Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudShards Closure Notice - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudShards Closure Notice

Comments

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I can assist with people looking for a new home in Australia (for dedi, colo, and VPS service that Query Foundry might have had). I am not going to try and match offers from a provider who has failed though - sorry. I'd like to think mine are competitive though. :-)

Thanks for the mention @AnthonySmith

Thanked by 4ATHK Asim eva2000 mikho
  • @Oliver said:
    I can assist with people looking for a new home in Australia (for dedi, colo, and VPS service that Query Foundry might have had). I am not going to try and match offers from a provider who has failed though - sorry. I'd like to think mine are competitive though. :-)

Thanks for the mention @AnthonySmith

Atleast your network is 100x better.. oh and multi homed ;)

• @FusedIT said:
    Isn't Dediserve with them in SYD? lets wait for an email from them I guess then..

I have a VPS with Dediserve in Sydney so I contacted them and they responded:

We do indeed use QueryFoundry upstream in our Syd cloud (in the Equinix SY3 building).

We are working on moving to a new upstream at the moment, but rest assured that as we own all of the hardware, equipment, and IP ranges in place, we expect any impact to be relatively minimal.

We will update our status pages with full details as soon as the plan is finalised!

Thanked by 2josephb eva2000
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

If anyone needs replacement in Dallas, we are able to offer Xen HVM there or OpenVZ in our other locations.

If you are interested, open ticket with an invoice from a QueryFoundry brand and your specs, to discuss.
    https://vikinglayer.com/clients/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

• Dr.Server has shat the bed a few times too many for my liking. As an interested onlooker, seems like a number of times @Radi has been left high and dry trying to deal with a problem without being able contact the boss.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2017

@Nekki Things are being reorganized now. Emergency plans are improving. :)
    I got datacenter account access and can do as needed now. Knock-on-wood, everything is online at this moment.

There will be some new things, which will be introduced soon.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

Owned-Networks would be happy to host for those that are soon to be on the street after Cloudshards' closure; among many services we offer KVM in Dallas, NYC, Miami, Seattle and LA. Feel free to reach out.

Thanked by 2Asim eva2000
  • Good morning (or evening) everyone.

We (InnoScale) were in the process of negotiating with CloudShards / Query Foundry to acquire their Dallas operations (and only this location) over the past month when this unfortunate downtime occurred. The details of this downtime were not shared with us (please don't ask), but we decided to stop our pursuit of purchasing the company during the due diligence phase, as we were not willing to take on the debts that the company had.

InnoScale can offer clients space in:
    Dallas, TX
    Ashburn, VA
    Chicago, IL
    Seattle, WA
    Santa Clara, CA

We would also be happy to help with data migration work for any clients that need assistance.

Our list pricing is substantially higher than what CloudShards / Query Foundry were charging, so to match that pricing please have a copy of your most recent invoice available.

Please email [email protected] or find us on livechat.

Sincerely,
    InnoScale

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

Subnet Labs would be happy to match pricing from cloud shards or the sub brands on the vps hosting side, or shared hosting. (Seattle, Dallas, NYC).

That includes my former $7 - 1TB customers at Fliphost :P

Simply pm me or open a ticket on our website and I will get you set up.

• Awmusic12635 said: That includes my former $7 - 1TB customers at Fliphost :P

Even if I don't have a service currently?

AlyssaD said: Even if I don't have a service currently?

Did it expire / was canceled?

• Awmusic12635 said: Did it expire / was canceled?

Canceled it a long time ago do to the company going to shit. This was about a year and a half ago now. Support tickets weren't responded to, servers kept going offline, etc.

@AlyssaD said:

Awmusic12635 said: Did it expire / was canceled?

Canceled it a long time ago do to the company going to shit. This was about a year and a half ago now. Support tickets weren't responded to, servers kept going offline, etc.

Sure I'll match it. Pm me or open a ticket and I will take care of you. Whichever is easier for you

• I can also help out in Atlanta or LA.

Just PM me specs/pricing and I'll see what I can do.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • CloudShards was my first lowend vps provider after i moved away from WiredTree back in 2013 and the performance was great never had any issues. I moved away from CloudShards in 2015 thanks to those regular ddos attacks that CloudShards wasn't able to handle because of no ddos protection so they suggested me to find another provider.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think any end users considering going to another host offering match pricing should really think about what they are doing if this episode annoyed you even a little bit.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited January 2017

Sir, you are smart.

@AnthonySmith said:
    I think any end users considering going to another host offering match pricing should really think about what they are doing if this episode annoyed you even a little bit.

• Some of that is the hard part. Finding a deal on someone decent vs just cheap junk. I've been on FlipHost for a few years and had no clue they were falling apart so badly. My service has been just fine. I host a small private IRC server from it so I notice just about any down time too.

I've been scrolling up and down the providers responding here and on the main page and with all the same control panels and easy to build/buy web themes it is hard to impulse pick someone quickly. I have such low usage its hard to justify much money. Besides the IRC I just host some OSS and funnel some personal vpn traffic at times.

Oh well. At least we did get some notice (I am and have been continuously online) and I had backups anyway.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Indeed. As much as we hate seeing a provider go under and will try to help clients (some have already reached out)... some of this is just crazy talk. If they struggled to sustain some decline or client loss then it says to me that their margin was terrible and cash flow was inexistent.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @jheizer said:
    Some of that is the hard part. Finding a deal on someone decent vs just cheap junk. I've been on FlipHost for a few years and had no clue they were falling apart so badly. My service has been just fine. I host a small private IRC server from it so I notice just about any down time too.

I've been scrolling up and down the providers responding here and on the main page and with all the same control panels and easy to build/buy web themes it is hard to impulse pick someone quickly. I have such low usage its hard to justify much money. Besides the IRC I just host some OSS and funnel some personal vpn traffic at times.

Oh well. At least we did get some notice (I am and have been continuously online) and I had backups anyway.

We've been involved with quite a few "distressed" hosts. Sadly most people don't know things are bad until they completely go under. Surprisingly, these companies are quite good at times at keeping up appearances until the last minute, and then usually it's a connectivity or datacenter provider that pulls the plug.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • edited January 2017

Alex at ImpactVPS (Awmusic12635 here at LET) hooked me up with a great deal last week when the SHTF and I saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship from FlipHost / Query Foundry. I really dig their VDR system too - tons of flexibility there.

I highly recommend contacting him and at least seeing what he can do for you!

• hmm i have a yearly paid vps with cloudshard with 6 months left ! Anyone else prepaid up ?

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited January 2017

In LET, never prepay man. I doubt they will refund anything.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@eva2000 said:
    hmm i have a yearly paid vps with cloudshard with 6 months left ! Anyone else prepaid up ?

You're an unsecured creditor. If they do actually claim bankruptcy and go into administration then I doubt you'll see anything sadly.

• I always hate to see providers going under, especially when the provider cannot or does not provide notice to customers before equipment goes offline. It speaks a lot to the character of the ownership of CloudShards that they provided notice and owned up to their financial troubles. I wish them all the best with the situation currently at hand and with their future endeavors.

Should any affected dedicated server customers of CloudShards or their other brands need a place to go, we would gladly provide a free month of service, and do our best to match any pricing with a copy of the most recent paid invoice. Please contact me personally via email if you need to arrange a server to migrate onto. My email is daniel [@] servercomplete [.] com

Best of luck to everyone looking for a new provider.

Thanks,

Daniel

• SC_Daniel said: It speaks a lot to the character of the ownership of CloudShards that they provided notice and owned up to their financial troubles.

Um, have you been following the drama the past few days? They didn't own up to anything until it was clear they were off the air and not coming back.

• @SC_Daniel said:
    I always hate to see providers going under, especially when the provider cannot or does not provide notice to customers before equipment goes offline. It speaks a lot to the character of the ownership of CloudShards that they provided notice and owned up to their financial troubles. I wish them all the best with the situation currently at hand and with their future endeavors.

I hope they never choose to go into the business again, quite frankly. They only 'owned up' after putting everyone hosted at their Dallas colo through hell with upwards of 48 hours of downtime with pretty much NO communication other than stall tactics via their Twitter feed. And only gave us a made up RFO after the fact.

Unfortunately the people behind Query Foundry will probably be back up next week with a new name and no obligations.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @trewq said:

@eva2000 said:
    hmm i have a yearly paid vps with cloudshard with 6 months left ! Anyone else prepaid up ?

You're an unsecured creditor. If they do actually claim bankruptcy and go into administration then I doubt you'll see anything sadly.

yeah afraid that might be the case

VPS is in Sydney, Australia as part of geodns cluster which is shared/load balanced with dediserver Sydney, Australia VPS too (which seems to use Query Foundary too) LOL

• @eva2000 said:
    VPS is in Sydney, Australia as part of geodns cluster which is shared/load balanced with dediserver Sydney, Australia VPS too (which seems to use Query Foundary too) LOL

We're shifting to new Upstream in SY3 in the coming 24 hours, more on our status site.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@dediserve said:

@eva2000 said:

We're shifting to new Upstream in SY3 in the coming 24 hours, more on our status site.

You must have picked a good provider or be paying a lot for them to be moving you on a public holiday! Either way good situation management on your part.

Thanked by 2josephb dediserve