Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider Poll Discussion - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider Poll Discussion

13»

Comments

• @teamacc said:

@sureiam said:
    Perhaps they could use ip data? Sure the mods that created the thread can see it But maybe that'll be something for next year

Use the signup ip? Use the last-seen ip? Use which geolocation service? What if the ip checks out to be a VPN? Does that even count?

Last seen IP and just deal with the vpn possibility as a variant like a mailed in vote. But i do see your point. Perhaps we can just ask and see if people are willing to say their country code in their vote? I know though this is just complicating it more. Maybe it would be just easier to have regional awards like best global, best NA, best euro, best asia, etc providers. And distinguish it that way. That'd be cool anyway for those looking for services.

• @sureiam said:

@teamacc said:

@sureiam said:
    Perhaps they could use ip data? Sure the mods that created the thread can see it But maybe that'll be something for next year

Use the signup ip? Use the last-seen ip? Use which geolocation service? What if the ip checks out to be a VPN? Does that even count?

Last seen IP and just deal with the vpn possibility as a variant like a mailed in vote. But i do see your point. Perhaps we can just ask and see if people are willing to say their country code in their vote? I know though this is just complicating it more. Maybe it would be just easier to have regional awards like best global, best NA, best euro, best asia, etc providers. And distinguish it that way. That'd be cool anyway for those looking for services.

Do we even have enough overall votes to split it this way? I could see the value if we have a few thousand votes to break down, but at the current numbers it may diminish and dilute the votes too much.

• XeiXei Member
    edited January 2018

@Maounique said:

sureiam said: i can't understand why state bound users would want their data in Europe.

But... But... Offsore, no DMCA???

EU is generally believed to have better privacy regulations than the US also.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • @Xei said:

@Maounique said:

sureiam said: i can't understand why state bound users would want their data in Europe.

But... But... Offsore, no DMCA???

EU is generally believed to have better privacy regulations than the US also.

Depends on the country from what i know Germany for example is even more strict than the US.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Seems to be an alarming amount of people joining just to vote, shenanigans?

Thanked by 2vimalware layfon
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Seems to be an alarming amount of people joining just to vote, shenanigans?

thank god there are no negative voting.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith bersy
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

The Vultr scam discussion just got censored entirely from the thread? Not even moved here? Wow.

• Which Vultr scam discussion? I missed it...

• TomTom Member

@hawc does say discussion will be removed if not in here...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@Amitz is there a log of deleted posts in this forum? Anyways let's continue there: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2600998/#Comment_2600998

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Amitz said:
    Which Vultr scam discussion? I missed it...

I deleted some non voting posts from the other thread

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @rm_ said:
    @Amitz is there a log of deleted posts in this forum? Anyways let's continue there: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2600998/#Comment_2600998

This is Vanilla... :-( There is a log of changed posts (which does not work very well), but not for deletions, as far as I know and can see.