It's horribly buggy and contains misspellings in the interface.

Is it worthwhile to install the browser extension? I'm afraid that the quality level will be similar to that of the Mac client...

Don't bother using their custom windows/mac/android clients (all buggy just like Ivacy) . Do manual openvpn setup and you'll be fine :) Chrome Extension has worked well for me.

Thanked by 1aj_potc
  • beaglebeagle Member

@Ympker said:

@aj_potc said:
    I figured I'd give FastestVPN a try given the very low price. I've only done a little testing, but so far I'm not impressed with the Mac client. It's horribly buggy and contains misspellings in the interface.

>

Don't bother using their custom windows/mac/android clients (all buggy just like Ivacy) . Do manual openvpn setup and you'll be fine :) Chrome Extension has worked well for me.

What problems did you guys find in the Android app? I've only tested a couple of times, but I had no problems so far.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@beagle said:

@Ympker said:

@aj_potc said:

>

What problems did you guys find in the Android app? I've only tested a couple of times, but I had no problems so far.

The "Connect" button was bugged often. Couldn't connect sometimes or wouldn't properly disconnect.

Thanked by 1beagle
  • mtsbatalha said: Any reviews about Ivacy here?

Ive been using them for half year so far.. Dont like the apps as they are bugged most of the time, but extensions work great, never had problems with unblocking streaming. Also i use only their RU-UDP openvpn sometimes when i need it, works very well.. After nord and express and other companies removed russian locations, ivacy openvpn is the only one that works so far, so cant complain. I cant comment for torrenting coz my speed is 30/1Mpbs so i got full speed of down/up when tested. Overall i would go for this promo as is cheap af, and i think lifetime is 5 years there so.. 24 will be good spend if they last in the next 5 years :D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • beagle said: What problems did you guys find in the Android app? I've only tested a couple of times, but I had no problems so far.

Very slow speeds, and also could not disconnect properly too. Cant remember others..

Thanked by 1beagle
  • @beagle said:

Didn't try that one yet. But, on the Mac client, the connect/disconnect function seems to get out of sync with the actual status of the network adapter. It's clear they have some issues interfacing with the network stack. I also got various messages from the Mac OS asking repeatedly for the VPN auth info. Very annoying. Eventually you just have to kill the process.

Thanked by 1beagle
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

Better to set it up manually using OpenVPN :)

• @Ympker said:

Will do. Thanks for the tip!

Are you still having luck with unblocking US Netflix? I've tried a few locations, and so far no dice.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • BarisBaris Member

Got also the promo.

Imported all my preferred locations via OpenVPN, working good so far.

Didn't unblock BBB iPlayer for me, tried out the Chrome extension with UK Location 2 and it worked without problems.

I am also using the extension on Android via Kiwi Browser.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@aj_potc said:

@Ympker said:

Will do. Thanks for the tip!

Are you still having luck with unblocking US Netflix? I've tried a few locations, and so far no dice.

FastestVPN was buggy for me yesterday so resorted to Ivacy. Ivacy worked :)

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited June 2019

Do you guys think that FatestVPN / Ivacy will still be there in a few years?

This kind of offers are not sustainable. Of course some people buy it and never use it, which is profitable, but I don't understand why a company starts selling lifetime packages so cheap, unless they are trying to make a few buck before having to lower costs again to get some fresh cash. Could be to get known and harvest some fresh reviews, but these "special deals" appear quite often to really be "special".

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@datanoise said:
    Do you guys think that FatestVPN / Ivacy will still be there in a few years?

This kind of offers are not sustainable. Of course some people buy it and never use it, which is profitable, but I don't understand why a company starts selling lifetime packages so cheap, unless they are trying to make a few buck before having to lower costs again to get some fresh cash. Could be to get known and harvest some fresh reviews, but these "special deals" appear quite often to really be "special".

Well, Ivacy seems to have been around since 2007/2008 (or atleast their website):

I have their Lifetime plan since 2 or 3?! years. Can't complain. I once heard that Ivacy/Fastest can offer prices so cheap is because the PureVPN reseller program basically (initially?!) requires no deposit/recurring costs. The resellers only pay a % of the services they sell. See it maybe like ResellersPanel.They provide the infrastructure and their resellers can sell their products at whatever price they want and giving a percentage of the income to ResellersPanel. In this case PureVPN provides the infrastructure so there is no recurring costs for the resellers aside from domain, web host and payment gateaway/staff. And staff maybe is also outsourced from PureVPN, who knows?! Considering all this it is not hard for "Ivacy"/"Fastest" to stick around. It's more like if PureVPN fks up and shuts down, they loose all their infrastructure. Luckily, PureVPN is still going well these days (also due to their paid ads/promotion on review sites etc).

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: I have their Lifetime plan since 2 or 3?! years. Can't complain. I once heard that Ivacy/Fastest can offer prices so cheap is because the PureVPN reseller program basically (initially?!) requires no deposit/recurring costs. The resellers only pay a % of the services they sell. See it maybe like ResellersPanel.They provide the infrastructure and their resellers can sell their products at whatever price they want and giving a percentage of the income to ResellersPanel. In this case PureVPN provides the infrastructure so there is no recurring costs for the resellers aside from domain, web host and payment gateaway/staff. And staff maybe is also outsourced from PureVPN, who knows?! Considering all this it is not hard for "Ivacy"/"Fastest" to stick around. It's more like if PureVPN fks up and shuts down, they loose all their infrastructure. Luckily, PureVPN is still going well these days (also due to their paid ads/promotion on review sites etc).

That's the probably the only reason Ivacy can get away with selling lifetime plans for three years (or even more). If their business had infrastructure costs, it'd not be sustainable in the long run. I think that's the same reason why Windscribe sold lifetime for a few months and then simply stopped.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: I have their Lifetime plan since 2 or 3?! years. Can't complain. I once heard that Ivacy/Fastest can offer prices so cheap is because the PureVPN reseller program basically (initially?!) requires no deposit/recurring costs. The resellers only pay a % of the services they sell. See it maybe like ResellersPanel.They provide the infrastructure and their resellers can sell their products at whatever price they want and giving a percentage of the income to ResellersPanel. In this case PureVPN provides the infrastructure so there is no recurring costs for the resellers aside from domain, web host and payment gateaway/staff. And staff maybe is also outsourced from PureVPN, who knows?! Considering all this it is not hard for "Ivacy"/"Fastest" to stick around. It's more like if PureVPN fks up and shuts down, they loose all their infrastructure. Luckily, PureVPN is still going well these days (also due to their paid ads/promotion on review sites etc).

That's the probably the only reason Ivacy can get away with selling lifetime plans for three years (or even more). If their business had infrastructure costs, it'd not be sustainable in the long run. I think that's the same reason why Windscribe sold lifetime for a few months and then simply stopped.

Yeah, although Windscribe is kinda solid. They never planned to sell lifetime plans forever

• OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: Yeah, although Windscribe is kinda solid. They never planned to sell lifetime plans forever

Exactly. Only a solid company would sell lifetime plans for a while and then stop it. I bought Ivacy lifetime, but I kinda wish Windscribe comes back with the lifetime for BF (maybe 12 hours, I don't know), but I don't think they will

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: Yeah, although Windscribe is kinda solid. They never planned to sell lifetime plans forever

Exactly. Only a solid company would sell lifetime plans for a while and then stop it. I bought Ivacy lifetime, but I kinda wish Windscribe comes back with the lifetime for BF (maybe 12 hours, I don't know), but I don't think they will

I've got both. I think Yegor said lifetime won't come back for WS.

• OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: I've got both. I think Yegor said lifetime won't come back for WS.

I actually wouldn't see a reason to get Ivacy after getting WS. I also already have a paid provider for lifetime (maybe). I got in a free offering of a few free for life subs recurring every year. The guys are not that bad, I just needed Netflix and went for Ivacy.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: I've got both. I think Yegor said lifetime won't come back for WS.

I actually wouldn't see a reason to get Ivacy after getting WS. I also already have a paid provider for lifetime (maybe). I got in a free offering of a few free for life subs recurring every year. The guys are not that bad, I just needed Netflix and went for Ivacy.

Well, I got Ivacy before WS. And at some time Ivacy was more reliably unblocking Flix etc (before WS introduced Windflix). What's more I'm a VPN lifetime addict. I have Ivacy, Fastest, VPN Unlimited, R4AW VPN, Windscribe & Getflix lifetime VPN.