Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing metaDedi - Dedicated comparison table - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing metaDedi - Dedicated comparison table

Comments

• @LTniger said:

Dedicadude said: Signing off.

GTFO you psycho. Open-source your ass.

Sorry for rant all other readers, but wtf...

The Golden Rule of LET is:
    Don’t be a dick.

Flagged and reported.

Thanked by 1robohost
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

@Dedicadude said:

@LTniger said:

Dedicadude said: Signing off.

GTFO you psycho. Open-source your ass.

Sorry for rant all other readers, but wtf...

The Golden Rule of LET is:
    Don’t be a dick.

Flagged and reported.

In my opinion, you are the dick.
    He is not a dick.

From my point of view, you are pissed of, because its not open source.
    Then you decided, to rant about it, because you are not getting the code.

I do open source many of my projects, where I invested a ton of time.
    Some projects are not open source, simple that is.

I do have no plans for now and the future, to make money out of it.

Thanked by 2kkrajk gol3m
  • Wow, now you're calling me a dick?

Have you forgotten I helped you translated this project to Malay. I gave many other suggestions since the past few weeks and made novaDedi what it is now. What has he done for you that I deserve such insult from you? Instead of thanking me for the translation and ideas, you tag along with some random "get the fuck off psycho ass" reply?

Kindly remove my translation from this project. You don't deserve it.

Next time, don't expect contribution from other people if you plan to make something beneficial only for your own sake. Create your own R&D department.

• DedicadudeDedicadude Member
    edited September 2018

Also, don't ever promote your service to my inbox anymore. I'm no longer interested. You might want to remove that currency feature too.

@Dedicadude said:
    Wow, now you're calling me a dick?

Yes I did, when someone comes up with that crap:
    " I know... today it's free, the next day it has to be monetize once you get to that traffic threshold."

What do you expect?

Have you forgotten I helped you translated this project to Malay.

No, I did said thanks.

I gave many other suggestions since the past few weeks and made novaDedi what it is now. What has he done for you that I deserve such insult from you?

What do you expect when you subject such things to someone?

Instead of thanking me for the translation and ideas, you tag along with some random "get the fuck off psycho ass" reply?

I did.

Kindly remove my translation from this project. You don't deserve it.

If you wish so, sure.

if you plan to make something beneficial only for your own sake. Create your own R&D department.

You know, that the project is public right? anyone can use it? Apart from that, I put in quite a few hours of work into it and I get that, wonderful.

I did really miss the insults.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • Great job. Whatever floats your boat.

@Dedicadude said:
    Also, don't ever promote your service to my inbox anymore. I'm no longer interested. You might want to remove that currency feature too.

You asked me, that I should notify you, if goes live, I did.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • Like I said, whatever floats your boat. This is going to be my last reply.

• Bookmarked.

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
  • Popcorn bought. LET drama on air.

Thanked by 2gol3m MrPsycho
  • Ok thats dope. Great work Sir.

@Neoon said:
    You can keep an eye on the price and see if it has changed and when it has been restocked:

Also, we got a IRC channel at freenode.net #novaDedi, join us.
    Comes with Discord gateway.

edited September 2018

Last changes:

• added Checkbox to show out of stock offers
    • added swedish translation
    • added german translation
    • added Italian translation
    • added 159 currencies, where you can select from
    • added price history feature
    • added city location info if available
    • fixed a few small bugs
    • removed static table view
  • Finally was able to catch an ARM server at SYS (CA) thanks to NovaDedi @Neoon

@WebGuru said:
    Finally was able to catch an ARM server at SYS (CA) thanks to NovaDedi @Neoon

Neat, some people already collected 40 of these, for something biggerTM.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Neoon said:

@WebGuru said:

ZXHost 2.0? Nice!

@MasonR said:

@Neoon said:

@WebGuru said:

ZXHost 2.0? Nice!

Nah, its even hard to do something encryption like on them.
    250Mbit is neat but the CPU is weak, very weak.

edited October 2018

Last changes:

• updated the Hetzner filter, changed to Unlimited
    • updated the History feature, it now uses unique hashes instead of numbers to prevent issues
    • updated the search fields regex, to allow more letters
    • updated SGD $ to S$
    • added IP-Projects
    • added Leaseweb
    • fixed SYS UK
    • fixed Online.net, forcing v4 to skip v6 issues at Online
    • fixed PoundHost
    • fixed Hivelocity, since they changed to there own api
    • fixed QuickPacket storage detection
    • fixed Dedimax storage detection
    • fixed API sorting bug, related to SGD

Also, the limit has been moved up to 200EUR, since a few people requested it.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • t0mt0m Member

Thanks to novaDedi's Discord channel I've picked up some cheap servers to play around with. Thanks!

@t0m said:
    Thanks to novaDedi's Discord channel I've picked up some cheap servers to play around with. Thanks!

Nice, have fun.

Thanked by 2gol3m t0m
  • Great job with the site. Just a couple ideas:

Would be nice if changing any of the search options or the sorting also updated the URL so you can directly bookmark or link to the results that are relevant to you.

Seems like performing a search in the columns always makes a string comparison, even for the columns with numerical values. Perhaps it would make more sense if those also had sliders similar to the main search options instead of a search for a string. Maybe even move the ones that can already be adjusted in the main options down there. Something like this:

Thanked by 1JohnRoe

@kmas said:
    Great job with the site. Just a couple ideas:

Would be nice if changing any of the search options or the sorting also updated the URL so you can directly bookmark or link to the results that are relevant to you.

Would be a good Idea, to generate a unique url from a search result to share it.

Seems like performing a search in the columns always makes a string comparison, even for the columns with numerical values

No it does not, type for example 230 into the cpu field.
    Maybe that what you found is a bug, so give me an example.

Perhaps it would make more sense if those also had sliders similar to the main search options instead of a search for a string.

More sliders will be added, but the search fields will stay there.
    The idea is, to give you more options to search through everything.
    Otherwise we had removed the search fields since we have the sliders now.

Thanked by 1kmas
  • @Neoon said:
    No it does not, type for example 230 into the cpu field.
    Maybe that what you found is a bug, so give me an example.

Writing 230 in the CPU field works as expected, it finds all CPUs with "230" in their name. What I meant was, that if you type 230 in the benchmark field, it will also give you all results which have "230" in their benchmark scores, but for a field with numerical values, that doesn't really make sense. For example, if I write 5 in the "Price per TB" search, I'd expect to end up with results that are under $5 (or over, or maybe exactly $5), not ones that just have the number 5 anywhere in the price.

I actually noticed now that searching in any of the pricing fields returns some results that do not even include the search string at all, not sure what that's about:

Anyway, if sliders will be added into the main search options for all the other fields as well, then I guess none of this really matters.

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2018

The country search field doesn't seem to work. Typing "US" finds mostly EU servers. Typing "IT" finds mostly US servers but some other ones too (didn't notice any Italian ones).

Added: Oh ok I get it, have to search for full strings like "states" ("united" gets united kingdom first). Supporting abbreviations would be helpful.

edited November 2018

@kmas said:
    Writing 230 in the CPU field works as expected, it finds all CPUs with "230" in their name. What I meant was, that if you type 230 in the benchmark field, it will also give you all results which have "230" in their benchmark scores, but for a field with numerical values, that doesn't really make sense. For example, if I write 5 in the "Price per TB" search, I'd expect to end up with results that are under $5 (or over, or maybe exactly $5), not ones that just have the number 5 anywhere in the price.

I changed the search from %value% to value%, works as expected now.

I actually noticed now that searching in any of the pricing fields returns some results that do not even include the search string at all, not sure what that's about:

Thats another bug, due to you used the currency switcher.
    https://status.novadedi.net/view.php?id=8

Working on it.

@willie said:
    The country search field doesn't seem to work. Typing "US" finds mostly EU servers. Typing "IT" finds mostly US servers but some other ones too (didn't notice any Italian ones).

Added: Oh ok I get it, have to search for full strings like "states" ("united" gets united kingdom first). Supporting abbreviations would be helpful.

Fixed, change the search pattern.

Thanked by 1kmas
  • Just skimmed, @Neoon iirc you use datatables, dunno if you prefer to put the currency sign after values or you're doing that as a hack for ordering/searching, there are options in datatables to use a data- attribute for those purposes, allowing you to display stuff as you please.

@ricardo said:
    Just skimmed, @Neoon iirc you use datatables, dunno if you prefer to put the currency sign after values or you're doing that as a hack for ordering/searching, there are options in datatables to use a data- attribute for those purposes, allowing you to display stuff as you please.

But why? just why? I mean if the currency sign is left or right, who gives a fuck?
    I need to cleanup the API at some point, maybe I have time for that, but the feature is low, low priority if even.

• I was trying to give you free advice, but you're right, 'who gives a fuck'

There's a convention of having it on the left, but do it your way.

edited November 2018

@ricardo said:
    I was trying to give you free advice, but you're right, 'who gives a fuck'

You gave me advice, I have read it, I read any comment here.
    I told you my opinion about it, indirectly which is a no.

Publicly, I asked with "who gives a fuck?" if someone cares if we have this feature, they may reply.
    From my view, the feature is not worth it.

There's a convention of having it on the left, but do it your way.

I know, I have other priorities then that.

• Uppity millenial, I'll take the bait as I have a thing for teaching arrogant people a lesson. Here's an idea, learn the difference between 'then' and 'than' before trying to be clever.

Learn about accessibility and how search engines should be able to crawl your site.

I've grabbed a copy of it and put it into CSV and SQL format for others to use. cheeers.

@ricardo said:
    Uppity millenial, I'll take the bait as I have a thing for teaching arrogant people a lesson.

Really?

Here's an idea, learn the difference between 'then' and 'than' before trying to be clever.

People do mistakes, happens. Didn't you just feel offended by my response?
    And now you repeating the same? I thought you where non millennial?
    Whatever.

Learn about accessibility and how search engines should be able to crawl your site.

Its indexed, even with a fancy sitemap, so its fine for me.

I've grabbed a copy of it and put it into CSV and SQL format for others to use. cheeers.

Everyone can do that, we have free API's everyone can use.