Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet another hostsolutions.ro review. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yet another hostsolutions.ro review.

Comments

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited May 2017

@cociu said:

no , you are not ,only you are obligated to lie about you have opened thikets befor for anothers issue , so we are a shit company with many many issues. Unfortunatly for you i have more customers from this forum and can tel the contrarious. For exemple @Ovear was post a speed test and is totaly in contradiction with what you have acuse my darling :)

If you read my first post carefully, i tried to be as specific as possible. I was writing about storage vps-s i got, not about you, your company or something. And about the expirience with them. It's you, who started all this "shit company" etc...

And if someone had positive expirience, well, that's good, they will write about it for people to see. But i had a negative one.

Also... about those tikets, as you continue this every post... i really did not want to continue it but... i either lied or i did not lie. For me it is impossible to prove, for you anything is possible here. But anyway, how does it matter? I said nothing about support, just about VPS-es, and they should work regardless of any tickets, and if they does not i can be dissatisfied and write about it here.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

While one could be of the opinion that @Gamma17 should have tried harder to resolve problems through tickets, I don't see what's wrong with his/her posting a review based on his/her actual experience with the service until now, which hasn't been so positive. @Gamma17's review (just reread the opening post) seems fair and even-handed. Like it or not, there is a difference between a service that works as intended without the need for tickets to resolve basic issues and a service that doesn't work as intended with the need for tickets to resolve basic issues, and it's okay to point out this difference.

By now, it seems fairly clear that things spiraled out of control for @cociu after those Easter promotions even if he (let us assume) had the best of intentions at the beginning.

• keep up the good work @cociu we all love you here

• ymgswxymgswx Member

@cociu
    I am one of your user.
    My experience Is good,fast response of tickets to solve problem,And The new add os template,i see your hardwork to prove customer's service.
    Particularly in this cheap price.Just Forget this,when people who have problems,this don't want to solve,just want to complain,to do something negative instead of communicate,a sick psychology.Don't waste You time here.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

cociu said: What was molesting me is your lies

Epic! Now that is the real 'gem' most people read such threads for :P

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@maldovia said:
    keep up the good work @cociu we all love you here

Maybe get your head out of his ass?

This is not a @cociu support group to support his mental instabilities.

• drdrakedrdrake Member

@drdrake said:
    @cocio I am having the same problem as OP. Maybe we are in the same note. Check out ticket #605571. It will help you troubleshoot the problem.

@cociu

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

For what it is worth, I think this thread is a bit OTT given the amount of time the OP has had the VPS there was more than enough time to open a ticket which would have taken significantly less effort and time than this review and if anything only would have added some quality content to the review itself.

It is a bit much assuming it should just work regardless, the world is not perfect with only a VPS on a node you do not have the full picture it is entirely possible and plausible that no amount of monitoring (excluding that which in itself would cause performance issues) would have identified this.

That said, is this on OnApp's SolusVM?

They have a long outstanding, unacknowledged, unfixed bug caused by long complex passwords during provisioning that can cause similar symptoms within the container made significantly worse if the container is ploop based.

I really don't think fair opportunity to remedy the issue has been given here which in my eyes renders this review as useful as 1 sentence:

"I have issues with my VPS, I don't know why, I did not ask for help and nothing got better, reasons unknown."

I think @cocio needs to calm down a bit, he never does himself any favors by justifying these threads with anything but: "Ticket number please?" which I suggest is what he does in the future.

English is probably his 3rd language so you need to keep that in mind.

• @tr1cky said:

@maldovia said:
    keep up the good work @cociu we all love you here

Maybe get your head out of his ass?

This is not a @cociu support group to support his mental instabilities.

being rude is not nice

nobody likes rude people on LET

• JinxJinx Member
    edited May 2017

• JinxJinx Member
    edited May 2017

@cociu said:
    @Jarland or @isaq , any mod can be this deleted because i know will go to another way , seems to be our tikeing sistem this threads... the op have opened the tiket after 2 hours fomt this post , also i have proof no thiket before was opened so yes i feel this is a bad intention.

I thought you loved these type of threads as they generate more sales for you?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@AnthonySmith: I agree, a ticket on the part of @Gamma17 would have been useful, it would have made his/her review stronger. At the same time, what @Gamma17 experienced doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. But @cociu often also overreacts, and too defensively (or too offensively, depending on how we look at it).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • cociucociu Member

Jinx said: I thought you loved these type of threads as they generate more sales for you?

verry true but right now not have time of this shit....

• @angstrom Sure, it may not be an isolated incident, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have to open a ticket to resolve his issues. That's why you have support.
    Otherwise, yes, @cociu overreacts sometimes, and as a whole, @Gamma17's review was pretty much good, without accussations.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • cociucociu Member

angstrom said: @AnthonySmith: I agree, a ticket on the part of @Gamma17 would have been useful, it would have made his/her review stronger. At the same time, what @Gamma17 experienced doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. But @cociu often also overreacts, and too defensively (or too offensively, depending on how we look at it).

will be the last comment in this drama. WTF ... how can we know the op have problems if hi dont never opened a tiket ? This is the fault. Now the lies and try to make a bad name from hostsolutions : he write this before i have posted any comment : I have opened tikets with anothers isuses like poor performance ... Where is the proof ? because i post the proof , was post only a tiket after 2 hours when i pressed him. I was sure this is a fake acuzation. I always repeat , we are here to work , but i am not here to be blamed withowt any proof.

• cociucociu Member

dimitrisp said: review was pretty much good, without accussations.

so a reviews with lies in the middle is ok, this is what i will not tolerate. I reconose i am not the biggest/performant hosting in the world but i try to make people happy of his service and when i see one accusing and lie ... sorry i not tollerate. Is possible his vps have some problems i cannot denied because if we dont recive complain we cannot know how your vps is. nothing to tell more here.

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited May 2017

@cociu said:
    will be the last comment in this drama. WTF ... how can we know the op have problems if hi dont never opened a tiket ? This is the fault. Now the lies and try to make a bad name from hostsolutions : he write this before i have posted any comment : I have opened tikets with anothers isuses like poor performance ... Where is the proof ? because i post the proof , was post only a tiket after 2 hours when i pressed him. I was sure this is a fake acuzation. I always repeat , we are here to work , but i am not here to be blamed withowt any proof.

(Dont know why no one else is seeing this).
    @cociu : That is not what he meant. It is just a language issue. He meant that he has created tickets for issues OTHER THAN PERFORMANCE. So, he agreed that he DID NOT create a ticket for bad performance (which he should have, in my opinion). No lie there. Just a small misunderstanding.

• racksxracksx Member
    edited May 2017

Hi,
    @drdrake @Gamma17,
    It is easy to understand how a server works even in raid10 like cociu says it has, assuming the server has 8 hard drives, the raid10 would do 8x read and 4x write speed gain, on a 8TB WD Gold hard disk you will gain maximum 200Mb/s rw speed * raid 10 = 1.6GB read, 800Mb/s write speed, if you have 20 users on that server and you split the speed among 20 users you will get 80Mb/s on read and 40mb/s on write speed +/- the math is simple, you cannot expect to get 1GB/s write/read on €4 per month storage box, I know cociu does the best he can to offer good services, but it is always best to contact cociu and ask why performance is slow, it might be an hardware failure or anything which can cause it or it might be oversold.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

So this one got a bit out of control, eh.

This is one of those cases where there needs to be some common sense applied, based on the situation.

A big storage offer from a provider known for ignoring DCMA was always going to lead to some serious challenges in respect of performance where shared resources are in play; anyone buying a plan should really have seen this coming, and made a decision to buy/not buy accordingly. They should also have asked upfront about potential performance before buying to avoid disappointment. And seriously folks, some of you need to live in the real world a little and realise that providers aren't superhuman and that sometimes they will have to deal with problems they didn't anticipate and that takes time.

Coming onto a forum to complain is never going to be helpful to anyone unless the full context of the situation is explained, but such is human nature that this rarely happens - instead you end up with something at least partially one-sided which results in the provider defending themselves and so on and so forth. Neither party usually comes out of these exchanges with dignity and reputation fully intact, so they serve little purpose other than to invite the LE Mob.

This thread could have been handled better on both sides, no doubt...and the result is that a provider has lost a customer and a customer no longer had his VPS...I'm sure that's not what either wanted to happen.

• another one of these "i pay $4/mo and expect 110% support and performance at all times" threads

what do people expect? to open a ticket (or in this case not even open a ticket) and have cocius attention immediately? no, with over 1000 servers he is very busy, obviously there is some abuse on these nodes, (again, what did you expect?) and they are not performing well, but as he as said many times he is working to get these issues fixed. Whenever people open a thread on LET cociu always responds very quickly, i however not seen to many (none that I know of) of people complaining that cociu is ignoring their tickets.

@racksx, he said this storage offer was RAID 10 "as always" I believe, so the speed should be substantially higher

• datakodatako Member

No complaint here, but I just want to say that @cociu responded to my ticket when opened VERY quick and was incredibly helpful in resolving my issues. Didn't read this whole thread as it's just getting long and out of hand now, but I think cociu is pretty fast

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • cociucociu Member

datako said: No complaint here, but I just want to say that @cociu responded to my ticket when opened VERY quick and was incredibly helpful in resolving my issues. Didn't read this whole thread as it's just getting long and out of hand now, but I think cociu is pretty fast

except in the last week yes we are normaly "fast" if you compare with anothers. Any way if we dont recive a tiket we cannot know about the issue , more i have lost 2 hours to see what is in this "vel6" node and all test is more than 100 mbps .. so i think eaven the test maybe was wrong or the op was missconfig something. Until now i have suspected a "oversale" module because in the first storage plan we let the module to choose when had more resources and i have suspecting was fails but in this case i dont think so.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2017

I don't mind even if I only get 1TB ftp credentials for the crazy 6month price. Saves you an IPv4. :)

Who else is with me?

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • drdrakedrdrake Member

@vimalware said:
    I don't mind even if I only get 1TB ftp credentials for the crazy 6month price. Saves you an IPv4. :)

Who else is with me?

Slow down. I use my server for seafile + server backups. IP is needed.

• cociu said: so a reviews with lies in the middle is ok, this is what i will not tolerate. I reconose i am not the biggest/performant hosting in the world but i try to make people happy of his service and when i see one accusing and lie ... sorry i not tollerate. Is possible his vps have some problems i cannot denied because if we dont recive complain we cannot know how your vps is. nothing to tell more here.

That's why I said "pretty much good". I didn't say "perfect".

• FoulFoul Member

I can see the frustration and all, @cociu ; have you ever thought of hiring a PR person? Looks like you can use it because you have a easy tripwire that makes you go "haywire" to lose clients whenever a thread is created on here about your company

/mysevencentsopinion

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Foul said:
    I can see the frustration and all, @cociu ; have you ever thought of hiring a PR person? Looks like you can use it because you have a easy tripwire that makes you go "haywire" to lose clients whenever a thread is created on here about your company

/mysevencentsopinion

Where's the fun in that?

I reckon @cociu had a large amount of custom as a result of his personality/presence, so I don't know if the net result would be worth it.

Also, PR peeps cost money, right? That's going to hit his bottom line, so you've got to expect the costs to be passed onto customers.

• @cociu I have paid on tuesday but did not receive my 1TB VPS. Could you take a look please? Thank you.

• varunchopravarunchopra Member
    edited May 2017

Assuming a month has really passed, and keeping in mind the number of complaints and the "we are working on it" response from @cociu, I'd like to throw in my $0.02.

I personally feel off dealing with someone who can't speak English correctly, and it just ticks me off. That's why I've never personally bought anything at HostSolutions. I don't have the time or the energy to speak to a wall.

1. As far as his hardware goes. I believe it isn't up to the mark.
    2. As far as I have seen in all the threads to date, cociu's support is half assed and not up to the mark as well. If you can't speak English, get a rep who can.
    3. The service is fairly cheap, and of course, OVZ. Provisioning so many storage servers like this, without any clear knowledge or indication that they couldn't handle the load was a mistake on @cociu's part.

After so many red flags, if people still sign up at HostSolutions, it's their loss, and they deserve to lose their money.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@MarcusVinicius said:
    @cociu I have paid on tuesday but did not receive my 1TB VPS. Could you take a look please? Thank you.

Thanked by 1datako