Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year | - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year |

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2018

Redacted and Redacted - I just added these names to my blacklist, because of all this ContraWeb scam. Those two people are responsible for this hosting disaster (taken from Facebook).

• Tuesday mine finally went dark. Ticket is on hold, and the control panel no longer shows any VPS service for my account. Yes, I put in a claim.

• ucxoucxo Member

@aaraya1516 said:
    Tuesday mine finally went dark. Ticket is on hold, and the control panel no longer shows any VPS service for my account. Yes, I put in a claim.

You too? Nice! :D

Mine went offline on Tuesday at 19:14 UTC. Today at 17:12 UTC, the IP started pinging again, running a completely different server (no SSH, but HTTP, so definitely not my VM).

My ticket was put on hold twice (I opened it on Tueday, and pinged them again 24 hours later). An hour ago, I asked for a refund and they finally responded — that my VPS had been "suspended" because of "abuse". Yeah, right, that's why WHMCS still shows it as active, the IP has been reassigned, and I never received any abuse notifications… (And of course it was an idle VM with password-based login disabled, but who ever cares about that.)

Thanked by 1aaraya1516
  • @ucxo said:

@aaraya1516 said:
    Tuesday mine finally went dark. Ticket is on hold, and the control panel no longer shows any VPS service for my account. Yes, I put in a claim.

Mine went offline on Tuesday at 19:14 UTC. Today at 17:12 UTC, the IP started pinging again, running a completely different server (no SSH, but HTTP, so definitely not my VM).

My ticket was put on hold twice (I opened it on Tueday, and pinged them again 24 hours later). An hour ago, I asked for a refund and they finally responded — that my VPS had been "suspended" because of "abuse". Yeah, right, that's why WHMCS still shows it as active, the IP has been reassigned, and I never received any abuse notifications… (And of course it was an idle VM with password-based login disabled, but who ever cares about that.)

I guess they got a new batch of suckers and had to make room for them. I would vote to ban ContraWeb from LET.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • ucxoucxo Member

@ucxo said:

@aaraya1516 said:

Aaaand they just disabled my WHMCS account. *smh*

• By now it is clear that ContraWeb is a pure scam. They terminated services and put all tickets on hold without any answer. Such persons should be banned from using LET by @jarland or @ishaq

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@default said:
    By now it is clear that ContraWeb is a pure scam. They terminated services and put all tickets on hold without any answer. Such persons should be banned from using LET by @jarland or @ishaq

I second the motion that @ContraWeb be banned. (But not that @ContraWeb will care: I don't think that they have any intention of returning to LET after this disaster.)

• 8nation8nation Member
    edited April 2017

ucxo said: Aaaand they just disabled my WHMCS account. smh

Yep, they've just done the same to mine. VPS disappears, it's not listed as a service in the Client Area, so I log a ticket... and there goes my account.

angstrom said: I second the motion that @ContraWeb be banned.

Good to see them gone.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @ContraWeb said:

@ucxo said:

@ContraWeb said:
    Hello, we are not selling these plans anymore.

What about your earlier announcement?

@ContraWeb said:

@ben1390 said:
    @ContraWeb Do you have any idea when you're likely to have some more in stock?

Tuesday the 28th. :-)

I can make a exception for a few people, but we're not selling in large quantities anymore.
    @default said:
    By now it is clear that ContraWeb is a pure scam. They terminated services and put all tickets on hold without any answer. Such persons should be banned from using LET by @jarland or @ishaq

Here, the same, my VPS is terminated without any reason and no responses from they until now.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Here, the same, my VPS is terminated without any reason and no responses from they until now.

I opened a ticket yesterday for the same reason which was set to "on-hold" few hours later. So apparently there's someone reading them.

Seriously, what is this? If they don't want to continue the contract for whatever reason, they could offer refunds. They're still posting on Facebook, so they still seem to do business.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2018

This is not a business, this is a scam to lure people and steal their money. Meanwhile they try to avoid easy refunds (PayPal and Mollie were removed from payment methods).

Basically they attract people with small amounts, steal it, and customers don't struggle to recover it with bank reports; because it's not worth the time, stress and energy, for that small amount of money.

This can somewhat be called a LowEndScam.

If you are crazy enough to go to the police, or some other legal authority, you will not succeed anything against this scam. The person behind that active Facebook page, Redacted, the brain behind it all, is just a fresh college student at Radius College in Netherlands. Most likely he is minor under Netherlands law, therefore law will not apply to him as you would expect. Again, time and energy wasted in suing a person that would escape police really easy.

It's best to simply avoid this scam and write as many bad reviews as possible about ContraWeb and Redacted, so people would avoid him and his business (scam) models.

• reserved for filling with:

• downtimes
    • responses (screenshot/proof)
    • seo, so much

service was removed, after creating a ticket the only response is:

"we dont offer this service anymore, but you can have a refund".

account is now removed, no response, no refund.

• My VPS was also terminated without any reason and no responses from them. I was hosting a small wordpress site on it for a client.

• Mine is gone too. I just opened a ticket, but meh. Even the invoice copy on their web site is gone. I hear they have really good drugs in Amsterdam. Maybe those guys got a little too into it.

ContraWeb was the scam of this year's winter on LET. Nothing else really comes close.

• My Vps gone. even not exist in the client panel

• Now I'm kicking myself for not getting one of their offers so I could be part of this thread. :(

Thanked by 1yomero
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ole_Juul said:
    Now I'm kicking myself for not getting one of their offers so I could be part of this thread. :(

I could transfer my Contraweb VPS to you. It's paid until 2017-02-03 and includes a second IPv6 subnet.

$7, PM me if you're interested.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • WSSWSS Member

When I saw "#8 512M KVM", I was suspicious. Glad I was.

• brueggus said: I could transfer my Contraweb VPS to you.

How gracious of you, but I think this thread has run its course anyway. ;)

• Might be worth giving them a review on https://www.trustpilot.com/review/contraweb.net as they seem to dislike that :)

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@default said:

@mkv said:
    And, for the record, I will definitely check mollie.com's (the payment was made using that payment gateway) fraud policy.

@ContraWeb does not support PayPal or Mollie, so it will not matter if you complain to any payment processor.

Mollie = iDeal

• @joeri said:

@default said:

@mkv said:
    And, for the record, I will definitely check mollie.com's (the payment was made using that payment gateway) fraud policy.

@ContraWeb does not support PayPal or Mollie, so it will not matter if you complain to any payment processor.

Mollie = iDeal

Afaik you cant charge back with ideal

• @teamacc said:

@joeri said:

@default said:

@mkv said:

Mollie = iDeal

Afaik you cant charge back with ideal

Sure you can't. It's a scam. They want to steal your money. Doh!

• lol on https://www.trustpilot.com/review/contraweb.net " Wij verkopen geen 512MB VPS'en. " ^^^^^^

• Hello Everyone,

First of all; my apologies for the customers affected by this.

When ContraWeb just started i did have some really powerfull servers and not allot of customers, i came with the idea to sell some VPS plans on LowEndTalk for a really cheap price, both for marketing ends and to use the free space i had on those servers. I never thought it will give me over 100 orders over night and over 200 orders in just 3 days. I used software that wasn't tested right and whas set-up in a hurry on newer servers.

After we managed to deliver all 200 Virtual Private Servers we had allot of people that abused there Virtual Private Servers with outgoing (d)dos attacks, sending spam and hosting some other illegal content which costed me allot of money.

We also received allot of tickets of people asking if we could install Windows server on a 512MB VPS with 10GB storage which whas very frustrating, we offered a VPS for €8.50/Year and people expected from us to manage there VPS

But then we started to get other issues, we used Virtpanel, a hosted control panel. They are still in beta and they use unstable software: thinpool for instance what caused dataloss and data corruption, this caused us to lose a bunch of Virtual Private Servers.

After that we got into some issues with PayPal because of the many Chinese / Japanese transanctions we received, our PayPal got blocked. It took a while till we were able to use the money that whas paid for the LowEndTalk deal.

After a while i decided that i whas not able to substain the Virtual Private Servers that i delivered because it would cost me too much money. I did send out some e-mails that we are going to quit delivering the service and that we will refund the full paid amount but not everyone used a real e-mail adress and i did not send it to everyone. This is my fault and i completely agree that i should have done this in another way.

After that i received so many tickets that i stopped responding to them, and i didn't keep everyone updated which is also my bad, i didn't react to refund requests and people started to open PayPal disputes. Which i totally understand, i would have done the same thing.

But now everyone knows what happened and why certain things happened. Some people think that i scammed allot of LET users and ran away with the money. But the truth is that this costed me more money than it brought in.

How to get a refund:

If you haven't open a PayPal dispute yet or u didn't win it yet please either open a ticket or send me a private message with the details of your account, i will make sure that these people receive a full refund within 7 days.

If you didn't pay with PayPal please also send me a message, i will refund the money using bank transfer.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Bump.

@ContraWeb: Thanks for having the courage to come back and clarify things. What you describe doesn't sound so good.

Thanked by 2ucxo vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Fair play for having the bottle to come back and admit you fucked up. Most cunts don't have the nutsack to come back, admit fault and apologise.

Thanked by 1MikePT