Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reputable Russian VPS Providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reputable Russian VPS Providers?

YmpkerYmpker Member

Are there any reputable VPS Providers SITUATED in Russia that you can recommend?

Comments

• ansiklopediansiklopedi Member
    edited May 2017

What is a reputable provider?

Netengi.ru (Almost 7/24 live support. Very good support. Starting $4,4/monthly), en.ihor.ru, ruvds.com, vstoike.ru (veesp.com), vscale.io, firstbyte.ru, isplevel.com, memvds.ru

Other providers list: poiskvps.com and vds.click

Do not forget to thank me!!!

• vavyvavy Member

hostkey.com

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • vstoike

Thanked by 1Veesp
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2017

ansiklopedi said: en.ihor.ru

Stay away from those clowns, they charge a monthly fee per each single IPv6 (a proper /64 would cost trillions USD per month with them...)

Veesp is reputable, Vscale should also be okay.

Avoid those who use "BillManager" (this crap) or still use the term "VDS" (the latter somehow happens to be a black mark, a sign of the product being insanely oversold OpenVZ with weird restrictions and poor support).

Thanked by 3Ympker ucxo ValdikSS
  • @rm_ Lol. Idiot. Itldc.com (big provider) also uses BillManager. Is it illegal to use BillManager? You stupid boy.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

ansiklopedi said: You stupid boy.

!

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited May 2017

When you say "reputable" first thing that comes to mind is masterhost.

There is also jino, been using them for personal mail for very long time, like ~10 years. In terms of vps-es they offer cheap nat by default (with optional dedicated ip-s) vm-s with daily billing.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Im gonna check out the Veesp 3 day free trial thing :)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Ive used HostKey before a long time ago. Not too bad (not too great either).

Might have improved in the past 10 or years though...

• m3gfm3gf Member

where is @vpsru

• m3gfm3gf Member

ok wrong username,

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Is anything out of Russia reputable?

edited May 2017

Is it illegal to use BillManager?

When you use a panel which looks and feels like it's from mid 1990s, it's technically not illegal, but does say a lot about you and the level of care you show towards your service and customers.

Gamma17 said: When you say "reputable" first thing that comes to mind is masterhost.

You must be kidding, they are terrible. http://hosting101.ru/masterhost.ru it's all on the red side. Also there was a case when they lost data of someone I know with a dedi (replacing the wrong HDD or something), then replying to him accidentally quoted the entire internal back and forth about the issue, with all the attempts to shift the blame and talking about the customer in a really rude way between themselves. No screenshots remain as that was quite some time ago, so just take my advice to avoid.

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited May 2017

@rm_ said:
    You must be kidding, they are terrible. http://hosting101.ru/masterhost.ru it's all on the red side. Also there was a case when they lost data of someone I know with a dedi (replacing the wrong HDD or something), then replying to him accidentally quoted the entire internal back and forth about the issue, with all the attempts to shift the blame and talking about the customer in a really rude way between themselves. No screenshots remain as that was quite some time ago, so just take my advice to avoid.

Well, each provider has bad reviews, it is unavoidable, especially if you have a lot of clients.
    I was talking more about the fact that they are in business for a very long time, and i worked in company which had corporate site hosted there somwhere in around ~2005-2007 and had no issues working with their support and no downtimes.

• jtkjtk Member

Here are a couple that may be reasonable considerations:

The following I don't believe are based in Russia, but do have VMs available there:

Thanked by 2Ympker deployvm
  • bersybersy Member
    edited May 2017

ansiklopedi said: Netengi.ru (Almost 7/24 live support. Very good support. Starting $4,4/monthly), en.ihor.ru, ruvds.com, vstoike.ru (veesp.com), vscale.io, firstbyte.ru, isplevel.com, memvds.ru

FirstByte is mostly a crap to my knowledge. RuVDS, IHOR both are not top ones either.

• teamaccteamacc Member

What about myvps.ru? They appear to (re)sell netbreeze.ru vpsses, but with different packages/pricing. They've been stable for me for a few years now, aside from some ddos impacting their infra for 24h or so a few months back.

edited May 2017

Gamma17 said: Well, each provider has bad reviews, it is unavoidable

But in this case, as Steam would put it, what they get is "Overwhelmingly Negative". Really, the only good thing people could say about them, is that they have support, and that it's in Russian. (duh!)

• ShishovShishov Member

justhost.ru
    skyhost.ru
    invs.ru

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

rm_ said: still use the term "VDS" (the latter somehow happens to be a black mark, a sign of the product being insanely oversold OpenVZ with weird restrictions and poor support).

This has been my experience as well...I don't know why, but I agree with your correlation.

ansiklopedi said: Idiot.

ansiklopedi said:You stupid boy.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

Ympker said: Are there any reputable VPS Providers SITUATED in Russia that you can recommend?

active.by sells VPS physically hosted in Minsk which is geographically closer to Moscow/St. Petersburg than most of Russia. Price is not competitive with W. European/N. American providers - but it's where you want it.

They are a subsidiary of Softline, a Russian IT conglomerate that does IT stuff in emerging markets (CIS, Asia, the Americas, ...)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YuraYura Member
    edited May 2017

@jiggawattz said:

Ympker said: Are there any reputable VPS Providers SITUATED in Russia that you can recommend?

active.by sells VPS physically hosted in Minsk which is geographically closer to Moscow/St. Petersburg than most of Russia.

Your trolling is cringy. Which part of "SITUATED in Russia" you didn't understand?

Thanked by 2rm_ bersy
    edited May 2017

Yura said: Your trolling is cringy. Which part of "SITUATED in Russia" you didn't understand?

When people make requests of countries, they are usually interested in a) geography, b) language of website/staff or c) laws.

Vladivostok is in Russia but, if you think in terms of how far the crow flies, New York is actually closer to Russia's population centers (Moscow/St. Petersburg) than Vladivostok. Minsk is just a few ms away, and the language/laws are pretty much the same.

Not sure how that recommendation could be construed as trolling and/or cringy. Maybe your autism spectrum disorder is influencing it, but I'll let you work that out with that special person you trust to help you through life.

plus...

They are a subsidiary of Softline, a Russian IT conglomerate

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Veesp has been quite good for me during the last 1-2 years.

Thanked by 1Veesp
  • @Ympker
    If youre still looking for a Russia provider, we are selling VPS for as low as $4.99
    In the heart of Russia :) MOSCOW
    https://hostslayer.com/russia-openvz.html

• FuslFusl Member

rm_ said: Avoid those who use "BillManager" (this crap) or still use the term "VDS" (the latter somehow happens to be a black mark, a sign of the product being insanely oversold OpenVZ with weird restrictions and poor support).

I have two "VDS" servers with BGP at Melbicom in RU and NL who use ISPsystems ISPmanager software and haven't had any issues so far.

jiggawattz said: New York is actually closer to Russia's population centers (Moscow/St. Petersburg) than Vladivostok.

Meanwhile New York is not situated in Russia (YET), while Vladivostok is. I suggest that you don't try to second-guess the OP, especially as they have emphasized the word SITUATED, as in not "close by", not "nearby with", not "having a low ping to", etc.

Thanked by 2Yura Ympker
  • rm_ said: Meanwhile New York is not situated in Russia (YET), while Vladivostok is. I suggest that you don't try to second-guess the OP, especially as they have emphasized the word SITUATED, as in not "close by", not "nearby with", not "having a low ping to", etc.

What does "situated" mean in this context? Linode has a location in Japan, but their offices are in New Jersey. Is Linode situated in Japan, New Jersey, or both?

You and @Yura are just upset that your country's IT sector just lost a market of 40+ million people. Yet you're upset about a Russian company profiting off BY, a country of polite people that is still buying your country's crap while both of our countries fall apart...

Thanked by 1kendid

jiggawattz said: Linode has a location in Japan, but their offices are in New Jersey. Is Linode situated in Japan, New Jersey, or both?

If someone asked for a "provider situated in Japan", Linode would not qualify indeed, but ones such as Ablenet and Conoha would. Not sure what the OP meant exactly either, but for any reasonable reader these two words would not mean anything other than a requirement for a provider itself being in the country (which in turn means jurisdiction), not just "having a location in", one of many, with HQ somewhere else.

jiggawattz said: BY, a country of polite people

Slowly claps

Oh and stop bringing politics into everything.

edited May 2017

rm_ said: If someone asked for a "provider situated in Japan", Linode would not qualify indeed

So by this logic - active.by is not situated in BY either, because it's owned by a Russian company (Softline). So where is it "situated" then?

but for any reasonable reader these two words would not mean anything other than a requirement for a provider itself being in the country (which in turn means jurisdiction)

.... so I am right.

active.by is just a RU brand folks, as I stated before, just like how OVH is no more a Canadian company/no less a French company just because it sells VPS out of Beauharnois.

Oh and stop bringing politics into everything.

All I did was make a good recommendation. You and @Yura got upset for some illogical reason. Pretty sure I know why...