Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who are the best hosts you use that are not on LET - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who are the best hosts you use that are not on LET

Comments

• Yourserver/Makonix, they used to have a presence here (@yourserverse). Fantastic uptime. Only had to ticket once in the span of 3 years about network speed, which was promptly handled. Server is there whenever I need it.

• NodepopNodepop Member
    edited January 2018

dts-net.com has great service and over 20 years of business

• Delimiter

• Another; TSO Host for managed hosting. I’ve referred 10’s of people to them over the years, they’ve never disappointed.

• Fastmail (email). Expensive but terrific in every way.

I've been wanting to get a VPS with prgmr.com just to thank them for still being willing to take small payments by check/MO. I've had so many CC or Paypal payment snags that not accepting offline payments becomes a SPOF in hosting. AnthonySmith might remember once accommodating me about this in a special way for which I'm still thankful.

Domains and DNS: happy with Namesilo and Porkbun, less so with Tucows and Namecheap.

Hetzner is on LET now, but I signed up with them long before they arrived here, and they seemed solid and underrated at the time (they're better recognized here now). OVH has been kinda sorta.

Advogato.org finally shut down but I had a small blog there for many years, and that site always made me smile. I don't know if that counts as hosting.

Can't think of much else.

• Hostrush.com - I use their $9.99/year shared offer on their Litespeed server. Good performance.
    I also use iPage, works well, but performance is rather slow. Will not continue when time is up.

• Tilaa.com is my favourite. They had FreeBSD images when DO didn't have. Their network is also top notch.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • VortexNode.. nah.. just kidding

Linode is a great host, excellent support and uptime, though I have moved away (price was higher as compared to the non-production sites I host)

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2018

sharkserve.rs, abelohost, online.net, vilayer and even more reps from OVH.

• Nodepop said:

dts-net.com has great service and over 20 years of business

Interesting. They don't answer my pre-sales queries. They don't even say where their DC's are, which is a little bit strange for a colo provider. Their offers are pretty good though.

• WSSWSS Member

Wow dts-net is still around.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hosts that don't advertise here which I actively use, comes to mind:

Prager-IT and Backupsy. That's it.
    Besides that, I use DO, Hetzner, Clouvider, RamNode and VirMach.

I've let like 90% of my VPS expire in the last year. I had VPS's in a bunch of providers.

• netcup and node.id

• @WSS said:
    I really don't want them to attract LET's attention- they're priced out of the LET general use, and they've done nothing to deserve it. I used them for 15 years; there was one outage of roughly an hour- and they called me to notify me of it.

Compassion and empathy from WSS. I think its time for everyone to retire, the end of the world is at hand.

• imokimok Member
    edited January 2018

MikeA said: I know many people don't like LimestoneNetworks

Left some credits there. Not coming back.

@Marionette Your username remembers me they guy/girl named Maonique (or something like that).

• imok said: @Marionette Your username remembers me they guy/girl named Maonique (or something like that).

Well I suppose they both start with M but I don't know who that is.

• @willie prgmr updated their site :(

• nfoservers.com I've used them 9 years on and off... Quality outfit

• WSSWSS Member

@Marionette said:
    Compassion and empathy from WSS. I think its time for everyone to retire, the end of the world is at hand.

Not interested in pulling your strings, thanks all the same.

• JebingJebing Member
    edited January 2018

Vultr and AWS

They have quality, but prices are more expensive than the usual LET providers.

• Leaseweb & NForce for dedicated servers. AWS for cloud services.

• Alibaba cloud

I've been using their services for years.

• for dedi and colocation.

ceranetworks and anchnet.

• SoftLayer in last few years - the beast of bare metal cloud but not used anymore bcuz of their pricing.

• Im using HostWithLove shared for about 4 months. So far so good.

• At the moment, the only provider that I use who isn't on LET is HostMantis for shared hosting, which has been very good so far. (I got -80% on BF/CM.)

• I am using websahibi.com's shared hosting to create a local HA cluster for semi static websites. ~ $2 *3 per month total for servers in Ankara, İzmir and İstanbul.

• fkjfkj Member

AWS, GCE, Azure, Alibaba, Tencent, literally every "CLOUD" provider has no presence in LET.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

fkj said: AWS, GCE, Azure, Alibaba, Tencent, literally every "CLOUD" provider has no presence in LET.

And you use them all and they are your goto hosts?

• I myself don't look for the "perfect provider" since I have a software based solution that is (reasonably, I think) based on the assumption that no provider/DC/network is properly working always at 100%.

I have some clients, though, who insist (old style mindset?) on "100% reliable" providers. Usually I send them to leaseweb or to a german company with a professional reputation (plusserver; they also have a number of specialized sub companies). ovh might be another good option but I find them bureaucratic and somewhat arrogant.