Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review - Verelox B.V - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review - Verelox B.V

Comments

• You were banned for spamming 2 years ago:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/100145/TheDarknessz0rz

Since it's an old ban, I will let it go.

Thanked by 1SFSEDev
  • SFSEDevSFSEDev Member
    edited December 2016

@Ishaq said:
    You were banned for spamming 2 years ago:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/100145/TheDarknessz0rz

Since it's an old ban, I will let it go.

Um, I don't even remember posting with this account my friend, so could you enlighten me where I spammed or something? But yes, this is the account I'm speaking of.

• If you want my advice, I wouldn't suggest posting reviews as a new member. It holds no weight and it's the reason you are getting such unfavourable responses.

Maybe if you stuck around and contributed more before posting a review it would have gone better.

Could also explain why one of the mods banned you in 2014.

Thanked by 2SFSEDev vimalware
  • +1 for Verelox ... after their recent upgrade, their VPS is better now ... i am using it for last 1 month or few more .... it's good so far and i am agreed to OP that their support is quite good ...

I saw Verelox when i was reading their post on LET, while people are saying Verelox is new and unknown in LET :(

Whatever ... Good network, good hardware, good support and hourly billing , this is enough to be a good provider. I take it as DO / Vultr alternative. Here's Disk Speed Test:

Here's FreeVPS Benchmark:

Make sure that your services stay at the best possible quality @Verelox :)

Thanked by 2SFSEDev Verelox
  • @Ishaq said:
    If you want my advice, I wouldn't suggest posting reviews as a new member. It holds no weight and it's the reason you are getting such unfavourable responses.

Maybe if you stuck around and contributed more before posting a review it would have gone better.

Could also explain why one of the mods banned you in 2014.

I don't necessarily care about the responses, yes they're repulsive, untruthful & annoying, but that's kind of expected here (so I've been told).

I'm still lost on the whole "ban", could you or somebody else please give me some insight behind this, I rarely ever browsed this site, only to look for hosting providers.

Meh.

• SFSEDev said: I'm still lost on the whole "ban", could you or somebody else please give me some insight behind this, I rarely ever browsed this site, only to look for hosting providers.

Don't have anything else, sorry. The content was removed and can't be restored now.

• @Ishaq said:

SFSEDev said: I'm still lost on the whole "ban", could you or somebody else please give me some insight behind this, I rarely ever browsed this site, only to look for hosting providers.

Don't have anything else, sorry. The content was removed and can't be restored now.

Alrighty then, I guess I'll continue to use this account instead. Thanks.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited December 2016

@StevenGeorge said:
    +1 for Verelox ... after their recent upgrade, their VPS is better now ... i am using it for last 1 month or few more .... it's good so far and i am agreed to OP that their support is quite good ...

I saw Verelox when i was reading their post on LET, while people are saying Verelox is new and unknown in LET :(

Whatever ... Good network, good hardware, good support and hourly billing , this is enough to be a good provider. I take it as DO / Vultr alternative. Here's Disk Speed Test:

Here's FreeVPS Benchmark:

Make sure that your services stay at the best possible quality @Verelox :)

We all know how "accurate" dd is for disk bench, could you post some joking ioping results instead?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    We all know how "accurate" dd is for disk bench, could you post some joking results instead?

I did what i know of .... if you want something else, let me know ... i will run the test ...

Thanked by 1SFSEDev
  • @StevenGeorge said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    We all know how "accurate" dd is for disk bench, could you post some joking results instead?

I did what i know of .... if you want something else, let me know ... i will run the test ...

Sorry, typing on my phone, I meant ioping, freakin autocorrection.

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

search git hub for his banned username and see the wonderful project he "starred"

• @OhMyMy said:
    search git hub for his banned username and see the wonderful project he "starred"

And this is relevant because?

Thanked by 1SFSEDev
  • reviews of "great" providers while shaming one who wanted to charge for DDOS protection maybe need to be put in context based on someones interests perhaps. If not feel free to cut my comments - but context seems important.

• SFSEDevSFSEDev Member
    edited December 2016

@OhMyMy said:

Oh damn, sure caught me using sqlmap to test my own sites for SQL vulnerabilities.... :'( #exposed

Jokes aside, like @Ishaq said, this is relevant because?...

• edited December 2016

@jarland said:

@SFSEDev said:
    Literally not even 30 minutes after posting this, I'm getting PMs from people saying i was paid to write this review.

What kind of madness is this?

This is an industry filled with people who try to get ahead by spamming or shilling their way to brand recognition. I'd go as far as to say those are the primary marketing techniques of this industry. This forum is full of people who are sick of that. No one here has ever heard of this company. This is a fairly normal reaction in that context.

I've used them and Giovanni has been great. They are more popular in wht

Thanked by 2SFSEDev Verelox
  • UnixBench:

No idea, how relevant it is ... just did it :)

Thanked by 1SFSEDev
  • and this

• SFSEDev said: Verelox smashes these other companies,

Dial back on the caffeine while writing ad copy.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

So, the reason you are getting negative responses is a combination of factors:

• New account
    • Overly praising remarks that sound like marketing rather than experience, eg:

• "What sets Verelox B.V aside from the rest is their blazing fast & extremely courteous staff."
      • "Don't worry, I've never had more than an hour of downtime with Verelox B.V."
    • Constant mentioning of the full company name, sounds very unnatural and SEO-y

• Relatively unknown provider
    • Hostile attitude towards being questioned
    • An industry where shilling is pretty much the only constant factor

I'm still not convinced that this is a legitimate review. Things just don't line up, and it reads like marketing copy.

Thanked by 2thharris SFSEDev
  • Yea it just reads like a shill me to as awell

• It seems like a shill but fact is: it works. It stays on LET first page and people are researching about this company and checking their website... (Adding a review on their sales thread would have seem less spammy.)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I guess at the end of the day I'd rather have a few fake reviews than be WHT. What they do to reviews is hell. Unless, of course, the review is for a host the mods there like.

• @jvnadr said:

lustix said: Joined December 13

...Said the member joined October 13...

dude is u dumb? am I the one who is publishing shilling topics?

aka: thats why @BlazingServers deserves my respect

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

datanoise said: It seems like a shill but fact is: it works.

Because they got lucky. Usually these kinds of reviews get removed if evidence of shilling can be found.

That having been said, I suspect this won't exactly do wonders for Verelox' reputation around here...

• datanoise said: It seems like a shill

Why someone post a shill review for a provider that does not have any bad reviews, just some rather decent ones? I checked their offers in LET and I did not find any real complains about their vps. Anyway...

jarland said: I guess at the end of the day I'd rather have a few fake reviews than be WHT. What they do to reviews is hell. Unless, of course, the review is for a host the mods there like.

^^ I totally agree. After all, if someone tries to post a shill review for a hoster that is crap (aka, the review is not accurate), then, in zero time there will be lot of real users post their real experiences with the bad host.

Thanked by 1SFSEDev
  • Responding as we were mentioned, and due to the controversy this thread has caused:

jarland said: I guess at the end of the day I'd rather have a few fake reviews than be WHT

Not quite sure how "fake reviews" is being defined here, but we can guarantee that we did not make a "fake profile" and post about ourselves such as what @lustix post seems to suggest. This review is from a client of ours that has been with us since early 2015. We have contacted service owners of at least 6 months with us to encourage them to review our services on public forums such as WHT/LET since we rarely get reviews on forums, which could be the reason @SFSEDev decided to post about us on that day. I'm really thankful for the time and efforts of the OP for writing this; however, we did not "pay" for the review to be written, nor did we ask for these words to be put there. So the fact is, regardless of opinions, this is not a fake review.

joepie91 said: Because they got lucky. Usually these kinds of reviews get removed if evidence of shilling can be found.

I have to say that we are indeed very lucky because we have great and kind customers, but not because this review has not been "removed". In fact, I do not mind this review getting removed at all; I think it would indeed be best if @jarland or @Ishaq proceed with removing this thread since it continues to attract hate comments towards the customer. I do not think anyone should deserve such treatment for writing a review, whether negative or positive.

That being said:

1. We did not pay for this review to be written.
    2. If the OP does not mind, Administrators can feel free to remove the thread.
    3. We are very thankful to @SFSEDev for his efforts and for his time on writing this review and I really apologize for all the troubles this thread has brought.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

• @Verelox, just to be absolutely clear on this matter: OP did not get anything in return for his review (before or after writing it), not even the slightest "a free month" kind of thing?

• teamacc said: @Verelox, just to be absolutely clear on this matter: OP did not get anything in return for his review (before or after writing it), not even the slightest "a free month" kind of thing?

No.

• The persistence is astounding, I must say, this is the first review I've ever written. So for those who've left me actual constructive criticism, I thank you very much.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We have contacted service owners of at least 6 months with us to encourage them to review our services on public forums such as WHT/LET since we rarely get reviews on forums

Did that once. Got one review out of it. It was removed from WHT.