Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba Cloud Small Cloud VPS (Cloud Server Smart) price reduced - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba Cloud Small Cloud VPS (Cloud Server Smart) price reduced

Comments

• @Sova said:
    How's the reliability on your Aruba VPS's?
    Have any downtime, stability or other issues?

I've been a customer for a year and my VPS's have been great! No issues what so ever.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2017

@Maounique said:

Shot2 said: They may have overlooked it for existing instances

No, they said existing instances keep the same price.

P.S. I was searching for that mail and it is also conspicuously missing, I wonder if they dont send me mails about pricing, do you know when it went out? I mean the one with the price increase in some DCs.

I got the mail at 15:32 CET:

yet in the control panel it still says:

I guess I'll have to watch closely from Dec 03 ;-)

maybe they are just lowering/adjusting the prices only for those already paying 5€ so they don't need to spawn new instances and stuff...

also agree on thinking about keeping 'idle' boxes for more than a single eur ...

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Falzo said: I got the mail

I got that one AND this one, since I've an account on both their International and Italian portal

Note that there's no mention of 1€ boxes, since they've never been available from the Italian portal and note how they mark IN BOLD that this will be the new price for "new purchases and renewals, regardless of their place of [first] activation"

Some days ago they definitively moved the HQ from Arezzo to Ponte San Pietro (DC-IT3) too

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2017

Does Aruba still ask for ID documents? In general, just for VAT exemption, or not at all?

• @rm_ said:
    Does Aruba still ask for ID documents? In general, just for VAT exception, or not at all?

They did not ask me for an ID when I registered a year ago. I do not have VAT exemption.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2017

rm_ said: Does Aruba still ask for ID documents? In general, just for VAT exception, or not at all?

Didnt ask me at account creation, only for VAT and it was quite a saga...
    I created a company account first, asked no docs, but asked when i wanted them to remove VAT.
    I created personal account after, asked no docs, didnt apply for VAT reverse, it was personal.
    If personal account, they wont ask anything in my experience, but support looked so brain dead, I would not wonder if the practice is not uniform.

I got the email (in english, of course) too.

Falzo said: also agree on thinking about keeping 'idle' boxes for more than a single eur ...

Who says idle :o Mine rarely have loads under 1.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Maounique said:

rm_ said: Does Aruba still ask for ID documents? In general, just for VAT exception, or not at all?

Didnt ask me at account creation, only for VAT and it was quite a saga...
    I created a company account first, asked no docs, but asked when i wanted them to remove VAT.
    I created personal account after, asked no docs, didnt apply for VAT reverse, it was personal.
    If personal account, they wont ask anything in my experience, but support looked so brain dead, I would not wonder if the practice is not uniform.

I got the email (in english, of course) too.

Falzo said: also agree on thinking about keeping 'idle' boxes for more than a single eur ...

Who says idle :o Mine rarely have loads under 1.

Abuser!!!

• This smells fishy, why now? Is this some strange marketing offer that has something to do with Black Friday coming soon, in a weird attempt to demolish competition?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2017

default said: in a weird attempt to demolish competition?

1 GB 1 vCPU 20 GB even SSD and VMWare for 2.8 Eur+VAT is not exactly a demolishing offer. It may be half the market average if that, hardly the rock bottom.
    1 Eur, yeah, that is a wrecking ball and it is still available here and there for us, scrubs.
    So, nope, don; think this was a reason. I fear it may be a cover for price hikes for the grandfathered instances.

• Can I run docker on Debian instance with their VMWare hypervisor ? The 1 eur sounds tempting to run a couple of low traffic websites.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@default said:

Fresh fish does not smell.

• @Neoon said:

@default said:

Fresh fish does not smell.

Neither does a hygienic woman.

• OT: I tried the €1 offer once and it was good. Was used to test Centminmod (which works good too). I wonder, how many WordPress sites and put on that €1 space? Sites are low performance with less than 1000 hits per day.

• @rm_ said:
    Does Aruba still ask for ID documents? In general, just for VAT exemption, or not at all?

Nope, it never asking for my ID nor any related documents

• @dergelbe said:
    OT: I tried the €1 offer once and it was good. Was used to test Centminmod (which works good too). I wonder, how many WordPress sites and put on that €1 space? Sites are low performance with less than 1000 hits per day.

Get one and test your self, because everyone use different theme, plugin etc.

For my usage it can handle 5000 UV/day, using wp super cache to cache content.

• uhuuhu Member
    edited November 2017

Google translate is your polyglot friend.

Sadly, they are only taking orders from Polish postal addresses at the moment.

• I kinda liked them; had multiple vpss with them. Could even live with the CP (although some functionality isn't even there) - but I left and will not try them again/give a second chance.

Reasons: Weirdness (to put it very politely) with funds, wavering and constantly changing quality of connectivity, fucking around with prices ("Only A and B stay 1 € but C, D, and E are now x €"), and utterly ridiculous support (desinterested, incompetent, idiotic).

Nope. no more interest in another round with aruba.

• I'm trying to create a new VPS on IT1/CZ1 and shows 2,79€, not 1€ anymore.

• @uhu said:

Google translate is your polyglot friend.

Sadly, they are only taking orders from Polish postal addresses at the moment.

Really? I just ordered another one yesterday, maybe because I have an existing user account.

• Good point, I'll rephrase. You can't sign up with anything other than a Polish address at the moment. I guess if you already have an account you're fine.

• @Vancete said:
    I'm trying to create a new VPS on IT1/CZ1 and shows 2,79€, not 1€ anymore.

Wrong, that is still 1€. Can you provide a screenshot?

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2017

dergelbe said: how many WordPress sites and put on that €1 space

I already stressed out that, despite the uptime, connection quality is... variable. On some boxes in Germany's and IT2's DCs some six months ago I experienced some random "freezes" as well; uptime isn't the only think you should look forward, imho, then again it may or may not be a "good enough" performance for some sites of yours. I already knew Aruba for stuff besides the VPS realm and for the life of me I wouldn't like to depend on them. I'm currently just keeping one idle box in IT1 for idling purposes and nothing more, regularly paying manually one month at a time and on the last day available.

Vancete said: I'm trying to create a new VPS on IT1/CZ1 and shows 2,79€, not 1€ anymore.

Are you sure you were using the "International customer" portal? Different portals, different prices. I can still see the 1€ thing for new activations on DC-IT1 and DC-CZ1 through arubacloud.com and 2,79€ via cloud.it. They may try to redirect you to a different portal if they geolocate you in France, Italy, Mexico, Hungary, Poland and so on.

• @mfs
    Well, I still have no idea how far I can stretch the €1 box. When I tested Centminmod I had only 1 WP site on it - and it loaded really fast.
    But I would certainly not put anything essential on such a box.

This said, I have still an account on iPage shared with a few sites that really don't matter and I am thinking of moving them to the Aruba €1 box when the end time comes..

• @default said:

@Vancete said:
    I'm trying to create a new VPS on IT1/CZ1 and shows 2,79€, not 1€ anymore.

Wrong, that is still 1€. Can you provide a screenshot?
    @mfs said:

dergelbe said: how many WordPress sites and put on that €1 space

I already stressed out that, despite the uptime, connection quality is... variable. On some boxes in Germany's and IT2's DCs some six months ago I experienced some random "freezes" as well; uptime isn't the only think you should look forward, imho, then again it may or may not be a "good enough" performance for some sites of yours. I already knew Aruba for stuff besides the VPS realm and for the life of me I wouldn't like to depend on them. I'm currently just keeping one idle box in IT1 for idling purposes and nothing more, regularly paying manually one month at a time and on the last day available.

Vancete said: I'm trying to create a new VPS on IT1/CZ1 and shows 2,79€, not 1€ anymore.

Are you sure you were using the "International customer" portal? Different portals, different prices. I can still see the 1€ thing for new activations on DC-IT1 and DC-CZ1 through arubacloud.com and 2,79€ via cloud.it. They may try to redirect you to a different portal if they geolocate you in France, Italy, Mexico, Hungary, Poland and so on.

https://i.imgur.com/TUuFU7K.png

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2017

@Vancete create a new account using the "International customer" portal, make sure that the URL is "arubacloud.com" and that in the top right corner of their homepage you see "Country: International"

P.S.: and make sure to stay on arubacloud.com during the whole signup process (you'll probably be asked to... "top up" your credit with at least 1 € before accessing anything, if you try to register without adding credit first you're likely redirected)

• @mfs said:
    @Vancete create a new account using the "International customer" portal, make sure that the URL is "arubacloud.com" and that in the top right corner of their homepage you see "Country: International"

I've topped-up my account yesterday on my country panel, where the small VPS is at 2,79.

If I login via the international panel, I have 0€ but the server is at 1€.

What a shitty system.

• @Vancete said:

@mfs said:

I've topped-up my account yesterday on my country panel, where the small VPS is at 2,79.

If I login via the international panel, I have 0€ but the server is at 1€.

What a shitty system.

did you actually top up (and already pay for it) or just order the top up? I agree it's kind of messy ;-)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Vancete said: What a shitty system.

I know. Fact is, they're trying to use "dumping" prices to enter new markets whilst retaining high prices where they've established a presence. If you compare the other VPS prices, you'll notice that they are invariably doubled if you don't access through the "International Customer" portal. ie in their homeland they sell the Medium/Large/Extralarge VPS for 13€-25€-50€/mo whilst on the "International" portal the price tags are 6,50€-12,50€-25€/mo.
    Funds added in one country account are there forever and can't be used in another country or international account.

• For what it's worth, if you sign up with PayPal, and disable automatic payments, they'll send a "Fraud Alert" and tell you that you need to send government issued ID, bank statement, and credit card.

I just transferred my $0.17 domain away and the rest can go away. Fuck 'em.