Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The current registration hotness? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The current registration hotness?

Comments

• @WWS

No, you don't. Bad experience. Whenever the ones I fell in love with had any saying it was invariably "He doesn't look even remotely human. Nevar evar!" and ran away.

Don't worry, honey. I can be nice too at times. Once, for instance I was almost charming. Must've been in the 80ies. Probably I was sleeping.

• WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy You're a BSD License Richard Stallman, aren't you?

• WSSWSS Member

Good news Everyone, @bsdguy- You can get cociu.faith for $6.80 for 10 years for only $7 from PorkBun!

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @WSS

... and then Nekki jealously shoots his .45 at me? Nice plan, you evil bastard.

• i just realized that Namesilo also use some of the LEB providers around here for their DNS & emailfoward

Thanked by 1willie
  • @milo, do you know who?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2017

gandi expensive

If you deposit around 6 grand into your account, you get prices comparable to GoDaddy and greater TLD coverage.

I wish their starting tiers were more competitive.

The way their API is set up, it'd be easy to delegate sub-resellers and customer accounts. Perhaps room for a LET Gandi... ...

• Also +1 for namesilo

• milomilo Member
    edited January 2017

@bohdans said:
    @milo, do you know who?

Although probably they use not necessarily low end vps. See here:

https://www.robtex.com/advisory/dns/com/dnsowl/#records

• moving 1 domain to porkbun :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2017

I won't take an IT company called "Pork bun" seriously, this is on the same retard level as "Go Daddy".

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bsdguy said: ... and then Nekki jealously shoots his .45 at me? Nice plan, you evil bastard.

@Nekki's in Great Britain - you face a nerf gun at worst.

• @rm_ Yet godaddy is one of the top most trusted registrar in any industry.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Hxxx said: Yet godaddy is one of the top most trusted registrar in any industry.

Right.

• Yeah, GoDaddy tend to be shit mainly due to their support which takes 3 days to give you boilerplate responses, but generally there's not much between registrars other than price.

Kinda helps to qualify what you're after from a registrar. Most do what they're named after, registering domains.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

@Hxxx said:
    @rm_ Yet godaddy is one of the top most trusted registrar in any industry.

lol

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited January 2017

Unfortunately GoDaddy has the same effect as Amazon and Azure when you talk in a corporate meeting. Everyone knows that's the place where you go and buy a domain. I personally don't use it.

@WSS said:

@Hxxx said:
    @rm_ Yet godaddy is one of the top most trusted registrar in any industry.

lol

• WSSWSS Member

@Hxxx said:
    Unfortunately GoDaddy has the same effect as Amazon and Azure when you talk in a corporate meeting. Everyone knows that's the place where you go and buy a domain. I personally don't use it.

Must be a progressive company- I'm surprised nobody mentioned Network Solutions- or INTERNIC.

• Network solutions usually = bad experience or unfriendly and outdated UI. I have seen a few corporate using them, especially if they are old companies.

@WSS said:

@Hxxx said:

Must be a progressive company- I'm surprised nobody mentioned Network Solutions- or INTERNIC.

WSS said: Don't I get a say in the matter? (It's going to be a Drewish wedding.)

Holy crap, I'm watching Spaceballs this very moment.

Oh and did I mention how much NameCheap sucks? OMG their transfers are so slow. I also like how I have to log out and log back into their website in order to see changes I submitted (through their web site) reflected.

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

Just enrolled a porkbun account. Am thinking of ordering a domain from them instead of namesilo, but feeling some hesitation. Might use namesilo anyway, despite them costing a little more. I have a few with namesilo (both new reg and transfer-in) and like them so far. Have a few new reg with Namecheap, no real problems but I like Namesilo experience better. Haven't tried any transfer-outs with anyone yet. I've heard porkbun is a hassle about that.

Porkbun site doesn't work without transcluding scripts from googleapis, annoying.

• @raindog308 said:

WSS said: Don't I get a say in the matter? (It's going to be a Drewish wedding.)

Holy crap, I'm watching Spaceballs this very moment.

It's always a good time for the classics!

@willie said:
    Porkbun site doesn't work without transcluding scripts from googleapis, annoying.

Porkbun is annoying as hell. I do like NameSilo, but I got a .party domain for 10 years, and it cost me $6.80. I can live with that.

• WSS said: I do like NameSilo, but I got a .party domain for 10 years, and it cost me $6.80. I can live with that.

Wait, you mean from porkbun? Or namesilo? Both list higher prices than that. Don't remember exact amounts but I think $1.25/y and $1.70/y for renewals, PB vs NS.

• @willie said:

WSS said: I do like NameSilo, but I got a .party domain for 10 years, and it cost me $6.80. I can live with that.

Wait, you mean from porkbun? Or namesilo? Both list higher prices than that. Don't remember exact amounts but I think $1.25/y and $1.70/y for renewals, PB vs NS.

I guess that was kind of ambiguous. I got it from PorkBun- they were having some insane special a couple weeks ago. By requesting it for over 5 years, it triggered another ~30% discount.

• The new TLDs cost 95 cent at porkbun, but buying more than 1 (even more than 1 year) drops the price by 30 cents per item.

I think its still available.

• Thanks and lol, I just tried a party domain but it's a premium domain and they wanted $500+ for it. They were way ahead of me ;).

• WSS said: Porkbun is annoying as hell.

What do you find annoying about them?

• @Detruire said:

WSS said: Porkbun is annoying as hell.

What do you find annoying about them?

-> points to website

Thanked by 1ModMod

So now that I'm moving stuff over to NameSilo I realized they don't offer SSL like NameCheap.

I guess I could still buy an SSL from NameCheap but I'm wondering who the current SSL registration hotness is (besides Let's Encrypt).