Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Easter, show me what you've got! Providers, Give us the crazy deals! Mega-request thread! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It's Easter, show me what you've got! Providers, Give us the crazy deals! Mega-request thread!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:

@jetchirag said:

@Falzo said:

@jetchirag said:
    @Clouvider delicious but have to resist (no need)

thank god, the 20GBP box was only available for minutes and is gone already...

It was in my cart. Wasn't easy not to order!

You’re a better man than me, that would have been bought had I been around at the time :-0

Nekki! Are you off today from your regular LET special duties ;-)?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@randvegeta Sorry for bringing you up, actually it makes sense since Asian don't usually celebrate Easter.

Any deals without Direct China Route? Like the grandfathered HK KVM VPS with 512MB RAM + 20GB for $12/yr, it is fine if there isn't since I understand Easter is not a big festival for us :)

• @Hoost said:
    Virtual-1 (KVM)
    1GB DDR3 RAM
    25GB HDD Storage
    1TB Transfer
    1 vCore E5 CPU
    £17.50/Year (Approx $24.55)

Looking Glass: https://lg-ch.ho-ost.com

Order in Chicago, Illinois

• Use code EasterVPS

No windows server?

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2018

WSCallum said: 75% off first payment on monthly billing cycle, followed by 40% off recurring KVMH VPS:

So this would work on higher packages? For instance when I add the KVMH2048 package and apply the LET-75OFF coupon it shows $3.52 for first payment (%75 one-time discount), and then would it be 40% recurring for the rest of the months?

Also do you allow custom isos (like FreeBSD 11.1)? I thought I heard something about Virtualizor having an iso option now. Thank you :)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

FAT32 said: Any deals without Direct China Route? Like the grandfathered HK KVM VPS with 512MB RAM + 20GB for $12/yr, it is fine if there isn't since I understand Easter is not a big festival for us :)

I plan on restocking a lot of the cheapo deals next month when I'm back there. I had a bunch of Ryzen 7 machines that I ended up not being able to use for intended purpose. I'll see if I can re-purpose those to do budget VPS hosting ;).

I think I'll have to up the price and spec though. Too many VMs on 1 box just has too much I/O on the disk, and it's not worth cramming 64 VMs on a single node.... But I'll have something up next month at some point.

Thanked by 2willie atomi

@randvegeta said:

I plan on restocking a lot of the cheapo deals next month when I'm back there. I had a bunch of Ryzen 7 machines that I ended up not being able to use for intended purpose. I'll see if I can re-purpose those to do budget VPS hosting ;).

Sounds great! What will be the performance impact on Ryzen for KVM/OVZ instead of other Intel processors?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@Nekki said:

@jetchirag said:

@Falzo said:

@jetchirag said:
    @Clouvider delicious but have to resist (no need)

thank god, the 20GBP box was only available for minutes and is gone already...

It was in my cart. Wasn't easy not to order!

You’re a better man than me, that would have been bought had I been around at the time :-0

Nekki! Are you off today from your regular LET special duties ;-)?

Didn’t know it was coming + I’m visiting folks in the midlands today where internet connections are not plentiful.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We have released stock for all the yearly offers for LET, in your dedicated LET page at https://mxroute.io/LET.html

SMTP Relay Service / Outbound SPAM Filtering powered by MailChannels :)

Limited stock though so act fast!

@FAT32 said:

@randvegeta said:

Sounds great! What will be the performance impact on Ryzen for KVM/OVZ instead of other Intel processors?

I have no idea actually.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

Hello everyone, as always, thanks for loads of love :)

Here's something from BunnyCDN to LET, valid for around 2 days:

For those who don't know us yet, BunnyCDN is a simple, powerful and lightning fast CDN at a fraction of the cost.

To enter the code, just sign up for a free trial and enter it in your billing panel. As always, the credit can be extended by simply making a payment before it expires. If you already have an account, this just adds up to your existing balance.

On top of this, during Easter only, we will be adding an extra 25% recharge bonus to every payment for all our users.

@BunnySpeed said:

The bunny on your website had become more powerful, stronger and mature, just like your company's scale and reputation. You definitely hired the right Graphic Designer

Thanked by 2BunnySpeed Junkless
  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:

@BunnySpeed said:

The bunny on your website had become more powerful, stronger and mature, just like your company's scale and reputation. You definitely hired the right Graphic Designer

Glad to hear that :) Thank you. We're still finishing up some smaller tweaks and afterwards, we're hoping to refresh the dashboard as well.

• @randvegeta said:

FAT32 said: Where are some Asia deals :)

Virtual Server
    KVM based Virtualization

If I get a lot of interest, I'll put up an order link later.

do you have any site where I can see other packages?

@serverfood said:

http://hosthongkong.net/

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2018

@FAT32 said:

@serverfood said:

http://hosthongkong.net/

I would not use this provider for PRODUCTION SCALE APPLICATIONS, since, a KVM of mine went offline, over 24 hours, I dropped them a ticket, after that they seem to just took notice that the Node had issues.
    No email nothing before.

Seems like monitoring on there side does not even exist.

The good thing is, after my ticket it was fixed quickly, whatever the issue was.

Neoon said: I would not use this provider for PRODUCTION SCALE APPLICATIONS, since, a KVM of mine went offline, over 24 hours, I dropped them a ticket, after that they seem to just took notice that the Node had issues.

No email nothing before.

Seems like monitoring on there side does not even exist.

The good thing is, after my ticket it was fixed quickly, whatever the issue was.

Which plan did you have? When did you experience the problem?

edited March 2018

If you're talking about the recent outage where the server was down for over 24 hours, then you're probably on the KVM-Promo plan. In which case.. yes don't put anything seriously valuable on those plans. Those are cheap / budget servers, and considered to have lesser priority. Our regularly priced plans have more serious kit behind it :-)

@randvegeta said:

End of last week, the downtime the box already has considering, since I have it, exceeds all my expectations.

You did not even send a mail, I needed to ask TWICE in a ticket, to get any information. Its like you pretend to run a government, and do not want to leak anything to your citizens.

Currently I got the Package: HK-KVM-LET-SPECIAL, considering the price I paid, its not the cheapest in the APNIC region but still, I could expect at least some information.

If you could just send a email, to the affected costumers on the node, next time, instead of nothing, that would be great.

@Neoon said:

its not the cheapest in the APNIC region

Interested to know what is the cheapest in APNIC that can achieve lower than $1/m

@FAT32 said:

@Neoon said:

its not the cheapest in the APNIC region

Interested to know what is the cheapest in APNIC that can achieve lower than $1/m

That was a limited offer, not more available, when you go the way the cheapest in APNIC, what is currently in stock, its OVH with 50% off promo.

• @Neoon said:

@randvegeta said:

End of last week, the downtime the box already has considering, since I have it, exceeds all my expectations.

You did not even send a mail, I needed to ask TWICE in a ticket, to get any information. Its like you pretend to run a government, and do not want to leak anything to your citizens.

Currently I got the Package: HK-KVM-LET-SPECIAL, considering the price I paid, its not the cheapest in the APNIC region but still, I could expect at least some information.

If you could just send a email, to the affected costumers on the node, next time, instead of nothing, that would be great.

Yes, They are indeed "do not want to leak anything to your citizens." . I mean the Hong Kong government.

• cociucociu Member

Ewok said: No storage deals @cociu ?

will came but not today sorry

Thanked by 1Ewok
    edited March 2018

Neoon said: If you could just send a email, to the affected costumers on the node, next time, instead of nothing, that would be great.

Yes I'm sorry about that. Indeed we did not send out an E-Mail, but we did update our announcements/news page. We made 3 posted related to the outage. 1 was a notification of possible outage as our building had planned power works. The 2nd was about the failure of one of our UPS and the affected racks, including details on 2 affected VPS nodes. 1 was restored fairly quickly, and the other, which unfortunately you were on, was not repaired until 4am the next morning. Actual downtime of that particular node was 19 hours and 30 mins.

I would like to point out that the KVM-LET-SPECIAL was either $12 or $24 /year ($1 or $2 /month) depending on if it was the 512MB or 1G RAM plan. Neither of these plans are 'NAT', so include a dedicated IP address.

I think even if there was no downtime, I would not advise anyone to put anything serious on a VPS that cost $1-$2 /month. It is a completely different product line to our standard servers.

Neoon said: its not the cheapest in the APNIC

Not that I am claiming to offer the cheapest prices in APNIC region, and it's certainly not our primary market, but damn, who else is cheaper in APNIC region offering KVM VPS with 512MB RAM and a dedicated IP address? It's already a loss making service as it is....

Any way. I'm sorry for the downtime and yes, we probably should have sent out the notification by email rather than just published the details on our announcement page. Hopefully the rest of the year will be 'uneventful' with downtime not exceeding 0.01% for the rest of 2018.

• imokimok Member

What happened to the crazy deals?

@randvegeta said:

Neoon said: If you could just send a email, to the affected costumers on the node, next time, instead of nothing, that would be great.

Yes I'm sorry about that. Indeed we did not send out an E-Mail, but we did update our announcements/news page.

I was not aware, that you even have an announcement page, If I had seen this, I would not opened a ticket.

Most providers do not use them or rarely post anything.

Same for the status in WHCMS.

I will keep on an eye next time.

I think even if there was no downtime, I would not advise anyone to put anything serious on a VPS that cost $1-$2 /month. It is a completely different product line to our standard servers.

A server is a server, if its in the same DC, it does not matter if its "premium", the power surge would have taken it offline anyway.

I do not expect 100% uptime from a 12$/y box, but I do expect that outages are communicated.

• @imok said:
    What happened to the crazy deals?

Give it some time... Seems a lot of providers were unprepared. Technically speaking Easter starts tomorrow so I'm sure they're cooking up some nice LET specials!

Thanked by 3Junkless imok proxima

Neoon said: A server is a server, if its in the same DC, it does not matter if its "premium", the power surge would have taken it offline anyway.

I don't know about that. The power outage was a result of the UPS not working properly. The power came back up after a few hours, and our generator was working during the outage too.

Actually the downtime was probably more like 14 hours, but I'm not 100% sure.

Basically there was a faulty UPS that provided backup power to 4 racks (so most racks were unaffected). As the mains went out, it took 3 minutes for the generator to kick in. As mains power was restored, the switch over caused another 'brown out'. So in terms of actual power availability, we were down for 6 minutes. The affected racks would have had 6 minutes of actual downtime, plus any time needed for booting up and so on.

Most of our VPS nodes were not in those 4 racks, so most nodes were not affected. 2 nodes, both of which hosted 'budget' VMs were however. Neither use any sort of RAID or backup, and the improper shut down caused some odd problems for both nodes. 1 node seemed to boot up fine but all the VMs would not boot (this was after the power was restored from the grid). Apparantly the Virtualization feature was disabled at the BIOS. What caused that is unknown... which was weird.

The 2nd node (the one you were hosted on) had some issues with the disk. Had to run FSCK, but that did not solve the problem entirely. Oddly there was some issue with the bootloader, and the whole fsck and messing around with the kernels and boot loaders took a bit longer than expected.

These nodes were built using 'surplus' hardware and with no redundancy. I would think they are probably more likely to experience some sort of fault rather than our proper nodes which use newer hardware and RAID.

With that in mind, the UPS failure really caught us off guard. The UPS' onboard diagnostic tools never indicated any problems with either the UPS itself or the battery bank. We are now in the process of ordering a couple of spare UPS and new batteries for all our existing UPS.

Neoon said: I do not expect 100% uptime from a 12$/y box, but I do expect that outages are communicated.

Certainly. Perhaps we wrongly assumed if there was an issue, people who visit our website and check the announcements page. But you're probably right.. we should send out E-Mail notifications for such things.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

This is an Easter offer thread, we ain’t here to discuss outages, are we ?

Thanked by 2Ewok proxima
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Clouvider said:

No way! We are here for the offers!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

Haha, someone don’t care about where they do post their support tickets.

Thanked by 1Clouvider