Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitcoin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitcoin

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

I WTB a small amount of Bitcoin. Anyone willing to trade a small amount ($30 - $40USD) of bitcoin for paypal.

Will pay a reasonable exchanges rates (I propose BitPay's exchange rate ) and any Paypal fee.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

If you have a PayPal debit card pretty sure you could buy via Coinbase while using PayPal balance as the default withdrawal method for the card.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2018

@MikeA... Paypal in Australia doesnt get any nice features like that.

On a side note. I've actually tried to register with Coinbase twice now. Every time automated ID rejection, hundreds of photo's taken with different phones etc. Without options for manual review it's impossible. Probably because of the holograms on Australian IDs.

• @SplitIce said:

Localbitcoins.com perhaps?

• What about using Bitcoin Australia? They don't take Paypal but they support other payment methods.

edited August 2018

@birchbeer POLi not supported by ING Australia. And none of the other methods appeal / are available in my area.

@TheKiller The method used for transfer is too risky.

If no one here trusts me enough it's no issue. I'll get verified at a local service and get bitcoin in a week.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@SplitIce said:
    @MikeA... Paypal in Australia doesnt get any nice features like that.

On a side note. I've actually tried to register with Coinbase twice now. Every time automated ID rejection, hundreds of photo's taken with different phones etc. Without options for manual review it's impossible. Probably because of the holograms on Australian IDs.

Sorry, thought you were in the U.S. but I remember now.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Surprised to see someone still pursuing bitcoin ;) The last headline I saw on a particular news network was titled "bitcoin in turmoil".

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited August 2018

SplitIce said: The method used for transfer is too risky.

There's automatic escrow for online ads. Meaning the seller's bitcoins are held by localbitcoins in escrow. If there's a dispute they mediate it.

The risk is the seller's not yours since bitcoin transactions are irreversible while most fiat ones are not.

oneilonline said: Surprised to see someone still pursuing bitcoin ;) The last headline I saw on a particular news network was titled "bitcoin in turmoil".

Bad publicity is the norm in the bitcoin world.

@Abdussamad all the options I saw last time I was on there were cash deposits into bank accounts. 100% not disputable.

@oneilonline It's for a service account, not for investment. Although the bottom must be approaching soon....

• RamiRami Member

@SplitIce I just sold some yesterday but if you didn't get what you want in 4-5days contact me I may get some to exchange

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@SplitIce, I can trade BTC for Paypal. Let me know once you need any.

Thanked by 1Iam

Thanks @BlaZe and @Rami. Pmed you BlaZe.