Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ITLDC.com VPS Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ITLDC.com VPS Review

Another year gone by and another invoice in my mailbox reminding me that Black Friday deals are upon us.
Anno Domine 2017 I was hunting for some new prey to dump my unvisited blog and underused VPN on and among the lackluster Black Friday offers I noticed a sweet deal from eastern europe. 1vCore 1GB RAM 10GB SSD 1IPv4 1 IPv6 for ~13,50€ per year with locations all over the world. I went with Amsterdam [Netherlands].

I've looked into the company to avoid a dead pool and can't tell you if this is a one man shop but they look too big for one. The guy running the show is Dmitry Deineka from Ukraine living and operating out of Bulgaria right now. They got a seperate company in the US and used to have post boxes in the countries they had servers in but those I can find no longer.

Current bench running all the stuff I need. You can compare it to my old virgin bench from a year ago. Sequential write speed went down hard and failed speedtests are dead servers. Everything works fine on my side so if you got a better bench script do tell.

-------------------------------------------------
 nench.sh v2018.04.14 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
 benchmark timestamp:    2018-11-14 10:20:43 UTC

Processor:    QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
CPU cores:    1
Frequency:    3491.912 MHz
RAM:          992M
Swap:         -
Kernel:       Linux 4.4.0-101-generic x86_64

Disks:
vda    9.8G  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    3.819 seconds
CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    5.541 seconds
CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    2.963 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 25.5 us / 186.2 us / 40.9 ms / 1.19 ms
ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 12.3 k requests in 5.00 s, 3.01 GiB, 2.46 k iops, 615.7 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run:    171.66 MiB/s
    2nd run:    185.01 MiB/s
    3rd run:    152.59 MiB/s
    average:    169.75 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4:    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Cachefly CDN:         61.46 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        57.47 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   0.00 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      28.33 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         6.31 MiB/s

IPv6 speedtests
    your IPv6:    xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx

Leaseweb (NL):        88.30 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   0.00 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      0.00 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         11.86 MiB/s

The uptime over the last year was 99,97%. A detailed report provided from HetrixTools can be found here.

What I didn't like:

• Only 1 IPv6, more cost 0,01€ each
  • Their backend (ISPSystem) is overwhelming and intimidating at first
  • IPv6 isn't preinstalled in the offered distributions
  • extra fee for paying with PayPal
  • Automated invoice doesn't apply discounts. You need to renew manually to get the good price

What I like:

• The VPS feels fast
  • Good uptime
  • Privacy. They only want your name, email and PayPal account
  • It just works

Long story short the server still runs fine, I never needed the support, the uptime is good for the price and should you need a small VPS for your personal projects you won't regret it.

Disclaimer: Some links contain my affiliate link. I will get filthy rich using your curiosity so don't click on anything if you don't want me getting all the dollars.

Thanked by 3eol Shot2 vimalware

Comments

• I just received the auto invoice too (ua/kharkov dc)

The uptime on UA kvm has been yo-yo. Lots of network interruptions and at least 3 (to 5) unannounced reboots. I felt it because I had to manually unlock luks volume each time.

Network-in varies from 25mbit to 600mbit depending on time of day. I guess the 'unmetered' clause means it's just surplus capacity from their corporate clients dedicated 1G/10G uplinks.

I wish 100mbit was guaranteed via qos /shaping.

I think I'd prefer to switch to AMS/Bulgaria if they permit . I'm guessing available minimum network capacity would be better there.

No issues with provider or support. They gladly enabled cpu AES flag passthru once they were satisfied I wasnt a cpu mining sociopath.