Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@ethancedrik said:
    I want to work at OVH once I finish highschool and get post-secondary education and certification and have a good CV to submit to them

Might as well apply now.. someone might look at it by then.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

@ethancedrik said:
    I want to work at OVH once I finish highschool and get post-secondary education and certification and have a good CV to submit to them

They don't actually require a high level IT degree, Definitely learn French, this would be the best thing as an English speaker that can also do good french is what they need for support staff.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • WSSWSS Member

@pbgben said:

@WSS said:

@ethancedrik said:

They don't actually require a high level IT degree, Definitely learn French, this would be the best thing as an English speaker that can also do good french is what they need for support staff.

I'm already snotty and hate fellow Americans. Does that work?

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • pepilelpepilel Member
    edited January 2017

I am so impatient and really ask everyday. Is there any news, or better rumors??

• WSSWSS Member

@pepilel said:
    I am so impatient and really ask everyday. Is there any news, or better rumors??

Yes.

• @WSS said:

@pepilel said:

Yes.

What is the news or rumors? Détails s'il vous plaît.

• WSSWSS Member

@pepilel said:

@WSS said:

@pepilel said:

Yes.

Oh. I just report on the fact you asked for news and/or rumors. You're going to need to ask LETTMZ for that..

• I've just received an email from the german support team:

1. Payment starts at the end of january
      • So if you dont pay, end of january server will end
    2. IPv6 isnt part of the Discover offer so "gtfo"
    3. Regarding VAC: In case of attacks, please contact the support

I was just like WTF.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited January 2017

^^ thats what i "call" support "team", my BIIIG L.O.L for them. glad i am faaar faaaar away from them and their a called "network"

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2017

OVH support has always been somewhat "unreasonable"..

I'm 100% positive that they will definitely provide VAC and probably even IPv6 at some point. They only question is: when? French are that kind of people overall.. They don't really care if something is late for months from what was agreed as long as it gets delivered someday.

They know that even if we cancel, they won't go bankrupt from it, so it's more cheaper for them to say "fuck off" or stop answering and cause 20% of the current customers of 500 servers in WAW to disappear than hurry the production of the datacenter to appeal the mass of customers.

OVH doesen't care more than it needs to unfortunately. They're so cheap compared to others that they get away with putting on this kind of shit. I also wait for the Anti-DDoS to arrive but no way i'd cancel this server before 5 months of waiting unless some other provider comes up with with cheaper price.

In fact when being with OVH I'm amazed to even get answer from their support team sometimes.. It's not that their support sucks.. it's that it doesen't even exist sometimes.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

@xrz said:
    ^^ thats what i "call" support "team", my BIIIG L.O.L for them. glad i am faaar faaaar away from them and their a called "network"

All the servers and VPSs and everything I have online is hosted with them lol in BHS

• I think they already filed for bankruptcy, I am sure of it, at least moral bankruptcy....

• Another copy paste email this morning..

Hello,

At the end of December, we informed you that we were experiencing some challenges in deploying the new VAC infrastructure (the anti-DDoS system) in our Sydney and Singapore datacenters.

This deployment is essential to guarantee the protection for your service(s) and that of all our customers from threats of attack.
    Our priority is to ensure performance and protect the services hosted by our customers. To guarantee this level of service, we need to further optimize our infrastructures and are forced to push back the delivery of your pre-ordered solutions.

You will be informed about the availability of your service as soon as possible, and as previously announced, we will offer you one-month service for free to compensate for this delay.

Alternatively, you may cancel your pre-order from your confirmation email and get a full refund.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for the confidence you place in us.

Regards,
    The OVH team

• Update on my Side:

My Poland server got renewed for free again (dispite german support told me to pay or gtfo because its getting shut down).

Im still like WTF o_Ô

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2017

From email with [email protected]

Here's a direct comment of Germain Masse, network director, working on the
    integration of the service for DC WAW :

1. Current behavior in case of DDoS on WAW IP ?

Actually, during the time of an IP is under attack. The IP is "blackholed".
    When the attack stops, the IP remain.

2. About the integration of the VAC for the location in WAW DC:

VAC technology require to have direct connection between a VAC and
    a remote datacenter: traffic is filtered nearest the internet
    endpoint to avoid transporting the attacks over our backbone, then
    the cleaned traffic is transported to the target DC through these
    direct connections.

Until now, we were using dedicated optical wavelengths, but it
    doesn't scale with the increasing number of Datacenters (Europe,
    Asia, Australia, US).
    The solution is to encapsulate the 'cleaned' traffic on Layer 3
    and simply use our backbone in place of the direct connections.
    We have decided to use GRE protocol to achieve a fast deployment.
    In the meantime we continue to test/work on alternative protocol
    (MPLS, vxLAN, ...).
    Using GRE means we have to change some configuration on our
    backbone which has required some extra R&D.

When we have started to deploy GRE in our datacenter, we have faced
    Core-datacenter equipment dysfunctions that have not happened before
    during our tests.
    We had to deploy new additional equipments dedicated for GRE.
    We are currently blocked by a bug on these new equipments (random
    packets drop). We are actively working with the vendor to resolve
    this issue.

Also the IPv6 will be prodded with the next range of fully available offer.
    It wasn't planned in the 'Discovery' offer.

TL:DR, they realized that with 3 new datacenters, their anti-ddos does not scale anymore and they need a new technology which they are researching and testing. In short, don't expect anything for the next few months to a year.

Untill that technology is production ready, I can't see them deploying their new "Armor Anti-DDoS" system worldwide, so there will be delays and more delays..

I would be happy with nulled IP based ddos protection in SYD, I just need the server ;(

• @pbgben said:
    I would be happy with nulled IP based ddos protection in SYD, I just need the server ;(

Same. :'( those Specs for that price with or without ddos protection is better then anything available in Aus at the moment.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

@sqamsqam said:

@pbgben said:

Same. :'( those Specs for that price with or without ddos protection is better then anything available in Aus at the moment.

I recently sold a batch of E3s with similar spec and only slightly higher pricing (E3-1270v2/32GB/2x500GBSSD and 3TB data). They sold fast; mainly because people were sick of sitting around waiting for OVH so cancelled their preorders. I have another pallet worth on the way now so if you are interested in something similar and actually want it delivered and not just sit around waiting for potentially months let me know.

• @Oliver said:

@sqamsqam said:

@pbgben said:

I recently sold a batch of E3s with similar spec and only slightly higher pricing (E3-1270v2/32GB/2x500GBSSD and 3TB data). They sold fast; mainly because people were sick of sitting around waiting for OVH so cancelled their preorders. I have another pallet worth on the way now so if you are interested in something similar and actually want it delivered and not just sit around waiting for potentially months let me know.

Got an IP that I could run a few tests with? Also, what would this 'slightly higher' pricing be? Asking because I am tired of waiting for the same OVH server for a few months now.

K4Y5 said: Got an IP that I could run a few tests with? Also, what would this 'slightly higher' pricing be? Asking because I am tired of waiting for the same OVH server for a few months now.

Probably best to try looking glass here:

http://sydney-lg.ransomit.com.au/

The plan is listed here at $160 AUD which is about $122 USD today; though the trend right now is AUD is weakening vs strengthening USD so it may well be that the price for foreigners actually gets better for this service.

https://www.ransomit.com.au/australian_dedicated_servers

Judging by the interest I have seen in these servers and dedicated in AU recently you are not the only one tired of waiting for OVH.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • @Oliver said:

@sqamsqam said:

@pbgben said:

What datacenter in Australia are you using?

@ethancedrik said:

What datacenter in Australia are you using?

All Sydney services are in Equinix SY3.

edited February 2017

Let's get some high-res close ups of the equipment in the Sydney datacenter

No wonder they aren't ready, they don't even have those NICs in the servers connected!

Thanked by 2WSS GamerTech24
    edited February 2017

Yeah, https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/D/X10SDD-F.cfm found the boards they're using as well, wonder if they'll give people IMPI too since it's on board

Additionally with the 3TB plan I assume they'll have the option to purchase more bandwidth/data as needed

Just me or is it weird that motherboard uses a SoC CPU that they aren't offering as dedicated server?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Oliver said:
    Just me or is it weird that motherboard uses a SoC CPU that they aren't offering as dedicated server?

Exactly what I was thinking.

@trewq said:

@Oliver said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

This is most interesting... Dual SSD's as the offer states, m.2 is a huge bonus. RAM is 32GB and then the board is for a different CPU... Wonder if these are for a different offer or perhaps they miss advertised and GRRRRR