Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeServ Acquired - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeServ Acquired

2»

Comments

• Did finally get another reply:

It looks like your network config file did not update properly to reflect the change.

Can you please try using the "Reset Network Config" button in your VPS control panel to update it? That should do the trick :)

Great! Wait, which button do I press?

Yeah, I don't think I'm getting my server back. I'll entertain the guy on the other side for a while though...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@xyz said:
    Did finally get another reply:

It looks like your network config file did not update properly to reflect the change.

Can you please try using the "Reset Network Config" button in your VPS control panel to update it? That should do the trick :)

Great! Wait, which button do I press?

--snip--

Yeah, I don't think I'm getting my server back. I'll entertain the guy on the other side for a while though...

The guy is probably talking about the Reconfigure Network button in the SolusVM panel, not the WHMCS client area for that service.

• xyzxyz Member
    edited February 2017

Thanks a lot for the suggestion @MikeA :)

Actually, I never got a typical "server provisioned" email, so never got any SolusVM login details (not sure if this is the same for everyone else). But trying a random URL, it seems like https://manage.nodeserv.com/ works, and the username/password mentioned below the WHMCS panel lets me log in.

Unfortunately the Reconfigure Network button doesn't fix it up, but I can access the server via the serial console from SolusVM, and everything is still there. Network is entirely dead in the VPS though (can't even connect to 127.0.0.1).
    But at least, it's much further than I've gotten so far. This might actually work...

• Still working OK for me (one container been up for 143 days).

@xyz, most WHMCS installations have an "email history" in your account drop-down, in the case where you missed out on something. The provisioning email I got in Jan 2016 had solus credentials.

• ricardo said: @xyz, most WHMCS installations have an "email history" in your account drop-down, in the case where you missed out on something. The provisioning email I got in Jan 2016 had solus credentials.

Yeah, I checked that too, but it wasn't there either. I recall having some issues initially, which may be why I didn't get such an email :/ Thanks for the info nonetheless :)

Seems like I can get 127.0.0.1 working with ifdown lo; ifup lo. Unfortunately haven't got external networking working. Serial console doesn't seem to do TCP forwarding, so can't tunnel data out easily :|

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

How about ifup venet0?

Francisco

• Guess I'll be letting my box go when it expires is April.
    Sad, NodeServ was the first vps I ever bought.

• Yep, Nodeserv made the same claim against me: your ip address is being attacked. Likewise (it was just a backup node, no real attack). I am fully migrated away from nodeserv. It was good while it lasted.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Any other reputable providers in GoRACK these days? I've found a few but none I've heard of. I'm almost tempted to contact GoRACK directly for server/colo pricing since I have some spare servers lying around and they've improved so much since the last time I used them.

• @KuJoe said:
    Any other reputable providers in GoRACK these days? I've found a few but none I've heard of. I'm almost tempted to contact GoRACK directly for server/colo pricing since I have some spare servers lying around and they've improved so much since the last time I used them.

Daniel at ServerComplete. He's also CTO at GoRACK.

• Francisco said: How about ifup venet0?

OH SHI-

Nah, that'd be too easy obviously =P. Can ping IP addresses around the server (seems to be a /22), but that's it.

But something's wrong with the VPS itself too. None of the startup daemons have been launched, other than init. /etc/inittab is completely empty; can force most things to load by issuing init 2. Most devices in /dev are missing, including /dev/urandom, causing OpenSSH to not start up. Can be fixed, but really don't know what's going on. Not too well versed in the SysV init to know how to trace where boot fails.

Anyway, managed to siphon data out via sz (Zmodem). Maybe a reinstall fixes some of the weird boot issues... Might try that later.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@VortexMagnus said:

@KuJoe said:

Is ServerComplete owned by GoRACK or has Daniel just got it going good?

• @trewq said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@KuJoe said:

I think he's just got it going good :)

• @trewq said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@KuJoe said:

Thanks for the mention... GoRACK has zero interest in SC whatsoever. SC does have a large amount of space within both GoRACK data centers, but we also have our own facility. I am the CTO for GoRACK, but the two companies are entirely independent. SC operates its own network, owns all its equipment, and has its own staff.

-Daniel