Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers in Tokyo and Osaka?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers in Tokyo and Osaka?

No Minimum specs, would prefer an IPv4, but even that isn't required. Just need two VPSes that are powerful enough to run. Equinix has data centers in both of these locations, so there should be some decently priced offers out there somewhere. Other cities in Japan will work as well, but mainly looking for those two locations. Thanks

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

Linode and Vultr both have stuff in Tokyo. Can't tell about DO, it's hard to find their location list. No idea about Osaka.

If you want something totally minimal, @AnthonySmith might still have some Lowendspirit NAT vps's available in Tokyo. I don't really need mine but I don't think transfers are allowed.

What are you trying to run?

• @willie said:
    Linode and Vultr both have stuff in Tokyo. Can't tell about DO, it's hard to find their location list. No idea about Osaka.

Yes thank you, Tokyo is easy to find, Osaka is the harder one, however I have seen a couple providers in Osaka on LET before.

• Fair enough. Typing "Osaka" into the LET search box finds several possibilities. Maybe this?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1781588

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
  • Personally I won't recommend this one, they have very strict limitation on the traffic, although they advertised for "unlimited transfer".
    You will be throttled down to ~750KB/s after about only 500MB transferred, ~500KB/s after about 1-2GB traffic.
    And their staff usually won't admit they have a throttle on the transfer speed.
    Last time(about 1 year ago) after I posted a bunch of testing results, they finally tacitly approve the limitation and they won't/don't want to do anything about it other than suggesting me switching to a more expensive plan.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2017

jamespeach said: Equinix has data centers in both of these locations, so there should be some decently priced offers out there somewhere

You have interesting theories about Equinix pricing. It is very high in JP (higher than HK by far and higher than AU).