Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to upload data from local server (website) to Data sharing site via RDP server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to upload data from local server (website) to Data sharing site via RDP server

Hi, i know it's sound complicated but i think it's possible.

I have a website in my local (only for this internet users) where i can get all movie,software,tv show etc. it's hosted on 192.168.20.52 IP site called dodear.com

So i want to upload directly from there to any data sharing site that possible for i.e dropbox with or without RDP

Example: I want to upload movie from there to dropbox with RDP or without RDP. i don't want to download from there and upload it.

Obviously i can't use that site out of this internet that's why i can't download it.

If movie download for me is http://kcs.english.dodear.com/movies/english/s/Spiderman Boxset/Spiderman.3.2007.DUB.avi

then can't i used it's IP 192.168.20.52 and directory location to upload on RDP or sharing site.

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

It's possible but will be subject to YOUR internet upload speed and quota

Also: your isp really fucking provides warez?

• t0mt0m Member

Transfer via RDP will be slow.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

After reading for like 5 times, I still can't understand what he's trying to achieve :joy:

• @feezioxiii said:
    After reading for like 5 times, I still can't understand what he's trying to achieve :joy:

I'm a bit confused as well. To my understanding he has a website script setup on localhost that let's him dl videos/media (like a youtubedl with gui) and he then wants to upload that automatically or via RDP to his remote server. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You could automatically sync local and remote folder via (S)FTP instead using WinSCP.

• If I am understanding him correctly, what he needs is Microsoft Flow to send the files from his server directly into Dropbox or Google Drive. Here's a guide on how to do it.

I have not used this, but the guide seems to explain things simply enough, assuming you can set up an FTP service on your local server (I am assuming you have a static IP as well so that the host address doesn't change all the time, which will break the automation). The free plan allows you 750 runs per month, which means you can probably scan your FTP directory for changes roughly once every hour.

Hope this helps.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • I think that author just wants to watch movie outside his ISP intranet with that kind'a'share.
    So I think that easiest way is to make proxy on localpc and add route for kcs.english.dodear.com.
    So all traffic from side of dodear will go via intranet.

• @Ympker
    @poisson
    understand me correctly, but here is main problem.

Listen carefully i want to upload movie from 1 site to google drive or dropbox.
    that site only for this internet users (local server) when i ping it. It's respond 192.168.20.52 this IP.

so i hope you understand, only we(this internet user) can down movie from that site.

i don't want to download and then upload.

I want that the PC where this site hosted directly make public link which is impossible right? because for that i need that pc/server details.

so here is 2nd option we have that somehow we get download link for example 192.168.20.52/asdasdass.mp4 and we go wget in our VPS or from our RDP to come over my pc and access that site via my internet and take data automatically.

I know it's sounds strange but i can't explain it.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@ParaNoID said:
    192.168.20.52/asdasdass.mp4
    I know it's sounds strange but i can't explain it.

No further explanation necessary.

• I am even more confused than before, sorry. I will read it again later, when I am not busy.

• @Ympker said:
    I am even more confused than before, sorry. I will read it again later, when I am not busy.

the more i explain, more you will be confused, because i'm also confused how to explain you guys.

i will reply with all details tomorrow because freaking tired right now. If someone still understand me then please help me. i want to build a movie website.

• t0mt0m Member

Maybe it helps if you draw the situation with the pc's/site's and from where to where the data must go.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @t0m said:
    Maybe it helps if you draw the situation with the pc's/site's and from where to where the data must go.

This might be a good idea, because right now the problem sounds to me like:

Thanked by 3eol t0m uptime
  • He has a provider, which have local service for his clients. This service for only ISP users. This service offers only for users connected inside internal providers network watch different movies and etc trash stuff.

This provider offers his local DNS servers for his users, and restrict anyone else (from different IP pool/providers) to access internal providers network.

All that he is asking for: "how to make a VPN on his own pc, to have access to his own pc outside the internet and do the stuff like he is inside his provider, while he is not (because he is connected with VPN".

That is how I understand it.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • @desperand said:
    He has a provider, which have local service for his clients. This service for only ISP users. This service offers only for users connected inside internal providers network watch different movies and etc trash stuff.

This provider offers his local DNS servers for his users, and restrict anyone else (from different IP pool/providers) to access internal providers network.

All that he is asking for: "how to make a VPN on his own pc, to have access to his own pc outside the internet and do the stuff like he is inside his provider, while he is not (because he is connected with VPN".

That is how I understand it.

Now that is a totally different story than what I had imagined lol.

Thanked by 2desperand uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited March 2019

i don't want to download from there and upload it

Okay ... without understanding any details about OP's situation beyond that ...

I often do something similar on linux using ssh proxy for scp transfer

From your mention of "with or without RDP" it's not clear to me if you are only able to use Windows for some reason?

It may be possible to do the same thing using ssh on Windows (I don't know, I don't do windows.)

See (for example) https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-ssh-proxycommand-passing-through-one-host-gateway-server/ for details germane to teh linux.

Not sure if this is helpful for OP's specific scenario but maybe useful for similar "want to pass through without download/upload dance" that often comes up when navigating networks.

EDIT2:

Using ssh keys along with ssh-agent helps to make this (and other things) much easier to manage in terms of authentication.

Also the .ssh/config file is helpful for further convenience.

EDIT3:

see also https://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20070925181947 - comments suggest variations using flags for the scp commamd etc. Pretty much the same core mechanism at work I think.

Thanked by 2eol Ympker
  • FalzoFalzo Member

there is no way without the data going through OPs router/pc.

he can either down- and upload or use a local vpn/proxy - which essentially is the same dl+ul, just without saving it. as he said he does not want to do that.
    I'd guess that's because his real issue is either a small upload rate or just limited external traffic (or both).

tl;dr; no direct transfer going to happen.

Thanked by 1uptime