Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dell factory image restore?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dell factory image restore?

GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
edited March 2017 in Help

This may not be the right forum for this, but does anyone know how you'd go about getting the original OEM Dell factory image for a dell system that you bought used that came with no hard drive?

In most cases I'd install my own OS anyways but in the case with a machine I have I'd like to have the original factory OS but as mentioned earlier no restore disks or factory partitions are available. Would my only bet be to call Dell and ask if this was possible? This is a business class machine, not a consumer one you can buy in stores.

Comments

• YuraYura Member

You don't think that mentioning the actual model name would be useful in assisting your problem?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@ethancedrik said:
    This may not be the right forum for this, but does anyone know how you'd go about getting the original OEM Dell factory image for a dell system that you bought used that came with no hard drive?

In most cases I'd install my own OS anyways but in the case with a machine I have I'd like to have the original factory OS but as mentioned earlier no restore disks or factory partitions are available. Would my only bet be to call Dell and ask if this was possible? This is a business class machine, not a consumer one you can buy in stores.

As a dell platinum partner employee, I am your man.

Whats the model and form factor. Win10 images are available online.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/OSISO

• WSSWSS Member

If it came with no drive, I doubt it's new enough for 10. @ethancedrik - Usually you need to send Dell a few dollars for them to ship you a DVD, or you make friends with people who own the same machine in a support forum somewhere. :D