Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2017

jiajieit said: Expect fsck to end soon

You order, fsck delivers.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Nekki said:

@jiajieit said:
    Expect fsck to end soon

Thanks bro, guess everyone can relax now.

I guess that @jiajieit's telegram could be taken in two ways:

(i) [Hey you all,] expect fsck to end soon[!]

or

(ii) [I personally] expect fsck to end soon[.]

By the way, Nekki, maybe time to think about updating your signature? :-)

• SvenSven Member

cociu and his "Hosting company" is unprofessional. Just look how he handle issues on LET. He was atleast one time banned on LET. I think its your own fault to go with him.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@jiajieit said:
    Expect fsck to end soon

or

Deconstructing a comment to work out all its potential meanings is like, so boring, yo.

Eh, effort.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

Sven said: cociu and his "Hosting company" is unprofessional. Just look how he handle issues on LET. He was atleast one time banned on LET. I think its your own fault to go with him.

lol , and you are ?

• @Sven said:
    cociu and his "Hosting company" is unprofessional. Just look how he handle issues on LET. He was atleast one time banned on LET. I think its your own fault to go with him.

Pretty much every provider I've been with has made a mistake, the thing that I judge them on is how they respond to it & prevent the mistakes in the future. I feel that whilst @cociu could have emailed clients about this, his attempts to ensure that no data has been lost are great, and he is extending everyone affected's billing cycle due date - I can't see much more that could be done at this stage.

The storage VPS was so cheap too. It's slightly cheaper than Backblaze B2 in terms of raw storage, and factoring in outbound bandwidth, so much cheaper. I'm fairly sure people weren't expecting a 100% uptime service at the cheap price for what they were getting.

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@jiajieit said:
    Expect fsck to end soon

or

Deconstructing a comment to work out all its potential meanings is like, so boring, yo.

You may be right about that.

Eh, effort.

I keep clicking on the link, wanting to vote, but always in vain. :-(

• SvenSven Member

@matthewkilpatrick said:

@Sven said:

Pretty much every provider I've been with has made a mistake, the thing that I judge them on is how they respond to it & prevent the mistakes in the future. I feel that whilst @cociu could have emailed clients about this, his attempts to ensure that no data has been lost are great, and he is extending everyone affected's billing cycle due date - I can't see much more that could be done at this stage.

I never said someone must be perfect to be professional. But on LET somethimes he act like a 2 year old baby you stole a lolly.

• cociucociu Member

matthewkilpatrick said: 100% uptime service at the cheap price for what they were getting.

we will talk in 1 year ... not the price made the uptime , at least i dont see in this corner. Yes we faild with 35 users from +2k so .... is almost 1% , and we fail because of human error ... everyone is faill in some moment. I reconose my culpability this time and yes we will try to compensate. But what to to with a such test "fsck" wich dont have any eta ? ....

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

Sven said: I never said someone must be perfect to be professional. But on LET somethimes he act like a 2 year old baby you stole a lolly.

man , go to sleep really , i have faill , i have ask apologise , i have promise 1 month free to all this users ... what i can do more except to ignore persons like you ? If "profesional" is to kiss ass to sell , sorry i am not the person , i like to talk eaven is difficult for me in engles , i like to know people , i like LET ... so you will never see profesional in Cociu . Cociu is a person bad or good one , i make jokes , i talk about sisters ... at least in the past ... so i am human not a kiss ass person who only want to sale ... so if you dont like cociu i always told ignore me .... did i mention your nickname ? I dont think so. About my ban in LET .... was because of people like you , acussing people like me who we work almost 24 hours /day to construct something in a city wich is difficult to construct , etc etc. I own all eaven the bilding , servers, fiber, and i give salary for 18 persons , 6 in hosting in 12 in parfumery ... so go to sleep because you dont know what happened in my home.

Ps : if you look in some "profesional hostings" what you called you will see is came here only to post his offers and dont help with nothing this comunity , eaven with a joke , or at least 1 comment , but is not forgott to post his offers every 14 days ... so ... sorry i am not here to be only profesional ... i am here because i like let not only money, and definetly some persons from here can confirm , i give many free services , i have try to help everyone , etc etc. In change ... you personaly what you have been until now ? nevermind i am not interesed really about your person;

Thanked by 2flex asf

@Sven said:

@matthewkilpatrick said:

@Sven said:

I never said someone must be perfect to be professional. But on LET somethimes he act like a 2 year old baby you stole a lolly.

Please don't disturb @cociu while he's fsck-ing.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

angstrom said: Please don't disturb @cociu while he's fsck-ing.

yes i am looking for one sister but ... i am to ugly at this hour

Thanked by 2S3phy MrObvious
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited May 2017
    System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5660  @ 2.80GHz
    CPU Cores   : 4
    Frequency   : 2800.353 MHz
    Memory      : 4096 MB
    Swap        : 128 MB
    Uptime      : 3 min,

OS      : Debian GNU/Linux 7
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 2.6.32-48-pve
    Hostname    : WSS-is-special

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is: Mine you can't see it dammit!!!!!

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    43.5MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      2.96MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   8.50MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   4.09MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   3.93MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   9.47MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      1.84MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   1.81MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     1.83MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    5.08MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 143 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 135 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 143 MB/s
    Average I/O : 140.333 MB/s

All is well brother, I feel for you man through and as I said in the ticket I appreciate all your efforts. You have done some good work here and I for one am glad to have this box and may order another when this all calms down. Mistakes happen and you have done all you can to rectify them and even kept people in the loop here.

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@quick said:
    Mine shrunk to 18cm

Are you the 9cm guy from 9gag ?

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@AnthonySmith

In theory I'm with you. Had similar thoughts. Considering the price range we're talking about here, though, one is pretty much bound to go @cociu's way, i.e. staying local, throwing in some disks and a controller and that's about it.

Side note: Based on my (limited) experience with broken arrays, them expensive raid controllers are often actually slowing down things. On the other hand with openvz you are f#cked either way anyway.

My personal take away from this is to not even think about buying anything openvz based and to carefully chose a provider for storage. btw I actually think that cociu could be a fine storage provider once he has gained the experience and has a solid setup (non openvz, of course).
    Reasons, i.a.: I know that cociu has no problem ti throw hardware at problems plus he is not a one man shop but has some experienced professionals in his company.
    I'll wait for cociu "storage vps 2.0" and I think I will be happy then.

As for the current (openvz) thingy, oh well, openvz plus super-cheap ... what did people expect? And of course I still think it wasn't the smartest option to start a new product group with 1000's of customers.

• cociucociu Member

Guys , we have ETA , we aproximate 12 hours to be all in good condition. The fsck is finished and now we want to belance the 35 vms in 3 different arrays wich is take arrownd 12 hours. Thanks all for understand and once the server is online i will change to all users the next due date with +1 month for free like a compensation of what happened.

Regards,
    Marius

• drdrakedrdrake Member

@cociu said:
    Guys , we have ETA , we aproximate 12 hours to be all in good condition. The fsck is finished and now we want to belance the 35 vms in 3 different arrays wich is take arrownd 12 hours. Thanks all for understand and once the server is online i will change to all users the next due date with +1 month for free like a compensation of what happened.

Regards,
    Marius

Please don't forget to email users when this is all finished.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

Hello , vel7 is up. We will change the next due date with +1 month for all this clients (this is a manual operation so we can tard up to 24 hours to change the next due date in your account) . Also we will send a email tumorrow (not today because 3 vm is still copying so once is done all we will send the newsletter. Manythanks for all who have understand this kind of errors is happened. We promise a good service start from today and we will do our best effort to be more competitive and with more quality. Thanks to all folks !

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

when that last GB copies:

• cociucociu Member

AnthonySmith said: when that last GB copies:

lol , yes is like me in this figurine.... was in a small vacation this idiot node (5 days) ....

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Great!

Just curious about, how many nodes do you have in total?

• cociucociu Member

DigitalJosee said: Just curious about, how many nodes do you have in total?

in storage i have tell before is 70. And we prepare anothers 70-100 but we had this unprogramated issue so we have delay...

Thanked by 1DigitalJosee
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Congrats

• @cociu said:
    Hello , vel7 is up. We will change the next due date with +1 month for all this clients (this is a manual operation so we can tard up to 24 hours to change the next due date in your account) . Also we will send a email tumorrow (not today because 3 vm is still copying so once is done all we will send the newsletter. Manythanks for all who have understand this kind of errors is happened. We promise a good service start from today and we will do our best effort to be more competitive and with more quality. Thanks to all folks !

ok ok,You've been working hard.

• sibapersibaper Member
    edited May 2017

#

• FalzoFalzo Member

cociu said: in storage i have tell before is 70. And we prepare anothers 70-100 but

• vaotwakvaotwak Member

cociu said: We promise a good service start from today and we will do our best effort to be more competitive and with more quality. Thanks to all folks !

Unfortunatley after all that downtime on vel7 the hard drives are still unusably slow.
    --- . (simfs /dev/simfs) ioping statistics --- 10 requests completed in 12.4 s, 2 iops, 11.7 KiB/s min/avg/max/mdev = 16.7 ms / 342.2 ms / 2.20 s / 629.8 ms

• DarioXDarioX Member
    edited May 2017

Also on "vel7", I/O speed is okay for me so far. Could be better, but can't really complain for the price.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; rm test

>
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 17.5442 s, 61.2 MB/s

• cociucociu Member

vaotwak said: Unfortunatley after all that downtime on vel7 the hard drives are still unusably slow

i have told we still move some vms in this node. We have put this online because some of users cannot wait more. So please be patciense and definetly finnaly will work perfectly.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

running ioping for 10 seconds and dd tests on a pure storage node just boggle my mind..

Question: Can you store data on it at a reasonable rate?

Answer: Yes, case closed.

Question: Are you using it as a compute node?

Answer: Yes, well you need to learn the true cost of things and get serious, case closed.

I don't think there are any other scenarios to cover really.

This discussion has been closed.