Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• sinsin Member

@ras07 said:
    Really impressed with my Hosthatch VPS so far.

One curiosity ... my /var/log/syslog is full of this kind of thing:

May 15 18:28:58 ns0 systemd-timesyncd[457]: Timed out waiting for reply from 91.189.91.157:123 (ntp.ubuntu.com). May 15 18:29:08 ns0 systemd-timesyncd[457]: Timed out waiting for reply from 91.189.94.4:123 (ntp.ubuntu.com). May 15 18:29:18 ns0 systemd-timesyncd[457]: Timed out waiting for reply from 91.189.89.198:123 (ntp.ubuntu.com).
    Does anyone know if Hosthatch blocks UDP 123 outbound? Should I disable my NTP client? (Ubuntu 18.4 btw)

No real clock drift problem so far so not a big concern and I'm not going to bother HH with a ticket; just curious if others see something similar.

I'm running Debian 9 and it's working fine for me connecting to debian's ntp server via 123.

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@ras07 said:

Does anyone know if Hosthatch blocks UDP 123 outbound?

Unlikely.

Should I disable my NTP client? (Ubuntu 18.4 btw)

No, but you should be pointing it to some ntp servers other than ntp.ubuntu.com.

https://www.pool.ntp.org

Where is your VPS - Chicago?

• skorousskorous Member

I know it's an obvious one but perhaps they enabled ipfilter? On the Centos images they have firewalld enabled by default thought maybe it's the same for Ubuntu.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

Hello, I want to install centos 7 on the 3tb storage box. What is the best way to create a partition? It's mainly used for backup archival. Thnx

• @plumberg said:
    Hello, I want to install centos 7 on the 3tb storage box. What is the best way to create a partition? It's mainly used for backup archival. Thnx

I have the same. Install from iso and novnc then select automatic partitioning, it should install in lvm and i see the whole 3TB are available.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • sinsin Member

@Abdullah do you know when we might be able to create/deploy Chicago servers that are regularly priced in the Hosthatch panel?

• kvhoangkvhoang Member

@Abdussamad my friend would like to have 1 Linux VPS as well. can you give my friend a same deal for Chicago ?

• @kvhoang said:
    @Abdussamad my friend would like to have 1 Linux VPS as well. can you give my friend a same deal for Chicago ?

Hi. I am your friend.

• mariusbmariusb Member

Does anyone else have the issue with payments at HostHatch ? There is no payment method available !

• sanvitsanvit Member

@mariusb said:
    Does anyone else have the issue with payments at HostHatch ? There is no payment method available !

Just checked and having the same issue. Also, the pay to : part is missing

• mariusbmariusb Member

Yes, i tried to upgrade my vps and when i wanted to pay but i can't :) I opened a ticket but no response.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@mariusb said:
    Yes, i tried to upgrade my vps and when i wanted to pay but i can't :) I opened a ticket but no response.

Their legacy portal ( portal.hosthatch.com ) is missing clientarea.php maybe that's causing the issue?

• mariusbmariusb Member

I think that's the old portal. I am on manage.hosthatch.com

• sanvitsanvit Member

@mariusb said:
    I think that's the old portal. I am on manage.hosthatch.com

afaik their new portal is just a new frontend of their old portal. You can login to the old portal and see your recent tickets, etc (the new chicago plan is also available on their old portal!)

• mariusbmariusb Member

I am using Europe only. Never used their old portal.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2019

@sin said:
    @Abdullah do you know when we might be able to create/deploy Chicago servers that are regularly priced in the Hosthatch panel?

Should be possible in a few days from now.

@mariusb said:

We were making some changes and disabled payments for a short while.

Due to several requests, we'll likely open orders for all of the plans available in the original post on 25th May for 48 hours. I will update here if/when the orders are open. I am posting here a week in advance so people do not miss out.

• add_iTadd_iT Member

@Abdullah
    Are $15 250GB storage plans still available?
    And do you support Freebsd OS?
    I need one for my project

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • solairesolaire Member

@add_iT said:
    @Abdullah
    Are $15 250GB storage plans still available?
    I need one for my project

Just read the post right above yours....

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • CrabCrab Member

@add_iT said:

Yes, I have FreeBSD on all four storage plans with them.

Thanked by 1add_iT
  • My wallet is ready.

• ras07ras07 Member

@donli said:

@ras07 said:

Does anyone know if Hosthatch blocks UDP 123 outbound?

Unlikely.

Should I disable my NTP client? (Ubuntu 18.4 btw)

No, but you should be pointing it to some ntp servers other than ntp.ubuntu.com.

https://www.pool.ntp.org

Where is your VPS - Chicago?

Yes ... I wonder if ntp.ubuntu.com thinks the IP is still in Germany and doesn't want to talk to me.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Please see the original post on how to order a server.

Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

• donlidonli Member

@Abdullah said:
    All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Setup time will be 24 hours (orders on the weekend will be provisioned on Monday). This applies to all locations.

Let the frenzy begin!

• SkanderSkander Member

@Abdullah said:

Snagged a storage plan, thanks!

• I bought a NVMe VPS when the deal was opened in April 12th. Can I order one more now?

Thanked by 1limited
  • donlidonli Member

@yakblack said:
    I bought a NVMe VPS when the deal was opened in April 12th. Can I order one more now?

Why not?

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

Abdullah said: All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Nice, thanks!

How is the network in AMS? On last BF thread, some people from the US west coast / Pacific region had some performance issue and routing as well as speed were better to STO. Is it still the case? If some LET members have a server there and can share their experience that would be nice!

• solairesolaire Member

@datanoise said:

Abdullah said: All of the deals in the original post are valid from now to the end of 27th May in PDT. That is about 96 hours.

Nice, thanks!

How is the network in AMS? On last BF thread, some people from the US west coast / Pacific region had some performance issue and routing as well as speed were better to STO. Is it still the case? If some LET members have a server there and can share their experience that would be nice!

There are looking glasses and test files for each location.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • GaleejGaleej Member

@Abdullah Chicago storage plan available now to order? I thought it will start from 25th.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@Abdullah

Any idea when storage plans will be available in NY? Thanka

This discussion has been closed.