Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ccavenue users from india ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ccavenue users from india ?

hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

do they auto covert USD to rupees ?

Comments

• Yes. I have ccavenue payment gateway. Also I tried Payumoney.
    But both have problems as my main currency is USD in WHMCS.
    It will convert from USD to INR; but WHMCS will show the amount wrongly. If a client pays $1, it will collect Rs.68 and shows $68 as payment received, resulting in a credit balance for the client for coming years!

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

wow big bug !!

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

I once tried to use them but later came to know that they don't allow web hosts to accept International cards.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

why not collect in usd and the settlement be in inr?

agentmishra said: why not collect in usd and the settlement be in inr?

well I want to accept Indian debit/credit cards and need auto usd to rupees auto conversion as I do not want to have many currencies setup in the site .

• adxn said: I once tried to use them but later came to know that they don't allow web hosts to accept International cards.

I think, its allowed to select software service option to use ccavenue with web hosting service. :)

• @hostdare said:

agentmishra said: why not collect in usd and the settlement be in inr?

well I want to accept Indian debit/credit cards and need auto usd to rupees auto conversion as I do not want to have many currencies setup in the site .

I suggest to use Instamojo. Iam using it.

Please signup for payment gateway here - Makes collecting payments so easy. Signup with my code and get Rs 500! https://imjo.in/ctVtFrctVtFr (my afflink)

• @Intelpentium0

How's that gonna help him with his problem?

Thanked by 2bugrakoc hostdare
  • hostdare said: wow big bug !!

>

https://aliexpress.com/ also have similar bug for INR. It just shows usd instead of inr sometimes :p lol

though payments are handled correctly.

btw, regarding your thread... not sure what you're trying to do but it's best to use paypal for payments outside of india and use local gateway only for indian payments to avoid fx.

BecomeWebHost said: outside of india and use local gateway only for indian payments to avoid fx.

but that will need different plans for India right ? I am trying to make one plan where indian ( in rs) and international customers pay in USD.

• @jetchirag said:
    @Intelpentium0

How's that gonna help him with his problem?

There is no any problem as of now. If he is going with CCavenue, assuming that his main currency is not INR, he too will face the same problem that I faced. I asked Payumoney developers too about currency issue. Both WHMCS and Payumoney support couldn't help to sort it out. Atlast I found that Instamojo is working by converting USD to INR before sending it to instamojo site and beautifully converts back to USD which neither Payu nor Ccavenue could do with their plugins.. So I suggested OP to go with imojo. Thats all.
    Why should I want him to use ccavenue or payumoney and face same issue and posting more threads to get a 'solution'.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • Doesn't Paypal work for you? Should work just fine but the fees may not be comfortable

paypal india-india transactions are disabled as per Indian banks regulations .

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@hostdare said:
    paypal india-india transactions are disabled as per Indian banks regulations .

you can take payumoney, its free and then tell you clients indian clients to pay through that

• BecomeWebHostBecomeWebHost Member
    edited October 2017

@hostdare said:

BecomeWebHost said: outside of india and use local gateway only for indian payments to avoid fx.

but that will need different plans for India right ? I am trying to make one plan where indian ( in rs) and international customers pay in USD.

Oh OK! so basically you may want to use "Convert to for Processing" option in whmcs which will convert usd to inr before processing payments in indian gateways such as PayU money (conversion rate can be specified or set to auto update daily).

@Intelpentium0, you tried this same way I am describing? I think it's some error in your setup.

also mention india only if it's payU money.

BecomeWebHost said: "Convert to for Processing" option in whmcs

can you update us a small guides ?

• @hostdare said:

BecomeWebHost said: "Convert to for Processing" option in whmcs

can you update us a small guides ?

You can check their documentation here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Payment_Gateways

• BecomeWebHost said: @Intelpentium0, you tried this same way I am describing? I think it's some error in your setup.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/convert-to-for-processing-credit-card-gateways-callback

or this is the issue you're facing. lol

edited October 2017

how to make sure whmcs send converted USD > RS amount to ccavenue ? @BecomeWebHost

I have setup INR currency in whmcs now . how is payumoney support team ?

• SamPSamP Member
    edited October 2017

Has same issues with ccavenue and payumoney plugin, anyone dealt with razorpay? they accept international cc also, with no setup or maintenance cost, but their account setup process is not that easy like that of payumoney.

• @hostdare said:
    how to make sure whmcs send converted USD > RS amount to ccavenue ? @BecomeWebHost

I have setup INR currency in whmcs now . how is payumoney support team ?

I have no experience with ccavenue but you can try it as shown on docs for whmcs.

can't say about payumoney support as I didn't need any. They have whmcs support just need to configure it :)

may be @dewlance can guide you more as he have it on his website currently.

• @SamP said:
    Has same issues with ccavenue and payumoney plugin, anyone dealt with razorpay? they accept international cc also, with no setup or maintenance cost, but their account setup process is not that easy like that of payumoney.

I have given my aff link above to signup with instamojo. Very easy setup. I mean easier than Payumoney. I am using it. Anyone wanna try? Plz let me know so that I can create a $1 item to check payment in INR.

@BecomeWebHost said:

BecomeWebHost said: @Intelpentium0, you tried this same way I am describing? I think it's some error in your setup.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/convert-to-for-processing-credit-card-gateways-callback

or this is the issue you're facing. lol

It could be the issue. But my point is that, it never worked in the way which it was supposed to.

• Payumoney support said (3-Jan-2016)

Hi,

You can convert it back in success page.

But this will be done at your end.

This is the reply from WHMCS on 17-Feb-2016

When using the 'Convert to for processing' feature in WHMCS, the developer of the 'Payumoney' module will need to ensure that their gateway uses the convertCurrency function to convert the amounts back from INR to the client's currency in WHMCS (USD).
    As we did not create the module ourselves regrettably I cannot confirm whether this is the case for this module or correct the problem in the code. Please contact the vendor directly to correct this commission in their code.

Payumoney (29-Feb-2016)

As payu money supports only INR value.
    Conversions can be done but only from your side.

Tell me plzzzzzz, Who am I? Nincompoop??

• https://github.com/WHMCS/sample-gateway-module

hmmm this should be the last option if you don't find any working gateway :D

@Intelpentium0 what about ccavenue ?

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member
    edited October 2017

@hostdare said:
    @Intelpentium0 what about ccavenue ?

Ccavenue too have the problem. They gave me a module via email. But no way.

Intelpentium0 said: Ccavenue too have the problem. They gave me a module via email. But no way.

Instamojo gives me this error

https://image.prntscr.com/image/Y8OUzcKQQyy1R-sN01AJUA.png