Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Contabo changed their VPS pricing again - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Contabo changed their VPS pricing again

2»

Comments

• Ordered VPS M SSD and run nench got these write speeds.

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 137.33 MiB/s
    2nd run: 102.04 MiB/s
    3rd run: 102.04 MiB/s
    average: 113.81 MiB/s

Contacted Support who changed the sequential write throughput and now get.

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 278.47 MiB/s
    2nd run: 408.17 MiB/s
    3rd run: 422.48 MiB/s
    average: 369.71 MiB/s

Early days but quite impressed with their support who responded and sorted it within 30 minutes.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @LeonDynamic said:
    Early days but quite impressed with their support who responded and sorted it within 30 minutes.

They tend to reply quick, but don't expect quality replies at times because most responses are pre-written.

• I'm really happy with Contabo. I did not upgrade yet to the new plans but, VPS M is working well. I am a customer for ~ 1 year. I didn't experience any downtime yet.

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited September 2018

@neik said:
    Anyone over here with such a VPS who wouldn't mind running Geekbench 4, please?

Thanks!

I finally got my thumb out of my ass and got a "VPS S SSD".

The benchmark can be found here:
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/10073816

And here is also a Serverscope one:
    https://serverscope.io/trials/z5r4

(Note: These benchmarks were made with default config and no interaction with support to unlock any I/O speeds etc)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Prime404 you going month/month? happy so far? Those benchmarks seems weird to me.

• @smile said:
    @Prime404 you going month/month? happy so far? Those benchmarks seems weird to me.

I pay month to month yes, because I prefer it that way because it makes it easy swapping between providers as I can cancel if the service turns out to turn sheite after a while.

I've used them in the past and have been happy with the service, but I'm not sure yet about these new plans as I barely have done any tests yet.

What seems odd about the results?

Thanked by 1smile
  • 16Gb/400Gb for €8.99 month? WOW!

• HifihedgehogHifihedgehog Member
    edited May 2019

@neik said:

Thanks!

@yongsiklee said:

Why Geekbench 4 only?

Why not Geekbench 4? Better late than never:

I was achieving 2820 single-core and 8522 multi-core in Geekbench 4 ( https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11012991 ) with just their VPS S SSD package. I have been so impressed with their service (literally no downtime and snappy as ever with OpenLiteSpeed and CyberPanel) that I switched to their M tier. So now I have CyberPanel, various Docker containers, SQL Server, multiple WordPress sites, multiple Discourse forums, cloud storage, and a load of other goodies running on it with plenty of CPU power to spare. In the USA, unless I delved into the VPS black market, I would have to pay significantly more for such performance.

• @Hifihedgehog said:

@neik said:

Thanks!

@yongsiklee said:

Why Geekbench 4 only?

Why not Geekbench 4? Better late than never:

I was achieving 2820 single-core and 8522 multi-core in Geekbench 4 ( https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11012991 ) with just their VPS S SSD package. I have been so impressed with their service (literally no downtime and snappy as ever with OpenLiteSpeed and CyberPanel) that I switched to their M tier. So now I have CyberPanel, various Docker containers, SQL Server, multiple WordPress sites, multiple Discourse forums, cloud storage, and a load of other goodies running on it with plenty of CPU power to spare. In the USA, unless I delved into the VPS black market, I would have to pay significantly more for such performance.

Necrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(Also, please consider that writing a review with your first post [in a year old thread] doesn't exactly instill confidence. )

Thanked by 1Hifihedgehog
  • HifihedgehogHifihedgehog Member
    edited May 2019

Thanks and sorry about that! :) Since the last post was mid-fall 2018 (this post is less than a year old), I didn't think it broke the necro rule in our community rules page. Generally, not replying to threads a year or more old has been the necro-ing rule in most communities I am a part of. Since I don't see any specifics for this community, what's the unspoken rule or guidelines here that isn't listed in our community rules page? So in the meantime, I'd kindly ask if you'd remove the warning from my moderation history since I have a good history online with web-tiquette.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Damn, another necro.

I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.