Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2019

icepic said: if I want to get 20GB NVMe disk, budget is 5$, will it possible for this?

You can get 20 GB at chicago at $30/yr, or 20 GB at any location for $5/mth (40 GB at chicago). You also get more ram and more dedicated cpu. Great deal overall!

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@sin said:
    I just had one more quick question :) in the original post it mentioned free DDoS protection at a later date for CHI, does that apply to this sale as well? I got my 3rd CHI server and I love it, I love all three of them :).

Yep it does!

@icepic said:
    if I want to get 20GB NVMe disk, for $20 per year? would it be possible? :)

No that would not be possible.

• OujiOuji Member

So, the deals were over in April. Is any new deal, @Abdullah ?

• donlidonli Member

@Ouji said:

You didn't read through all the posts:

@Abdullah said:
    All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Please see the original post on how to order a server.

Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

• DecicusDecicus Member

@Ouji said:

All of the original deals have been "rebooted" until May 27th:

@Abdullah said:
    All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2976982/#Comment_2976982

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • OujiOuji Member

@donli said:

@Ouji said:

You didn't read through all the posts:

@Abdullah said:

Nope, I didn't.

@Decicus said:

@Ouji said:

All of the original deals have been "rebooted" until May 27th:

@Abdullah said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2976982/#Comment_2976982

Thank you very much.

• icepicicepic Member

smallbibi said: You can get 20 GB at chicago at $30/yr, or 20 GB at any location for $5/mth (40 GB at chicago). You also get more ram and more dedicated cpu. Great deal overall!

Thanks, and I'd like LA more.

Abdullah said: No that would not be possible.

How much budget do you think that would be possible?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@icepic said:

smallbibi said: You can get 20 GB at chicago at $30/yr, or 20 GB at any location for $5/mth (40 GB at chicago). You also get more ram and more dedicated cpu. Great deal overall!

Thanks, and I'd like LA more.

Abdullah said: No that would not be possible.

How much budget do you think that would be possible?

let's make it more clear:

icepic said: How much budget do you think that would be possible?

$30 per year in Chicago with the promotion that gives you double disk (until 27th). $5 per month or $60 per year in any other location.

• Got an 15$/year NVE in Chicago with Impressive speed.
    If only other locations has double bandwidth, I wouldn't hesitate to get one in each location.
    Just ordered 6TB Storage VPS to replace vultr storage.
    Happy birthday, Hosthatch :)

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • hatinhxhatinhx Member

@Abdullah question, why are Chicago packages cheaper than other locations?

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

hatinhx said: why are Chicago packages cheaper than other locations?

Because if all locations came with more nvme space & bandwidth, we would buy too many VPSes and we'd be broke. Temptation is easier to resist this way. :wink:

• poissonpoisson Member

@hatinhx said:

Their 8th anniversary promo coincided with opening of Chicago location. Therefore it is a one-off and you better snap one up before you don't get a chance to anymore.

• GaleejGaleej Member

So CHI 3TB adds up to my collection of 9th server in HostHatch. Thanks @Abdullah

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited May 2019

@Abdullah what happened to the 3Ghz CPU in Chicago? It’s showing 2.8Ghz for a lot of people, myself included.

I’m referring to the Chicago storage nodes.

• OujiOuji Member

Would be possible to connect a CHI Storage instance with a CHI NVMe instance via a VPN and mount the disk of the storage in the NVMe one? Would that bandwidth be counted towards the one in the plans?

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

Ouji said: connect a CHI Storage instance with a CHI NVMe instance

Sure, there is an internal/private network. If you use it no bandwidth between the two boxes wil be counted:

Abdullah said: Yes, we have a separated 10 Gbps network with jumbo frames enabled. You can ask support to assign you a private network ip/interface if you do not have it on your server already. This network is not billed and is actually built keeping the storage/nvme combination in mind - see https://hosthatch.com/features

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • OujiOuji Member

@datanoise said:

Ouji said: connect a CHI Storage instance with a CHI NVMe instance

Sure, there is an internal/private network. If you use it no bandwidth between the two boxes wil be counted:

Abdullah said: Yes, we have a separated 10 Gbps network with jumbo frames enabled. You can ask support to assign you a private network ip/interface if you do not have it on your server already. This network is not billed and is actually built keeping the storage/nvme combination in mind - see https://hosthatch.com/features

Thank you! Do you know any guides in setting up a mounted volume from a VPN server?

• ernie88ernie88 Member

I have made a deposit and opened a ticket with sales already. But then remembered that I haven't seen anywhere info about a dedicated IPv4. Guys, did you get one with your VPSs?

• CrelingCreling Member

@ernie88 said:
    I have made a deposit and opened a ticket with sales already. But then remembered that I haven't seen anywhere info about a dedicated IPv4. Guys, did you get one with your VPSs?

of course.
    Generally speaking, if is not specifically marked with 'NAT', the vps always has a dedicated ipv4

• ernie88ernie88 Member

@Creling said:

@ernie88 said:

of course.
    Generally speaking, if is not specifically marked with 'NAT', the vps always has a dedicated ipv4

Awesome, thanks for the info and prompt reply. I'm new here so didn't know that.

• solairesolaire Member

@ernie88 said:

Can confirm my 250 GB storage box in AMS has dedicated IPv4. Works like a charm, great value for the money. Thanks @Abdullah !

• I purchased a VPS a few days ago but it doesn't show up in my panel. Can you check out the ticket #347064 please? Thank you very much!

• emperoremperor Member

@Windmm said:
    I purchased a VPS a few days ago but it doesn't show up in my panel. Can you check out the ticket #347064 please? Thank you very much!

@Abdullah said: Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

@hatinhx said:

This is promotional pricing. But this largely depends on our operating costs too. Oslo or Stockholm obviously cost far more than LA for example (also factoring in shipping costs, customs/import fees, etc as we ship everything from the US), but we try to keep uniform pricing across all locations as much as possible.

We're also expanding Sydney and introducing NVMe plans there soon, and it will possibly be the most expensive location in terms of our operating costs, but we will still try to keep uniform pricing there.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    @Abdullah what happened to the 3Ghz CPU in Chicago? It’s showing 2.8Ghz for a lot of people, myself included.

I’m referring to the Chicago storage nodes.

This one is on me, very sorry about this. I thought we shipped a different CPU model than the one we did. There is not much I can do at this point other than to sincerely apologize and admit my mistake.

I know at least two people who opened tickets about this and asked to be upgraded to 2 cores because of this mistake - this is not something we'll be doing and would rather provide a full refund for my mistake. Again, I am very sorry about this.

@Ouji said:

Thank you! Do you know any guides in setting up a mounted volume from a VPN server?

There's multiple ways to mount a disk over the network, you should be able to easily find some good guides online about this.

@Windmm said:
    I purchased a VPS a few days ago but it doesn't show up in my panel. Can you check out the ticket #347064 please? Thank you very much!

Should be ok now.

Thanked by 2datanoise Ouji
  • uptimeuptime Member

at least two people who opened tickets about this and asked to be upgraded to 2 cores

smh ... I'm all for "truth in advertising" but the cpu is fine, really.

On the Chicago storage beasties I'm on, I see:

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    stepping        : 4
    microcode       : 0x1
    cpu MHz         : 2799.998
    cache size      : 16384 KB
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat 
    pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc 
    arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 
    x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm ssbd 
    ibrs ibpb stibp kaiser fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms xsaveopt arat

(same on both the 1 TB and the 3 TB for me)

intel marketing info actually claims 3.5 GHz turbo speed for the E5-2680 v2, for whatever that's worth, if you want to get technical about it.

I'm not a benchmark maven, but for some typical operations I care about:

(note - tested writing to LVM on LUKS rather than raw disk, if that makes much difference)

with 1 E5-2680 core on the 1 TB Chicago storage instance, it takes 8 or 9 seconds to do a sha256sum on a 1 GB file, and 9 or 10 seconds to encrypt 1 GB with the command:

openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -md sha256

so plenty good enough for my purposes. Rate limiting factors for my storage use is generally network, which has been pleasingly fast.

• Chicago storage is out of this world... Maybe the node dont have many ppl?

Chicago storage is now sold out.

All other plans are available for another ~33 hours.

• skorousskorous Member

"Chicago storage" being the first option in the title post, so 1T and 250G plans are still available?

@skorous said:
    "Chicago storage" being the first option in the title post, so 1T and 250G plans are still available?

That would be all storage plans in Chicago. Storage plans in other locations are available.

Thanked by 1skorous
This discussion has been closed.