Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 158
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• southysouthy Member
    edited November 2018

@VirMach said:

We have the ability to automate rDNS requests, but that would skyrocket spam.

Really?
    I mean, perhaps it’s just me and I certainly don’t have the full market overview, but I don’t know any other provider that would not have an automated rDNS self-service function.
    Don’t take this the wrong way but: how comes none of them seem to share your concerns?

It's really fast.

CPU: 2x Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 210MHz

That's faster than my first computer. Actually, no that might have been 800MHz.

Pffft. 8MHz here. IBM. The mains switch had the seize of a formidable 64A breaker.

While we're talking about SolusVM, why doesn't it have: [...]

Come on, that’s easy.
    It is a Plesk-product.
    So naturally, first priority always is looks.
    Second priority ist strange add-on business-models no one asked for.
    Third prio are design changes.
    Forth prio are new features.
    Fifth prio is A design overhaul.
    And if there’s some time left before acquiring the next company (or splitting), then occasionally the devs get some time off to work on a bug if they feel lucky.

Oh, and of course I totally forgot the occasional „creativity flash“ when marketing randomly renames products.

Actually, I do somewhat expect that we will see a renaming ceremony of one of the products to „Thor“ soon.
    Question is only: which product will it be?
    Or „Valhalla“ for a backup service?
    Whereas I think they haven’t quite done it right: the last change should actually have been Loki instead.

Thanked by 4VirMach Jake4 RecD muffin
  • I've actually thought about it but it would have to be unannounced so those that are still active on the thread could get them.

Still hungover from all crazy deals but still game for more. So put me on the list for more leftovers.

Thanked by 4ddhhz Jake4 netrix RecD
  • southysouthy Member
    edited November 2018

/whooops... wrong button pressed/

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

VirMach said:

benj0x said: I really appreciate my new VirMach oVZ Box.

It's really fast.

That's faster than my first computer. Actually, no that might have been 800MHz. Don't worry, we'll get you up to at least 300.

Just press the Turbo button on the front of your machine, should be good after that.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

@Harambe said:

VirMach said:

benj0x said: I really appreciate my new VirMach oVZ Box.

It's really fast.

That's faster than my first computer. Actually, no that might have been 800MHz. Don't worry, we'll get you up to at least 300.

Just press the Turbo button on the front of your machine, should be good after that.

Hey, that worked, thanks.

Thanked by 4ddhhz Jake4 RecD muffin
  • southy said: Don’t take this the wrong way but: how comes none of them seem to share your concerns?

The price of the VPS has something to do with the economics of spamming. Anyway, I asked in a ticket and rDNS got changed pretty quick, so not a deal-breaker. And for me it is typically a once-off (per VPS).

Thanked by 2RecD muffin
  • @virmach you should keep a daily deals page running, just probably slightly higher prices than BF/CM.

We want deals!

• @Edmond said:
    @virmach you should keep a daily deals page running, just probably slightly higher prices than BF/CM.

We want deals!

Well you have let the dispenser occasionally give out some real cocaine so the random-reinforcement works and the rats keep coming back - oops, wrong experiment.

• @bula said:

I've actually thought about it but it would have to be unannounced so those that are still active on the thread could get them.

Still hungover from all crazy deals but still game for more. So put me on the list for more leftovers.

I'd love to see this once they get caught up, hopefully it happens.

• @VirMach said:
    plus we need to get to page 100.

LET: hold my beer...

• Where are the deals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanked by 3dTQzBen8 RecD muffin
  • Is it true there is a link for a free dedi for a year?

Thanked by 3ddhhz RecD dTQzBen8
  • imok said: Is it true there is a link for a free dedi for a year?

Link? No.
    Hidden easter egg, yes.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

southy said: I mean, perhaps it’s just me and I certainly don’t have the full market overview, but I don’t know any other provider that would not have an automated rDNS self-service function.
    Don’t take this the wrong way but: how comes none of them seem to share your concerns?

Higher prices, fewer spammers. Our regular plans start as low as $1 per month. To a spammer that's (I assume) a large enough profit margin to where even if they're caught within a few days they keep coming back.

They have much more complex operations than you would think, it's weird.

tetech said: The price of the VPS has something to do with the economics of spamming. Anyway, I asked in a ticket and rDNS got changed pretty quick, so not a deal-breaker. And for me it is typically a once-off (per VPS).

I mean we've already done everything we can to make them go away, but they seem to have more funds than the average customer. That's the reason we limited additional IPs to certain plans and added setup fees. All that ended up doing though is make them order massive amounts of smaller packages across dozens of accounts.

We even catch some within 2-3 days and they keep coming back.

Then, of course, Spamhaus and others go crazy thinking we're somehow actively supporting spammers. They definitely cost us money.

@Edmond said:
    @virmach you should keep a daily deals page running, just probably slightly higher prices than BF/CM.

We want deals!

Oh god what have we done, I bet there will be a summer host that will only run flash deals now. www.virmach2.com -- buy now!!

donli said: Well you have let the dispenser occasionally give out some real cocaine so the random-reinforcement works and the rats keep coming back - oops, wrong experiment.

Everyone's going to start salivating at the sound of @ddhhz 's "New offer in 15 seconds."

• donli said: Well you have let the dispenser occasionally give out some real cocaine

Oh yes, occasionally let @virmach set a "scheduled maintenance" day for the billing panel...

Thanked by 3RecD muffin dTQzBen8
  • @Edmond said:

donli said: Well you have let the dispenser occasionally give out some real cocaine

Oh yes, occasionally let @virmach set a "scheduled maintenance" day for the billing panel...

Oh yes schedule the maintenance for the sales!

edited December 2019

@Edmond said:

donli said: Well you have let the dispenser occasionally give out some real cocaine

@zafouhar said:

@Edmond said:

We'll have a "scheduled" "maintenance" on all our nodes to do high availability for our billing area so no one lags out.

• 10k views to go. Let's gooo, really need to put away this box of tissue

• Could anyone list all secret eggs please? I missed all of them but would like to see :D

• @sonic said:
    Could anyone list all secret eggs please? I missed all of them but would like to see :D

n-o.

• @JabJab said:

@sonic said:
    Could anyone list all secret eggs please? I missed all of them but would like to see :D

n-o.

FUUUUUU

• @JabJab said:

@sonic said:

n-o.

• JohnMiller92 said: 100k views to go. Let's gooo, really need to put away this box of tissue

fixed

• JohnMiller92 said: Let's gooo, really need to put away this box of tissue

What's this about goo and a box of tissues?

• @VirMach said:

@Edmond said:

@zafouhar said:

@Edmond said:

We'll have a "scheduled" "maintenance" on all our nodes to do high availability for our billing area so no one lags out.

I don't think any amount of servers can sustain the LET crowd, even if no one's attacking your billing panel, it simply won't work...

edited December 2019

sonic said: Could anyone list all secret eggs please? I missed all of them but would like to see

Okay, I spent way too much time on this one. Pardon the bad egg icons, I made them myself. Since this one is easier than the last one, it's for an SSD32G, but only free for 12 months. Buffalo, NY.

Can't wait until someone figures it out in 10 seconds programmatically.

edited December 2019

Pt.2

• Looking forward to using my new vps purchased on Monday. But what happened to the ISOs? My instance is "active" but there's no OS and it's not bootable, no ISOs available to install. Let alone the custom ISO I opened a ticket about on Monday. Please, I'm eager to get in there.

edited December 2019

Pt.3