Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NetCup Adventskalender 2018 Released - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NetCup Adventskalender 2018 Released

Comments

• Now pigs for sale :smiley:

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • What's EiWoMiSau? Is it a German thing?

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2018

@pullangcubo said:
    What's EiWoMiSau? Is it a German thing?

Short for Eierlegende Wollmilchsau - https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eierlegende_Wollmilchsau

Thanked by 2pullangcubo eol
  • @Falzo said: today it's webhosting package. 250GB ssd + 250 GB for mail. most interestingly are the 20 included .de domain but probably only for german clients...

I think that netcup can "sponsor" .de domains for non-German clients, but, yeah, the 20 .de domains are probably not so interesting for non-German clients.

This package is a good deal if one can take advantage of it properly. (250 GB for mail alone?)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Todays offer is RS 2000 SSD G8 xRAM.

4x Intel® Xeon® Gold 6140 Cores
    24GB RAM
    60GB SSD or 480GB SAS

12 month contract with 6 months billing. €12.99. Seems to live now.

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2306

• @LeonDynamic said:
    Todays offer is RS 2000 SSD G8 xRAM.

24GB RAM
    60GB SSD or 480GB SAS

This is only for SSD, not for SAS, it suppose.

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited December 2018

@gks SAS and SSD. Both went into my basket fine

• @LeonDynamic said:

24GB RAM
    60GB SSD or 480GB SAS

Seems like a repeat of one of the BF offers.

A great deal if one has a use for all of that RAM. (Basically, it's the regularly priced product plus 50% RAM.)

Thanked by 2LeonDynamic gol3m
  • @angstrom said:

@LeonDynamic said:

24GB RAM
    60GB SSD or 480GB SAS

Seems like a repeat of one of the BF offers.

A great deal if one has a use for all of that RAM. (Basically, it's the regularly priced product plus 50% RAM.)

Interesting: it looks like the masses aren't trying to buy this one! I could actually get one if I wanted to. :smile:

• @angstrom it does appear they are recycling BF offers.

I am happy with my little VPS 200 I got the other day, unless of course something amazing pops up over the next 20 days then I may have to rethink that

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @LeonDynamic said:
    @angstrom it does appear they are recycling BF offers.

I am happy with my little VPS 200 I got the other day, unless of course something amazing pops up over the next 20 days then I may have to rethink that

I'd guess the vps 500 from BF also makes a reappearance and is also worth it ;-)

however the only thing that would tempt me would be something like the bigger vps 1000 plus they had in the beginning of november... I let it pass and feel a bit of regret for doing so.

• @Falzo said:

I'd guess the vps 500 from BF also makes a reappearance and is also worth it ;-)

however the only thing that would tempt me would be something like the bigger vps 1000 plus they had in the beginning of november... I let it pass and feel a bit of regret for doing so.

Was the VPS1000 the one with 750GB SAS for €7.49/m? I wanted that one but waited for BF hoping something better would come along.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @LeonDynamic said:

@Falzo said:

Was the VPS1000 the one with 750GB SAS for €7.49/m? I wanted that one but waited for BF hoping something better would come along.

yeah, exactly. same story here :-)

Thanked by 1LeonDynamic
  • @Falzo said:

Indeed, those 750GB SAS were very tempting but it's not a clear winner compared to last year's BF 8/8/320. A bit more disk, but less cores and memory. I think it would depend on your usage.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

@LeonDynamic said:

@Falzo said:

yeah, exactly. same story here :-)

I think that nearly all of us thought that those pre-BF offers would last longer than they did!

• gksgks Member
    edited December 2018

@LeonDynamic said:

@Falzo said:

When I take VPS series (not RS), do they have CPU usage policy? Some times I go about 80-90% of CPU usage.

Edit: Now they exempted me from VAT, since I have shown company documents.

• @gks said:

When I take VPS series (not RS), do they have CPU usage policy? Some times I go about 80-90% of CPU usage.

mining and related services are forbidden, other than that you can use what you can get out of it, even if it is running 24/7

as it's shared, it might not always give you 100% of all availables cores, but from my experience you normally won't notice...
    (yes I've run 'cpu intensive application' for quite some time before they changed ToS ;-))

congrats.

thanks for reporting back on that matter as it proves, that it is possible to get VAT exempted even with netcup - at least if you are a proper business.

• @Falzo said:

@gks said:

mining and related services are forbidden, other than that you can use what you can get out of it, even if it is running 24/7

as it's shared, it might not always give you 100% of all availables cores, but from my experience you normally won't notice...
    (yes I've run 'cpu intensive application' for quite some time before they changed ToS ;-))

congrats.

thanks for reporting back on that matter as it proves, that it is possible to get VAT exempted even with netcup - at least if you are a proper business.

It is not mining. And thank you for your posts that helped me to exempted from VAT, save 19% is still big win for me

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Anyone knows if Netcup will restock the cup? I missed out and really want one.

• @Radi, available now. As per my understanding, they publish at least 3 times in a day.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @gks said:
    @Radi, available now. As per my understanding, they publish at least 3 times in a day.

thanks, also got one...

maybe they announce on twitter again, if it's going too fast otherwise.

• Do they ship their cups to international customers?

Thanked by 1pullangcubo

Missed again as I was sleeping. Subscribed to twitter with push notifications. Hope it helps out.

• @nhocconan said:
    Do they ship their cups to international customers?

This.

And the product name is "netcup CUP + Überraschung" and "Überraschung" is translated (according to Google) as "surprise". What's the surprise? :smiley:

Got one finally.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @pullangcubo said:
    What's the surprise? :smiley:

Probably a „Johann“.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2018

@southy said:

@pullangcubo said:
    What's the surprise? :smiley:

Probably a „Johann“.

though they had johann as separate item in the last years...

PS: don't know if they ship to international customers, maybe just order (if available) and see if it shows extra costs after putting in your location or wait for them to get back to you - they seem to handle orders manually anyway

Did you guys get invoices for the cup? I didn't seem to have gotten it yet. Maybe they cancelled my order or it ran out of stock.

• @Radi said:
    Did you guys get invoices for the cup? I didn't seem to have gotten it yet. Maybe they cancelled my order or it ran out of stock.

They about a day to sort it out, verify the details, ask the buyer for identity card if they need more details, once the verification done, then send a option to pay either through swift or paypal.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Radi said:

agreed to @gks answer, no worries, they just need some time... also haven't heard back from them yet ;-)