Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How increase video speed on time4vps storage servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How increase video speed on time4vps storage servers?

I get too much wait while starting of the mp4 videos. Also buffering. Waiting too much. How can I increase the speed like any other servers?

Comments

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited September 2018

You need a VPN or a reversve proxy.

• Do you think a time4vps STORAGE server is designed for streaming video?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You cant, they have limited IOPS.

• As Creling said, you might need a VPN. I got around 7MB/s download speed from my location after using a VPN. Before it was below 2MB/s.

• by cancelling it

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

you can speed up with CDN or just moving to other provider or uploading to CDN storage, example: bunnycdn service

• OP is using the wrong server for streaming. Those servers are meant for storage and have throttled IOPS. You need to move to a different provider if streaming is your main requirement.

• These cheap OVZ has a lower streaming performance than KVM. Shared core also.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I feel sorry for this guy's clients.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Hukin said:
    These cheap OVZ has a lower streaming performance than KVM. Shared core also.

If budget for OP project is very low, I don’t think that he should care about the speed, extra 5 seconds or 5 minutes or 5 hours of waiting it’s nothing as it’s not burning his wallet and he need to remember that, as some expecting for a couple cents per day whole DC team working on his server!

• What do you use for watching your video? What kind of software?
    Try to play directly files via PotPlayer by entering into (CTRL + U) url location link to your mp4 file. Is it ok playing? Without delays? Or with? If with, you can't then.

• WebProject said: If budget for OP project is very low, I don’t think that he should care about the speed, extra 5 seconds or 5 minutes or 5 hours of waiting it’s nothing as it’s not burning his wallet and he need to remember that, as some expecting for a couple cents per day whole DC team working on his server!

You have two choices, spend a little bit for play around with apt-get update, or spend more for more powerful machine. If you looking for video streaming, there no ways to do that normally and save money for the same time.

• Ramdisk?

• What are you trying to achieve?

If you want to host some videos for your visitors to watch online, you would consider uploading them to YouTube or whatever services that provide good streaming speed to your audience.

If you use it to download and store some .mp4 movies so you can watch it in your browser on a Sunday afternoon, try using a VPN to improve connection speed.

Anyway, that cheap storage VPS is made for storing some less important data, not for streaming videos.

• Local ISP speed and CPU and RAM on PC or mobile device also very important things

• @folom said:
    I get too much wait while starting of the mp4 videos. Also buffering. Waiting too much. How can I increase the speed like any other servers?

Probably best to re-encode your videos so they're smaller and/or encode mp4 videos and move the moov atom to the front of the file (something that Youtube recommends for video uploads for mp4 too https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en)

Thanked by 1mfs