Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell is going on with HostSlayer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What the hell is going on with HostSlayer?

coolindarkcoolindark Member
edited June 2018 in Providers

Do you have an idea what is going on with HostSlayer?

2 days ago my KVM got offline with DNS error on their control panel. Created a ticket but no answer (which is not usual, their support was good). Today i saw that my shared hosting is down also and their webpage is not working anymore! :-O

Do you have any news?

Comments

• The end is nigh!

• Didnt they get bought by hostslim and hostslim did a dc move which is taking longer than expected.

• carcosa said: Didnt they get bought by hostslim

People still believe in fairy tales.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • On February 1st 2018, HostSlim B.V. has aquired HostSlayer LLC.

https://pastebin.com/k0keRWVn

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • lazytlazyt Member

They were slayed?

• @carcosa said:
    Didnt they get bought by hostslim and hostslim did a dc move which is taking longer than expected.

Yeah, i've checked HostSlim and my servers got down exactly at the same time. Anyway, my shared hosting is back online for now. Got an answer about the KVM will be back soon too... Yeah, very soon... it will be 48 hours...

• somewhatwindysomewhatwindy Member
    edited June 2018

carcosa said: On February 1st 2018, HostSlim B.V. has aquired HostSlayer LLC.

https://pastebin.com/k0keRWVn

Let me quote myself here: "People still believe in fairy tales."
    Thank you for not understanding my comment.

Edit: I knew it weeks before they made this (or any kind of) announcement.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@coolindark said:
    Do you have an idea what is going on with HostSlayer?

2 days ago my KVM got offline with DNS error on their control panel. Created a ticket but no answer (which is not usual, their support was good). Today i saw that my shared hosting is down also and their webpage is not working anymore! :-O

Do you have any news?

Looks like they finally got slayed.

• coolindarkcoolindark Member
    edited June 2018

Ok, just for update:

Everything is back online and i believe their migration with Hostslim causes a new datacenter with better network infrastructure because my network speed and latency is incredibly better. Everyone's host was down, this can explain the network speed but latency is a different thing.

My server was already fast, however site responses on my mobile phone is incredible right now.