Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET job board
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET job board

Suggestions/Memes are welcome.

Also, if you ever recruited anyone from LET, please share your experience.

Disclaimer: Not interested in starting the job board.

Poll not found

Comments

• Poll not found. rip.

• @Dextronox said:
      Poll not found. rip.

Working for me

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Unfortunately, when you vote "Poll not found"

• we have been dotted

Thanked by 1GoatSeller
    • @dotted said:
      Suggestions/Memes are welcome.

Also, if you ever recruited anyone from LET, please share your experience.

Disclaimer: Not interested in starting the job board.

The poll was not found.

• deployvm said: Unfortunately, when you vote "Poll not found"

zafouhar said: The poll was not found.

I guess something is wrong with the site. Some managed to vote :

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
      edited December 2016

Polls don't like the cluster. Different cluster members might see different things. I'm pretty sure they sync up eventually. No idea how you can cluster and get post sync down to a science without other items too but...whatever ;)

Thanked by 1GoatSeller
    • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Couldn't see the poll at first after voting, but it works OK now. Here's the latest results for the folks that still can't see it:

• If it's just going to be a terrible job board like all the other terrible job boards (and most of the jobs that have been posted to LET), there would be no point. A good job post would (at a minimum):

1. Name the company and say why the work you do is important and interesting (no marketing BS).
      2. Say what work will actually be done by the advertised position (not just a wishlist of technologies).
      3. Clearly state what compensation will be offered in return.
      4. Allow me to just submit my résumé without wading through yet another account setup portal.
    • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@impossiblystupid said:
      If it's just going to be a terrible job board like all the other terrible job boards (and most of the jobs that have been posted to LET), there would be no point. A good job post would (at a minimum):

1. Name the company and say why the work you do is important and interesting (no marketing BS).
      2. Say what work will actually be done by the advertised position (not just a wishlist of technologies).
      4. Allow me to just submit my résumé without wading through yet another account setup portal.

More importantly:

5) Prevent blind recruiters from mass-contacting clearly unsuitable candidates, and allow to specify requirements and what you expect from an employer.

Thanked by 2GCat cassa
    • @joepie91 said:

@impossiblystupid said:
      If it's just going to be a terrible job board like all the other terrible job boards (and most of the jobs that have been posted to LET), there would be no point. A good job post would (at a minimum):

More importantly:

5) Prevent blind recruiters from mass-contacting clearly unsuitable candidates, and allow to specify requirements and what you expect from an employer.

The aim would be direct hiring and not going through an HR agency or an HR agency owned portal (making an account and adding a bunch of info ..), so I guess we can rule out mass-contacting and resume collecting.

If it's interesting enough, a category with specific rules (like the newly suggested guidelines for the requests) would do the job.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

dotted said: The aim would be direct hiring and not going through an HR agency or an HR agency owned portal (making an account and adding a bunch of info ..), so I guess we can rule out mass-contacting and resume collecting.

Trust me, recruiters crawl around direct-hiring sites too. It's a common complaint I hear around me from competent people who just get tired of the low-quality cruft being thrown at them, with job board sites doing precisely nothing to resolve the issue.

Thanked by 1GoatSeller
    • jhjh Member

Already exists, called Fiverr.

• @jh said:
      Already exists, called Fiverr.

Fiverr is a marketplace.

Thank you, come again.

• A good idea :)

• @joepie91 said:
      5) Prevent blind recruiters from mass-contacting clearly unsuitable candidates,

Covered by my 1st point, I think. It is recruiters who are the ones that have the most to gain from hiding the identity of the company that's actually doing the hiring.

and allow to specify requirements and what you expect from an employer.

Baby steps. The process is already entirely one-sided. Before you think you can start making demands, a more reasonable request is to ask a company to simply attach a value to all the work they say they want done.